ADVERTISEMENT

Did you get vaccinated yet?

I didn’t say anything about guilt.
The definition of justice is simply "getting what you deserve." Do good, receive good. Do bad, receive bad.

So, if you say "society deserves" to have the virus mutating because perhaps 1/4 of the "society" doesn't get vaccinated (and perhaps other reasons you did not mention), it means the society is guilty and deserving of more sickness and death. Do bad, receive bad.

Reactions: nynole1
I see those many reasons, too. But I'm consistently hearing that's the goal of the Biden administration, anyway. Perhaps mask mandates will go away in time for the midterm elections. :rolleyes:
Like that matters lol

After a little internal debating with myself I got my 2nd shot last Friday. Had a hard day of cleanup of my shop planned for Saturday. That did not happen. A little headache all day and some balance issues when picking up heavy items. Wife ran a low grade fever Saturday afternoon but we were both totally fine by Sunday.

My wife and I had our second Moderna shot two weeks ago. Had heard it was a good idea to drink plenty of water before and after any shot, and did so. I had no reactions at all. Wife had a little soreness in her arm for a day and was tired the day she got the shot. Overall, it was a breeze.
thanks, similar here. Both had sore arms (no biggee at all) for a day, the next day the wife was fine, and I felt like I had a VERY mild case of the flu, just tired and a bit 'achy' but I felt fine by dinner time. So it worked out well.

Reactions: ChiefWB
Which part doesn't matter? The admin goal? Wearing masks throughout 2022? Masks coming off before midterms?
Without getting the thread locked, I don't think masks will affect the midterm elections, they have bigger threats.

The definition of justice is simply "getting what you deserve." Do good, receive good. Do bad, receive bad.

So, if you say "society deserves" to have the virus mutating because perhaps 1/4 of the "society" doesn't get vaccinated (and perhaps other reasons you did not mention), it means the society is guilty and deserving of more sickness and death. Do bad, receive bad.
yes, that’s what I’m saying. If we have enough people who allow this virus to linger around and potentially mutate to the point where vaccines are no longer very effective we, as a society, will get what we deserve with a longer pandemic. This should be over by June/July. I hope young people go get their vaccine to make that possible.

COVID Hospitalizations in Florida for persons 60 and over is down by over 80% since the first of the year.

Ready for this to be over, and the objective data indicates we are moving in the right direction. I think I saw this AM that roughly 25% of the entire U.S. adult population has been vaccinated. That would seemingly include a huge swath of the most "at risk" people. Good news.

Despite the tangible progress, I still perceive some people trying to breathe life into the petering-out pandemic flames. I think they enjoy the drama, or somehow benefit from it. Whatever. Let's return to normalcy sooner instead of later.

Went to Rosa's tonight for dinner with my Corvette gang. The mask request signs are gone. Was nice to just go in, order our food and go sit down.
This restaurant is not typically crowded on a Wednesday night. Restaurant staff was wearing masks.

I was okay until about two hours ago. I now have a fever, chills, body aches, and a headache. Very tired.
Not severe but annoying.
It kinda sounds like a hangover. Did one party and frolic too much throughout the Jacksonville night? Asking for a friend.

Ready for this to be over, and the objective data indicates we are moving in the right direction. I think I saw this AM that roughly 25% of the entire U.S. adult population has been vaccinated. That would seemingly include a huge swath of the most "at risk" people. Good news.

Despite the tangible progress, I still perceive some people trying to breathe life into the petering-out pandemic flames. I think they enjoy the drama, or somehow benefit from it. Whatever. Let's return to normalcy sooner instead of later.
Thank you for your deep keen insight in regards to an ongoing pandemic. And let's get to normalcy shall we?

Reactions: 89nole

I don’t want this to be political AT ALL, but #1 culprit of this is CNN. A typical CNN headline will be “COVID cases at lowest point in months... but experts worry another surge could still happen”. I’d LOVE to know how much their website traffic has increased over the last year.

I don’t want this to be political AT ALL, but #1 culprit of this is CNN. A typical CNN headline will be “COVID cases at lowest point in months... but experts worry another surge could still happen”. I’d LOVE to know how much their website traffic has increased over the last year.
It's not so different on local late news.
Florida was routinely getting around 7,000 new positives daily and now we are down in the 4K range. And people don't think beyond the number - many of those people have very mild cases, and 98% of them are recovering easily and rapidly.
I think it's hard for all the channels to climb off that "ledge". It's a "you go and then I'll go" mentality.
As always it's up to each of us to give it some critical thought and "ask the next question".

Florida was routinely getting around 7,000 new positives daily and now we are down in the 4K range. And people don't think beyond the number - many of those people have very mild cases, and 98% of them are recovering easily and rapidly.
I think it's hard for all the channels to climb off that "ledge". It's a "you go and then I'll go" mentality.
As always it's up to each of us to give it some critical thought and "ask the next question".

^^^^Today, “local news” is on the air about ~6 hours a day: 4:30-7:00 in the AM; noon to 1:00 PM; 4:30-6:30 PM, and then 11:00-11:30 PM (some even squeezing in a 10:00-10:30 slot too). Most communities just don’t have that much “news” on a consistent basis. So, to fill the void, they manufacture some of it, or run lots of fluff or otherwise absurd pieces.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
I think it is clear no one (media, government, medical community) had a good exit strategy for any of this.....

I want to like this 100x. All I will add is they have a captive audience with the plethora of things that have gone on in the last 12 months. Judging by their dedication to trying to create the stories rather than reporting them, they have no intention of letting up anytime soon. Big freaking business. Lots of ad money at stake.

For me it is clear. Don’t trust the media. Eleven months ago Dr Sanjay Gupta on CNN was telling us to wash our groceries when we had them delivered because going to the grocery would likely cost us our lives.

Agreed, we were told lots of things in the past twelve months....some from experts, some not so much....my unscientific opinion is none of them had a frickin’ clue.....total shart show....top to bottom.

Agreed, we were told lots of things in the past twelve months....some from experts, some not so much....my unscientific opinion is none of them had a frickin’ clue.....total shart show....top to bottom.
Viruses, pandemics etc have a history. For some reason “we” decided to attempt to reinvent the wheel. If anything positive is coming out of this awful situation, is we are not all trusting rubes that we were last spring. Most of us have been educated far more than we ever wanted.

Pfizer-BioNTech shot number 1 slated for Tuesday at 8am in Snyder Park in Fort Lauderdale. I am ready...I mean really ready. I’ll follow up with any post injection notes of interest.

Lots of people in the media will miss this thing. It's been 12-straight months (and counting) of drama, controversy, etc., etc. You can just feel the let-down when some of them talk about deaths decreasing, hospitalizations waning, businesses rebounding, etc., etc. Keeping people scared -- or at least uncertain -- helps drive ratings, etc. It's basically like the exaggerated hurricane coverage, only a different subject matter.

I'm all for critical thought. I think it may improve my ability for keener insight and invaluable retrospection during critical times i.e. when I'm on a proverbial "ledge" asking myself what the next question is..... Do you get my drift? :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT