ADVERTISEMENT

Finally, the job hunt is over

He's good at sales, bad at interviews.

He required a retainer.

good-will-hunting-favorite-scene-5.jpg

I applied for several jobs and always lost out in the end to someone else. Plus, the bad economy didn't help.
Congrats. I know the feeling. I was out 10 1/2 months. Was down to me and one other several times. Being 63 didn't help.

Congrats. I know the feeling. I was out 10 1/2 months. Was down to me and one other several times. Being 63 didn't help.

Thanks, I was working at Lowes in a store sales position full time, the money just sucked. But it was an income, some people didnt have that so I was greatful.

Reactions: ncnole1975
I applied for several jobs and always lost out in the end to someone else. Plus, the bad economy didn't help.
Damn...I'm currently looking as well, so I was curious.

Sounds like a great gig. Congrats and good luck! You will do great!

Thanks, I was working at Lowes in a store sales position full time, the money just sucked. But it was an income, some people didnt have that so I was greatful.

Congrats on the job! Btw, I did the same thing earlier this year with Lowe's. It was better than sitting at home. Also, I had an opportunity to do some weather in Birmingham for about 3-4 months which just ended a few weeks ago. Back to looking again.

Congrats on the job! Btw, I did the same thing earlier this year with Lowe's. It was better than sitting at home. Also, I had an opportunity to do some weather in Birmingham for about 3-4 months which just ended a few weeks ago. Back to looking again.
And now we have a ChimpNole sighting. It's been like Old Home Week.

Keep pressing on brother. I applied for several jobs, had many interviews, and several of those it was down to me and one other. I was ready to just give up. I applied for my current position a couple of months ago and didn't think I would get it so I went and got a part time gig at Academy Sports. I got my training done and worked one shift, and got the call for my new position. Funny how that works. Keep on keeping on. You'll get something, and it will probably happen when you least expect it. Like I said earlier, it took me about two years.

What are you looking to move in to DanCer?

Sales or management. I have done both and enjoy both when it's the right company and situation.

I'm pushing hard at getting a gig doing software sales. I was down to the final 2 people for a great company last month. They went with the other candidate. They said the other person had more experience and was equally as likable...so they got the nod.

What hurts is that I passed up on two offers while in the middle of that process (didn't technically get an offer but was told the job was mine, just had to meet with one other person before offer was made). The reason I backed out was because I just wasn't crazy about the product I would be selling with one, and I wasn't crazy about the company and commission structure with the other. And of course I was really gunning for the job mentioned above.

When I didn't get the job I was really pushing for I immediately started questioning my decision not to keep moving forward with the other two. Time will tell if I look back and regret doing that.

Last edited:
Keep pressing on brother. I applied for several jobs, had many interviews, and several of those it was down to me and one other. I was ready to just give up. I applied for my current position a couple of months ago and didn't think I would get it so I went and got a part time gig at Academy Sports. I got my training done and worked one shift, and got the call for my new position. Funny how that works. Keep on keeping on. You'll get something, and it will probably happen when you least expect it. Like I said earlier, it took me about two years.

Thanks 1728. I have been out of full time work for over six years. I've had three freelance weather jobs but that's it. That's why I did the Lowe's thing. It was better than sitting at home. TV stations ( and private companies ) just don't want to hire older meteorologists unless they have been in that market previously. I have a buddy at IBM. IBM just bought weather.com and other data parts of the weather company. There may be an opportunity to get a job with them again but that will be several months down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT