ADVERTISEMENT

Ginnie Springs

Nole-4-Life

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2005
Two shootings, one dead over the long weekend. A group of us used to go every Memorial day weekend back in the 80s and it was so chill. Now it's a shitshow.

I was talking to a cop who was out there and he said people we walking around at 5 a.m. openly drinking out of liquor bottles. Said there was an estimated 30,000 people there. At least 4 DJs were set up blaring "music" at all hours.

Sad. It's privately owned so eventually they'll get sued to normalcy.

I went there for the first time about a month ago and yeah it’s out of control the amount of people they let in. We didn’t have any specific issues but the crowds were outrageous and of course everyone is drinking. Easy to see how something like this could happen. All it takes is for someone to be “disrespected” and combine that with drinking and half the people there probably carrying guns and this is what you get.

I went there for the first time about a month ago and yeah it’s out of control the amount of people they let in. We didn’t have any specific issues but the crowds were outrageous and of course everyone is drinking. Easy to see how something like this could happen. All it takes is for someone to be “disrespected” and combine that with drinking and half the people there probably carrying guns and this is what you get.
Lots of issues with these type things. First is that people are too easily "disrespected". Who cares? People should just learn how to act. Second, crowd control. Less people less problems. Third, you shouldn't be packing and drinking at the same time. I'm not a fan of gun control but If people lack common sense, then exercise some idiot control. Why would you bring a gun to a place you know will have large crowds of drunk people? If you're that concerned don't go.

Two shootings, one dead over the long weekend. A group of us used to go every Memorial day weekend back in the 80s and it was so chill. Now it's a shitshow.

I was talking to a cop who was out there and he said people we walking around at 5 a.m. openly drinking out of liquor bottles. Said there was an estimated 30,000 people there. At least 4 DJs were set up blaring "music" at all hours.

Sad. It's privately owned so eventually they'll get sued to normalcy.
Wow 30,000 x15 a head is $500,000 in a day .. that is a lot of folks .. hope they are keeping the spring clear, protected and clear. went about 30 years ago diving .. was beautiful .. hardly anyone was there

Reactions: billanole
Who owns Ginnie Springs? If it’s a true spring/waterway I thinks it’s interesting that it’s not protected under some of the state and Federal waterways regulations.
Just on those alone it might benefit from a little more oversight since right now it’s attracting a sketchy element.

Reactions: littleitch1
Who owns Ginnie Springs? If it’s a true spring/waterway I thinks it’s interesting that it’s not protected under some of the state and Federal waterways regulations.
Just on those alone it might benefit from a little more oversight since right now it’s attracting a sketchy element.
Not sure but this is happening at other locations as well. I was in Vernon over the weekend and it's the same type of situation with DJ's and tons on drunk people. Years ago, it would be a nice quiet Kayak ride down the creek, now you can't even park. Econfina doesn't seem to have the same issues so I'm guessing it's a landowner issue vs State Park regulation.

Not sure but this is happening at other locations as well. I was in Vernon over the weekend and it's the same type of situation with DJ's and tons on drunk people. Years ago, it would be a nice quiet Kayak ride down the creek, now you can't even park. Econfina doesn't seem to have the same issues so I'm guessing it's a landowner issue vs State Park regulation.
Agreed...private vs public owned. Blue Springs park right down the road from Ginnie doesn't have this issue.

News showed the picture of the two arrested.
I’d say they were from the shallow end of the gene pool but that would insult the pool.
Yikes. Looks like the one doctoral candidate has a eye tag from a previous engagement. Maybe he got mad that he got popped and came back for revenge. Smart. Now he can spend the rest of his life getting something else popped.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT