ADVERTISEMENT

FSU cancels Spring Break for 2021

buckeyenole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2002
Obviously, FSU admin possesses a magic crystal ball enabling them to assess the risks of Covid in Florida more than 6 months from now. Impressive. So Spring football is cancelled again for next year? Fabulous.

FWIW, OSU and some other schools did this a week or two ago. Still.

I don't see how cancelling Spring break means that spring football is cancelled again? The whole point as I understand is they don't want kids going out and partying and bringing the virus back on campus. Spring football should be no different than playing/practicing right now? Following the current protocol they should be able to practice I would think?

Reactions: Warchant1911
Obviously, FSU admin possesses a magic crystal ball enabling them to assess the risks of Covid in Florida more than 6 months from now. Impressive. So Spring football is cancelled again for next year? Fabulous.

FWIW, OSU and some other schools did this a week or two ago. Still.
It's not like this is binding. If things improve, they can simply 'un-cancel' Spring Break.

I think it's good they did this far in advance, so students don't make travel plans, buy plane tickets, etc. that'd be wasted.

If things look good in March, I have little doubt that students can find a way to enjoy SB at the last minute. I know I could've.

Reactions: Hayduke GW
It's not like this is binding. If things improve, they can simply 'un-cancel' Spring Break.

I think it's good they did this far in advance, so students don't make travel plans, buy plane tickets, etc. that'd be wasted.

If things look good in March, I have little doubt that students can find a way to enjoy SB at the last minute. I know I could've.
Things look good now

Cool. Then I'm sure Spring Break will get reinstated if this trend continues. No one wants to be restricted from having fun, regardless of political affiliation.
Not necessarily about missing out on fun but I'm of the opinion we have lots of info now- not all that we need but enough- to start advancing plans with safety precautions and not just canceling everything. I to hope the trend continues and some of these promising therapeutics are released to the public after the 1st of the year.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
Good on them. Let’s hope it is a precaution and things are able to loosen up once the vaccines are rolled out.

I hope you are right. My understanding is they are scheduling classes all through the normal spring break period. I wonder how much lead time they need to reverse that?

I don't see how cancelling Spring break means that spring football is cancelled again? The whole point as I understand is they don't want kids going out and partying and bringing the virus back on campus. Spring football should be no different than playing/practicing right now? Following the current protocol they should be able to practice I would think?
I'm not sure the football team can do Spring Football if the university schedules classes during the normal spring break period. That's my concern. That's what they mean by "cancelling Spring Break."

I'm not sure the football team can do Spring Football if the university schedules classes during the normal spring break period. That's my concern. That's what they mean by "cancelling Spring Break."

Are you under the impression that spring football practice occurs during the week school is off for Spring Break?

Are you under the impression that spring football practice occurs during the week school is off for Spring Break?
That was confusing on my part. I know players take Spring Break on Spring Break, also. But you wouldn't know that by what I just posted. Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: montconole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT