ADVERTISEMENT

Did you get vaccinated yet?

Why are you pulling articles from a year ago? If he was still telling people to do that then you would have a point. There were some preliminary studies showing that it may stay on surfaces for days at a time and you should wipe stuff down just in case. It's literally just recommendations to decrease potential exposure until more data comes out.
We were taken for a ride and you are defending the drivers. Airborne coronavirus has been around for decades. It wasn’t simple enough to tell us to mask up, wash hands and refrain from gathering in large groups. So they boogie man’d us with terms like “novel” and “variant”. If the scientists had led with science, at least here in the United States, the results would have been much closer to Asia where they weren’t reinventing the wheel.
And I will expect a response from you but I think we should end it there. I’ve hijacked this thread and don’t want it to lose its original intent. Stay safe and I appreciate your candor.

We were taken for a ride and you are defending the drivers. Airborne coronavirus has been around for decades. It wasn’t simple enough to tell us to mask up, wash hands and refrain from gathering in large groups. So they boogie man’d us with terms like “novel” and “variant”. If the scientists had led with science, at least here in the United States, the results would have been much closer to Asia where they weren’t reinventing the wheel.
And I will expect a response from you but I think we should end it there. I’ve hijacked this thread and don’t want it to lose its original intent. Stay safe and I appreciate your candor.
I mostly agree with this. Even a year ago my BS detector was all over this notion of wiping everything down. While COVID is a new virus it was in the coronavirus family which are well known. It’s obviously slightly different but to think it was being transmitted on surfaces easily never passed the sniff test for me. It was always as simple as just not being in large groups of people and especially not inside. It’s crazy thinking back a year ago the beaches were closed, parks were closed, the pool in my condo was closed. All of it was completely stupid.

I'm not sure what "taken for a ride" means. Every single doctor makes recommendations based on past experience and available data. Their job is to make sure no additional harm comes to their patient or the American populace. If there is not enough data to know something for certain they'll be aggressive with their recommendations just in case, which is what happened here.

I also don't know what you mean with Asia not reinventing the wheel. Asia has worn masks all the time for years because of respiratory disease and pollution. China was quarantining entire cities for a handful of cases. South Korea was temperature checking everyone walking into any buildings. Asian countries did not all have the same response. America's response was rather timid in comparison to a lot of them.

Not buying it for a second. I watched the authority of infectious disease in this country look into the camera and tell us that “masks wouldn’t make a difference” last spring. Then 180 and blame it on the inventory we had of available masks. Very little of the last year has been about science. If it had, the road map was there. We chose to recreate the wheel.

^^^^^THIS. The "authorities" have literally touched every base on this thing -- routinely contradicting themselves all along the way -- and leaving the masses either (a) legitimately confused, and/or (b) increasingly leery of everything they hear or read. And then the media spins things in their preferred direction(s) de jour, leading to more chaos, drama, uncertainty and resentment.

I live in Winter Park (near Orlando). Last week the local media gushed that local airport traffic was experiencing a huge $pring re$urgence, and that theme park$ were $ure to benefit. Smiles and upbeat messaging all around. "Isn't it great, Martha??" Then the news-reader immediately transitioned into a somber message that families should still have very small family gatherings for Easter to "help stop the spread." LOL. Completely oblivious to the obvious inconsistency.

Now that the shelves are full of products for that, they tell us that wiping everything down isn’t really necessary because the chances of infection via surfaces is extremely remote.
I think that at first they cautioned us to be afraid of everything because they didn’t know what else to do.
Here! Here! This is Dr. Phil Good and I agree with this message. Are you gonna eat that?

If I were elderly and part of the higher risk groups, I'd probably go and get this experimental mRNA vaccine. Yes, it is still an experimental vaccine. Only approved under FDA Emergency Use Authorization. Needs two years before full FDA approval. But since I'm not elderly, and the survival rate for COVID is 99.8%, I'm going to wait for the longitudinal safety studies which are currently playing out with millions of people getting these vaccines across the globe right now. I've received all my childhood vaccines and I've gotten the FLU vaccine every year for the past decade. Then again those vaccines have over 75+ years of longitudinal studies for safety and efficacy. So, I'm definitely not an anti-vaxxer.

What's more important is that you're not Vitamin D deficient or obese. Over 80% of those hospitalized for COVID are obese. The overwhelming majority of people that have been hospitalized or who have died from COVID are also severely Vitamin D deficient.

If I were older and fell into one of the high risk groups, I'd probably roll the dice and get the vaccine before we have any longitudinal data. Everyone needs to weigh the risk factors for themselves like we do everyday of our lives in everything else that we do and choose what's right for them.

Vitamin D and COVID 19: The Evidence for Prevention and Treatment of Coronavirus (SARS CoV 2)

Last edited:
If I were elderly and part of the higher risk groups, I'd probably go and get this experimental mRNA vaccine. Yes, it is still an experimental vaccine. Only approved under FDA Emergency Use Authorization. Needs two years before full FDA approval. But since I'm not elderly, and the survival rate for COVID is 99.8%, I'm going to wait for the longitudinal safety studies which are currently playing out with millions of people getting these vaccines across the globe right now. I've received all my childhood vaccines and I've gotten the FLU vaccine every year for the past decade. Then again those vaccines have over 75+ years of longitudinal studies for safety and efficacy. So, I'm definitely not an anti-vaxxer.

What's more important is that you're not Vitamin D deficient or obese. Over 80% of those hospitalized for COVID are obese. The overwhelming majority of people that have been hospitalized or who have died from COVID are also severely Vitamin D deficient.

If I were older and fell into one of the high risk groups, I'd probably roll the dice and get the vaccine before we have any longitudinal data. Everyone needs to weigh the risk factors for themselves like we do everyday of our lives in everything else that we do and choose what's right for them.

Vitamin D and COVID 19: The Evidence for Prevention and Treatment of Coronavirus (SARS CoV 2)
Well if we all go "I am Legend" then you out of luck anyway.

Then why not get the J&J? I just haven’t heard a single legitimate scientist express real concern over the safety of mRNA. I think concerns are based on Sci Fi as if the mRNA is going to mutate all of us into zombies or somehow give everyone cancer. It’s just not how it works. My brother has a PhD in genetics and has studied viruses his entire career, he dismissed every concern I had that felt legit and smart to me.

Then why not get the J&J? I just haven’t heard a single legitimate scientist express real concern over the safety of mRNA. I think concerns are based on Sci Fi as if the mRNA is going to mutate all of us into zombies or somehow give everyone cancer. It’s just not how it works. My brother has a PhD in genetics and has studied viruses his entire career, he dismissed every concern I had that felt legit and smart to me.

That's great, then your PhD brother should very well know about longitudinal studies and obviously there hasn't been enough time yet to get such information. He should also know about VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System - USA) and EUDRAVigilance (European Data).

But, we are beginning to see some things happening:

EMA Official Links AstraZeneca Vaccine And Thrombosis

NIH begins study of allergic reactions to Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines

The European Medicines Agency has just admitted the obvious: The Astra Zeneca
vaccine causes blood disorders. They’d better explain why it’s not a class effect. Because both the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and the mRNA vaccines have MANY similar reports in VAERS and EUDRA.

You do you and listen to who you want to. I'll do me and wait for the longitudinal studies before I get a jab.

That's great, then your PhD brother should very well know about longitudinal studies and obviously there hasn't been enough time yet to get such information. He should also know about VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System - USA) and EUDRAVigilance (European Data).

NIH begins study of allergic reactions to Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines

vaccine causes blood disorders. They’d better explain why it’s not a class effect. Because both the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and the mRNA vaccines have MANY similar reports in VAERS and EUDRA.

You do you and listen to who you want to. I'll do me and wait for the longitudinal studies before I get a jab.
Things are starting to happen? So there’s a study about whether there are a small group of people with known incidences of strong allergic reaction may react to the vaccine? And AZ isn’t even being used in the US so where’s the relevance there? Show me some reports that blood clots are shown in the US because VAERS isn’t a relevant source because it’s not research. Literally just data accumulation.

You do you and I'll do me. Feel free to put something in your body that has zero longitudinal studies for a virus with a greater than 99.8% survival rate. Again, if I was elderly, obese, had comorbidities that place me at a higher risk, I'd probably go get the shot. But I don't fall into any of those categories, so I'll wait for the longitudinal studies

Just FYI, VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) is literally the ONLY source in the United States for collecting post vaccine data regardless of it's weaknesses.

Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

VAERS accepts reports of adverse events and reactions that occur following vaccination. Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to the system. While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.

The strengths of VAERS are that it is national in scope and can quickly provide an early warning of a safety problem with a vaccine. As part of CDC and FDA’s multi-system approach to post-licensure vaccine safety monitoring, VAERS is designed to rapidly detect unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse events, also known as “safety signals.” If a safety signal is found in VAERS, further studies can be done in safety systems such as the CDC’s Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) or the Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment (CISA) project. These systems do not have the same scientific limitations as VAERS, and can better assess health risks and possible connections between adverse events and a vaccine.

Key considerations and limitations of VAERS data:

• Vaccine providers are encouraged to report any clinically significant health problem following vaccination to VAERS, whether or not they believe the vaccine was the cause.
  • Reports may include incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental and unverified information.
  • The number of reports alone cannot be interpreted or used to reach conclusions about the existence, severity, frequency, or rates of problems associated with vaccines.
  • VAERS data is limited to vaccine adverse event reports received between 1990 and the most recent date for which data are available.
  • VAERS data do not represent all known safety information for a vaccine and should be interpreted in the context of other scientific information.

Agree. mRNA vaccines are not brand new.

You do you and I'll do me. Feel free to put something in your body that has zero longitudinal studies for a virus with a greater than 99.8% survival rate. Again, if I was elderly, obese, had comorbidities that place me at a higher risk, I'd probably go get the shot. But I don't fall into any of those categories, so I'll wait for the longitudinal studies

Just FYI, VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) is literally the ONLY source in the United States for collecting post vaccine data regardless of it's weaknesses.

Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

VAERS accepts reports of adverse events and reactions that occur following vaccination. Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to the system. While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.

The strengths of VAERS are that it is national in scope and can quickly provide an early warning of a safety problem with a vaccine. As part of CDC and FDA’s multi-system approach to post-licensure vaccine safety monitoring, VAERS is designed to rapidly detect unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse events, also known as “safety signals.” If a safety signal is found in VAERS, further studies can be done in safety systems such as the CDC’s Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) or the Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment (CISA) project. These systems do not have the same scientific limitations as VAERS, and can better assess health risks and possible connections between adverse events and a vaccine.

Key considerations and limitations of VAERS data:

• Vaccine providers are encouraged to report any clinically significant health problem following vaccination to VAERS, whether or not they believe the vaccine was the cause.
  • Reports may include incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental and unverified information.
  • The number of reports alone cannot be interpreted or used to reach conclusions about the existence, severity, frequency, or rates of problems associated with vaccines.
  • VAERS data is limited to vaccine adverse event reports received between 1990 and the most recent date for which data are available.
  • VAERS data do not represent all known safety information for a vaccine and should be interpreted in the context of other scientific information.

I truly believe your first sentence in this post was/is the mic drop moment. I’m vaccinated, you’re not, we both made very personal decisions, and it ends there. I choose to drink beer with the absolute knowledge that over time, it is bad for me, but it’s my choice. Some people choose to do drugs (some legal, some not) , overeat, smoke, binge drink....all of which are their personal choices, and I have no business trying to alter their decision making. As long as what they choose to do doesn’t impact my life, I don’t give a 💩 that they are playing with fire....live and let live, do no harm.

People with strong allergic reactions can have a reaction to any vaccine. Anyone with allergies is cautioned before taking any vaccines.

Reactions: goldmom
I truly believe your first sentence in this post was/is the mic drop moment. I’m vaccinated, you’re not, we both made very personal decisions, and it ends there. I choose to drink beer with the absolute knowledge that over time, it is bad for me, but it’s my choice. Some people choose to do drugs (some legal, some not) , overeat, smoke, binge drink....all of which are their personal choices, and I have no business trying to alter their decision making. As long as what they choose to do doesn’t impact my life, I don’t give a 💩 that they are playing with fire....live and let live, do no harm.

Amen! Educate yourself and do what you believe to be best for you. I'm fortunate in that I'm relatively young (49), healthy, and I try and stay fit and eat right. Those are the choices I've decided to make for myself and my family. I'd never dictate what someone else decides to put into their body.

If I was forced to get a vaccine for COVID-19, I'd wait and get the Novavax Vaccine which is currently in stage 3 clinical trials. This is a protein based vaccine that builds upon the technology that is currently used in Flu vaccines:

How the Novavax Covid-19 vaccine works

Novavax recently completed its final analyses and will seek FDA and international approval in the coming weeks.

Scalp I'm curious, if/when you are exposed to Covid would you take the monoclonal antibody treatment?

Just got the J&J shot this morning. So far so good. Wife got 1st Moderna one yesterday and she had a rough night. Fever, chills, body aches and restlessness. Feels better today though. I've never had a flu shot or anything but my kids kept urging me to get it even though I'm healthy and 43.

My husband got the Moderna 4 weeks ago, his first, and had a severe reaction. He had a massive headache, chills, fever, body aches that lasted 4 days. He ended up going to the ER to make sure that something wasn’t wrong. The ER doctor told him that he most likely had it recently and had antibodies that triggered a big reaction. We still aren’t sure when he had it because I didn’t get it and neither did our 2 kids.

My husband got the Moderna 4 weeks ago, his first, and had a severe reaction. He had a massive headache, chills, fever, body aches that lasted 4 days. He ended up going to the ER to make sure that something wasn’t wrong. The ER doctor told him that he most likely had it recently and had antibodies that triggered a big reaction. We still aren’t sure when he had it because I didn’t get it and neither did our 2 kids.
Did they advise him to put off his second dose? Hope he is feeling better.

He is, came home after the ER and rested and felt better.
Did they advise him to put off his second dose? Hope he is feeling better.
He is, he had to take the day off after the ER. Is it but he felt fine after that. Yes they did tell him to wait a bit to get the second shot.

Reactions: ChiefWB
^^^””Stay in your lane” applies to so many things.

I'm pleased my son, daughter and son-in-law received their first Pfzier shot yesterday at the Leon Co Health Dept. They said there must have been 1,000 cars cued up but it was well organized and the process was completed in an hour.

Thank you to the health dept, fire dept and national guard employees who were out there on a stormy Saturday helping people.

Wife got the Moderna. Nothing from the first jab, but mild fever and tiredness for a day after the second. My college son works at a grocery store so he was eligible and got the J&J. Had fever, headache and a couple chills for a day then was fine. I and my daughter are pre-registered but have not gotten them yet.

How about this Chinese official saying the Chinese-made vaccines are not very effective? Watch him turn up missing....

Link

Great. Now J&J suspended bc they’ve had 6 cases of blood clots. And this is how the pandemic sticks around thru the summer.

Great. Now J&J suspended bc they’ve had 6 cases of blood clots. And this is how the pandemic sticks around thru the summer.
Out of one million doses. Plus the cases (maybe more than six, btw) mostly were women between 18-40 who may have been on birth control pills which are already a (low)risk factor for blood clots.
This will feed the nutty anti-vax crew and their paranoia. It will be pushed by the media, because NEWS CYCLE PREVAILS!

I got the Pfizer, and aside from the chip beeping now and then there's not a problem...😎

If the FDA wants to put a hold on J&J for six cases, that's crazy. But if you buy into the political aspect of the vaccine, what motivation would this administration have for doing that? Is it possible that where there is smoke, there is fire?

Out of one million doses. Plus the cases (maybe more than six, btw) mostly were women between 18-40 who may have been on birth control pills which are already a (low)risk factor for blood clots.
This will feed the nutty anti-vax crew and their paranoia. It will be pushed by the media, because NEWS CYCLE PREVAILS!

I got the Pfizer, and aside from the chip beeping now and then there's not a problem...😎

It would be interesting to see if the blood case incidents with AstraZeneca in Europe were in this same subset/age group....seems like a pretty quick correction/redirection could be made in this case. My Pfizer chip is eerily silent, I may need to get it checked out. I’ll fill you in later...

Update....I had it on vibrate...all good now. :D

Last edited:
If the FDA wants to put a hold on J&J for six cases, that's crazy. But if you buy into the political aspect of the vaccine, what motivation would this administration have for doing that? Is it possible that where there is smoke, there is fire?
They paused AstraZeneca in Europe briefly with similar issues, but I believe they are back on track.

Last edited:
Reactions: nynole1
It’s definitely good news that it’s all in one subset of the population if that’s indeed the case. But either way this is going to slow us down at best and at worst more younger people will choose to not get it at all.

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot 2 weeks ago. Just a little tired the next day or two. Wife got the chills, vomiting, and felt lousy for about 2 days, but now is good to go. I feel much safer now that I have it. Hopefully the microchip will get me better cell-phone reception too.

Reactions: FSUDoles

The media loves/loves/loves to stir the pot, and they will surely stir this one. COVID-19 created a huge amount of easy content for the media: illnesses; deaths; unemployment; government bailouts; educational disruption; mask controversies; "shortages" of all descriptions; cancelled weddings; delayed funerals; political strife; blah-blah-blah. You think those guys want to see this thing go away??? LOL. It's been like a Cat-5 hurricane that lasted for 13 straight months....so, yeah, they are happy to blow things WAY out of context.

As of the other day it was about 5 million doses. My wife and I have both received J&J. She had a bad night but was fine the next day. No issues for me. Agree it will put doubt in some people's minds.

I don't think the current J&J issue will change many peoples minds one way or the other.

Reactions: 89nole

Thank you for deciding to potentially expose my children to this virus. It's great how you are freeloading on others who are getting the vaccine without care for others who are unable to do the right thing.

• Haha
2nd Pfizer dose today at lunch. Feel pretty tired. Run down. Hoping a good night sleep and maybe a win over the gators in baseball will make me feel better. Glad it is done though. I can get back to being reckless. 😂

2nd Pfizer dose today at lunch. Feel pretty tired. Run down. Hoping a good night sleep and maybe a win over the gators in baseball will make me feel better. Glad it is done though. I can get back to being reckless. 😂

Congrats! Feel better.

Reactions: ChiefWB
Going for my second Pfizer at 1120a today. Have a pretty full day and my wife is recovering from her second dose yesterday, so I need to hold on til bed time LOL. She felt a little funny right after but powered through the day and went to bed early. She woke up feeling pretty down today and is staying in bed. Not feverish I don't think, but low blood pressure, just hard to stay upright.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT