ADVERTISEMENT

destin in late August

Drive across the Destin bridge on to okaloosa island in fort Walton beach And go to STEWBYS. awesome seafood that locals love. And not as crowded as Destin

Harbor docks is the bomb....best Sushi hands down (and I went to college in Japan after FSU)....It will still be very crowded and traffic will suck in Destin proper....go to Mirimar Beach or better still Santa Rosa beach if possible....

Maguire's for steaks and beer. Boshsmps and Dewey Destin for seafood. Lulu's for the atmosphere. Burrito Del Sol for great fresh Mexican. Breakfast Table for breakfast.
The kids will love watching the seaplanes take off and land at Lulu’s....you can even get a ride on one if you’re so inclined.

Lulu's is very cool for kids and the food's not bad. Also if you have an extra 250k laying around you can score a nice boat while you're there

Lulus food is garbage...great atmosphere tho...The Gulf on Okaloosa Island is similar but better

McGuire's Irish Pub of Destin the place is very touristy but the food is awesome they make their own beer including root beer the staff is an awesome good spot for a family.

Harbor Docks for sushi and Louisiana Lagniappe are about as close to local that you can get these days. Dewey’s is still ok. IMO, the rest of the Destin restaurants named on this threads are tourists traps built to get Alabama tourists to pay double the price. 99% of the good local seafood places are gone.

I can’t say the food is great and it is going to be overpriced, but the kids will like a place like Fudpuckers, Crab Trap or Boshamps.

You can feed alligators at Fudpuckers and big daddy’s arcade is right next door. It’s intentionally quirky. They used to have live music regularly too.

Crab Trap is right on the beach and the kids can run around on up and down the beach and play on jungle gyms while mom and dad can watch while sipping a cocktail. They also have an outside bar and ice cream.

Boshamps is way overpriced, but it is on the harbor, and they usually have live music and a small lit beach area where kids can run around and play.

Google all three and you can a feel for them.

In late August it will be really, really hot and the water will be really warm and might be full of seaweed. Just letting you know.

Harbor docks is the bomb....best Sushi hands down (and I went to college in Japan after FSU)....It will still be very crowded and traffic will suck in Destin proper....go to Mirimar Beach or better still Santa Rosa beach if possible....
Yeah my buddy’s mom does the sushi there and is the best. His grandfather was one of the most well known in Japan and I remember in High school she was flown to do sushi for Mel Gibson Julia Roberts and Danny Glover movies. Growing up eating that has ruined me for sushi anywhere else.

@wooh ....yep Yoshie is the best...and a sweet lady as well....my wife is a Yoshi as well and we have been to her home for a few true Japanese feasts! I love Harbor Docks!

Reactions: wooh
Definitely a fan of breakfast at the Donut Hole. The one east of town wasn’t quite as backed up as the original when we went.

If you go to BoShamps, get the Snapper of Destin. Hands down one of the best meals here. Red Bar is opening this weekend in Grayton Beach as well. Local Catch, Goatfeathers and Shunk Gulley in. Santa Rosa Beach on 30A are excellent as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT