ADVERTISEMENT

Fear the Walking Dead

The lack of understanding of what to do Snd how to act is maddening.

I think if there's ever even a sniff of a real zombie apocalypse people will be out whacking anyone with so much as a sniffle. Like Monty Python and the Holy Grail ..."I'm not dead yet, I think I'm getting bette..." BLAM!!!

Chris walking into the fuselage was so classically dumb, in the horror movie sense. Obviously you wouldn't dare set foot in an enclosed space where you may be eaten in real life.

And Nick falling down into the crab-walker...c'mon. That was almost a slapstick, banana peel sort of slip and fall.

My wife and I are growing tired of the show as well, just hoping it picks up. We feel the same about the dumb decisions, especially the plane and crab pit. We just sit there, and are like....
image.png

Strand is great. Awesome that he cut the raft loose. That girl was trouble. Sure hope he doesn't die because of the continued stupidity of the kids.

Curious where he really has them heading.

My only issue is they made the tailies a focus since they're the star of the web series and then they get a grand total of five minutes of airtime. Kind of like a horrible joke.

This show is increasingly boring. I feel like they squandered an excellent chance to make things interesting when they left the ranger island in the last episode. Everything is just stupid and I agree with posters who laugh at the crab pit scene. How about when the junkie finds the bag full of medicine and instead of just picking up the bag, he starts taking the shit out.
There is also no way that the group would not have been overrun on the beach when faced with all those walkers. The only good characters are Strand and the old Spanish dude, everyone else can die already.

It's B movie dumb and very disappointed in how the series is progressing. Too many teens - need to kill one of them off to toughen up the others.
It's not just the teens - some main characters need to go ASAP. Killing off people that we meet in the same episode isn't going to cut it anymore. We'll probably have to wait until they get to shore and meet up with some replacement characters to move forward with though.

Every time one of the teens walks off I said, man I hope they die. Every. Time.

Same here. I'm hoping for a teen holocaust in the near future.

I was actually hoping a bunch of tailies were going to fill the slots of the current cast after they bit it.

I enjoyed how slow the first season was. The journey was part of the entertainment. This slow, dawning realization that the old world and rules may no longer be safe. I agree with the above, they could have started with some First responder stories. Watching the hospitals fall (forget which episode they took the wife to, and the cops were already there shooting patients in the parking lot).

Madison refusing to accept the new world order and wanting to help everyone gets so old. You gotta get your own situation stable before you try to save the world. But I suppose that is how some bleeding hearts would be, until they get eaten and learn to mind their own.

Maybe if the first teen gets eaten, the rest will learn.

Interesting episode. Making more sense now. But kinda hard to believe Connor has put together a functional seafaring gang in just a few days.

Alicia looking good...

I didn't hate last nights episode. I think Strand jumped shipped to buy every one time. If they could immediately start the boat, Nick couldn't get back with The Mexican guy. I don't think he anticipated having the boat shot up and struggling to to stay afloat and close enough to be found though.

Too many tied up people threatening their armed captors for my taste. Someone should've pulled a Negan.

I'm still not clear on Strand's plan - his buddy said that he only arranged passage for two, is that him and Strand or Nick and Strand? They were communicating since our main characters got on board, so Strand must've had something in mind to deal with them. Was he even going to take his boat thru the flotilla or switch to something else? If the latter, maybe he was just abandoning them a little earlier than scheduled.

It did bother me with the lack of Walkers, especially at the beach encampment that Nick swam up too.

The most anticipated background story ,Strand, of this show was a huge let down for me.

Reactions: nynole1
It's been what 2 weeks since all this started and we have organized groups of rogues with scouts and everyone has completely lost their humanity. I'm sorry the timeline doesn't fit. The show is Sharknado with Zombies except it doesn't embrace the fact that it is terrible.

Reactions: csklad
Too many tied up people threatening their armed captors for my taste. Someone should've pulled a Negan.

I'm still not clear on Strand's plan - his buddy said that he only arranged passage for two, is that him and Strand or Nick and Strand? They were communicating since our main characters got on board, so Strand must've had something in mind to deal with them. Was he even going to take his boat thru the flotilla or switch to something else? If the latter, maybe he was just abandoning them a little earlier than scheduled.
I also cannot figure out why they didn't go try to get the key from Strand while he was floating nearby and clinging to a sinking life boat.

TC, how long do you give this show before you bail? I am willing to commit to the rest of the season with the hope it gets better.

at the end when Strand was about to let go, and was in trouble, I was thinking he must be very far from the boat. Then they panned up and damnit the boat was right freaking there!!

Nick is going to become the Alpha in the group. He already has the camouflage part down to walk with the dead and killing zombies. Travis is just a total waste except for fixing the boat now his true calling on the show I guess.

Better episode
Nick seems to be stepping up and taking the lead
Daniel and Madison are pretty solid.
Chris is worthless and Travis slightly less so.
Alicia looks really, really put together for living on a boat in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

Reactions: dmm5157
Chris is quickly becoming my most hated character. From either show. It's going to be hard to top Lori, but he's trending in the right direction.

Daniel hearing voices? Well ok then.

At some point Nick has to stand up to Madison. He seems to be one of the people that can handle his stuff...well until he comes across a bottle of oxy.

Shut up Travis...clap clap clap clap

The worst episode of game of Thrones is better than the best episode of this show.

True but that could be said of a LOT of shows. All but maybe the top 10 or so shows on to. And Fear doesn't make my top 10 shows. Not when you've got Banshee, the Americans, the Expanse, Vikings, Fargo, Man in High Castle, Daredevil, Homeland, Jessica Jones, the original Walking Dead and a lot more. And that's just the dramas.

This show is dog shit. The scene with Travis headbutting a guy running at him while one Walker slowly eqta the "bad guy" was one of the dumbest things I've seen on TV. Committed to the show through end of September ason but its not looking like a keeper.

I find it amusing how many just totally dismiss this show as bad. I agree it isn't the best out there, but in the last 10 years, zombie entertainment has come so far. 80s had some upticks 90s had some quality stuff but TWD has really set the bar high. Not everything will hit that high level mark. Compared to zombie stuff in the past, this show is still pretty damn good.

Real Housewives of ___, storage wars, pawnshop; most "reality tv", thats crap tv. Fear is great compared to that crap and okay at worst. I support by watching cause its still better than a lot of scripted shows, and I just like zombie. Haven't really watched izombie, but the one I watched it was a bit too teenybopper for me.

Reactions: rjstf
Funk, Cant argue that zombie genre is improved (although its been better for longer than 10 years, see 28 Days Later). Having said that, those who are critical of the show compare it to the other top notch dramas available today and this just doesn't match up.

Yep, I get that nynole. I agree Fear doesn't compare to top notch dramas or even TWD. I don't think I expected it to, so think that calling it crap is an overstatement. Its "pretty good" entertainment. I'd say it falls into the top 15% of tv right now. Don't know if that means most tv sucks, or I over value or both. But top 15% is still pretty good. If a zombie show even tries to be legit and not kitschy, I am a fan. See "In the flesh" and "Survivors" (apocalypse but close). edit Im on the fence on ZNation.

28 days later was 2002, so yes, longer, but not by much. I sort of consider 28 Days Later was the benchmark for the genre getting over the hump. Looking at the wiki, sorted by year, plenty of bad ones still being made, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_films but the "good ones" are actually becoming quality movies now. Back in the 80s and 90s, not so much. I don't think I agree with Resident Evil or Doom being in the Zombie movie category, but they are listed.

Yep, I get that nynole. I agree Fear doesn't compare to top notch dramas or even TWD. I don't think I expected it to, so think that calling it crap is an overstatement. Its "pretty good" entertainment. I'd say it falls into the top 15% of tv right now. Don't know if that means most tv sucks, or I over value or both. But top 15% is still pretty good. If a zombie show even tries to be legit and not kitschy, I am a fan. See "In the flesh" and "Survivors" (apocalypse but close). edit Im on the fence on ZNation.

28 days later was 2002, so yes, longer, but not by much. I sort of consider 28 Days Later was the benchmark for the genre getting over the hump. Looking at the wiki, sorted by year, plenty of bad ones still being made, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_films but the "good ones" are actually becoming quality movies now. Back in the 80s and 90s, not so much. I don't think I agree with Resident Evil or Doom being in the Zombie movie category, but they are listed.

In looking at that list, it just confirms my opinion that 99% of zombie movies and shows are lazy garbage. I agree with you that Fear is NOT garbage, it's....okay. And most zombie related things are NOT ok. I absolutely hated Z Nation, but iZombie is aight.

I'd say movies and shows on par with or better than the original Walking Dead from that list are limited to the following in no particular order:

Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Night of the Living Dead (original)
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead
Army of Darkness
Evil Dead 2
Return of the Living Dead
Zombi 2
Deadgirl
Rec (although more demon possessed than true zombies but its on the list)
Carnival of Souls

And shows and movies that aren't up to the level of Walking Dead but better or equal to Fear the Walking Dead are in no particular order:

Zombieland
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Night of the Living Dead (remake)
28 Weeks Later
Evil Dead
The Beyond
Day of the Dead (original)
Brain Dead/Dead Alive
Dead and Buried
iZombie
Deathdream
Fido
WWZ
I Am Legend
Quarantine
Warm Bodies
White Zombie

So that's maybe 5% of the available zombie movies.

Last edited:
Man, you guys really are bigger zombie fans than I am clearly. There is no way that if I made a list right now could I put this show in my top 15% of dramas, but that's all one person's opinion I guess.

Reactions: LesClaypool
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT