ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey is back 2017-2018 !!!

I haven't been on here in a awhile. Bolts are really struggling. I really can pinpoint whether they are tired, complacent, or teams have really figured them out. D looks like a sieve right now, Vasilevskiy looks slow, and offense struggling to find that groove. All the while, Boston kept winning with many guys on the sideline with injuries. Now the Bolts are likely gonna be facing Toronto in a first round match-up instead of staying on top of division. I will be at game tonight, so it should be interesting to see how Bolts come out of the gate. Also hearing Stammer is day to day after re-aggravating an injury. This is not what we need heading into playoffs!!!

4-0 in which they dominated even more than that!

Reactions: BraveSeminole10
Yes, big win for the Bolts. I know it sounds weird describing a team with 110 points as playing with their backs to the wall but they were. The Bruins certainly could have used it, but the Bolts needed it more. The Bruins have their destiny in their hands but don't have it easy playing 4 games in six days. The injuries continue to plague them, they get McAvoy and Chara back but now lose Carlo for the season.

Analysts trashing the Penguins chances, I honestly wonder if they watch any hockey? Regular season and injuries are why Pens show up in playoffs and the Capitals tease their fans. Its a different season.
Game 1, massacre of Flyers

Analysts trashing the Penguins chances, I honestly wonder if they watch any hockey? Regular season and injuries are why Pens show up in playoffs and the Capitals tease their fans. Its a different season.
Game 1, massacre of Flyers
I'm a Caps fan who has nothing but respect for the Pens. I'm just very glad we dodged them in the 1st round.

Opening round has a few surprises, Sharks looking dominant over Ducks and Knights with a 3-0 lead over Kings. Bruins and Bolts series are pretty much where I thought they would be, although either team could easily be up 3-0. I think both teams are relieved they had the four day break to unwind from a tough race to the regular season finish. Flyers, Pens has been the most disappointing series, they've been chippy games, but partly because the games have all been blow outs.

Agreed,
Im surprised that fleury hasn’t done his playoff fold yet through 1 round. I figured they’d drop a game or two but i havent seen that series.

Bruins Leafs was a fun game 3 to watch, crazy saves by Leaf goalie in third.

Capitals will be interesting tonight, big win to avoid 3-0 down last outing.

Pens are getting better but can still improve. Game 5 at home they need end it.

Tampa bay is beginning to separate themselves as they did to start the year. Only now they play serious defense and forecheck is really hard. McDonough and Miller trade was a huge upgrade

Pens/Caps game 1 was weird.

I was impressed with Caps comeback in round 1, and with Pens injuries and line shifts i wasn't feel great about game 1. 2 periods in it looked about right. Crazy comeback, Pens stole that one. I'll take it but just an odd game.

Pens/Caps game 1 was weird.

I was impressed with Caps comeback in round 1, and with Pens injuries and line shifts i wasn't feel great about game 1. 2 periods in it looked about right. Crazy comeback, Pens stole that one. I'll take it but just an odd game.
If Arsenal was being Arsenal earlier today, Washington is being Washington now. :mad:

Reactions: seminoleed
Amazing stat so far in the playoffs, the home teams are an abysmal 25-25. All series in this round have been very competitive. The first period of the first game between the Bolts and B's was some of the most exciting hockey I've seen this year.

Last edited:
Taking a guy out at the knees? Be a man hit him straight up. Look the hit on Palat where the bruins knocked him down was perfect! That crap needs to go. He is a little prick
No...I mean the retribution.

Marchand is a total punk! Somebody needs to remove him
They do remove him, but he keeps coming back like a bad rash, lol. Isn't Hedman on the Bolts? He's not exactly a choir boy. Remember Gordie Howe, Bobby Clark, Claude Lemieux? All known for playing a little riske. Speaking of Bruins, the amazing Eddie Shore was a bastard on the ice, constantly had players ducking their heads.

They do remove him, but he keeps coming back like a bad rash, lol. Isn't Hedman on the Bolts? He's not exactly a choir boy. Remember Gordie Howe, Bobby Clark, Claude Lemieux? All known for playing a little riske. Speaking of Bruins, the amazing Eddie Shore was a bastard on the ice, constantly had players ducking their heads.
So your ok with licking and low bridge hits? Hedman isn’t licking people. I would be embarrassed honestly

I am in an odd situation where my two favorite teams are playing each other (my dad grew in Boston, I was born and raised near Tampa). Marchand is a complete punk. One of a very few athletes that I would honestly like to see sustain a career ending injury, before he ends someone else’s career.

Reactions: raysnoles
Marchand, his agent, and the team are all cool with everyone being preoccupied with this stuff. Plays right into what they want. Moreover, Marchand is more effective in this role.

Tampa has a better roster and team speed. Give them a few calls and there you go.

Hedman is a choir boy basically, not at all unusual for the Swedes. Why the hell do they have Callahan and Paquette if not to take on those responsibilities?

Good series so far, the speed of Tampa is shining through.

Lightning are a little faster, a good bit deeper. Somewhat surprisingly, as physical and every bit as good defensively. Hope the Caps and pens go 7, with both being very physical. Maybe even a couple of multiple overtime games.

Tampa and Vegas advance - congrats to both, arguably the 2 fastest teams in the league. Of the little bit I've been able to watch the Kunitz/Callahan/Paquette trio is having a big impact.

Reactions: hatsbo
Tampa and Vegas advance - congrats to both, arguably the 2 fastest teams in the league. Of the little bit I've been able to watch the Kunitz/Callahan/Paquette trio is having a big impact.

Yeah, that line played very well; scored some, played great defense, and were very physical. But the real difference maker was the Lightning's #2 line - Brayden Point, Tyler Johnson, and Ondrej Palat; they were simply outstanding.

Reactions: fsUTampa and hatsbo
Yeah, I was very impressed with that line, especially Point. Bruins just couldn't buy a even strength goal to save their lives, Bolts fore and back checking was impressive, very quick team and they seemed more physical than in earlier games. Can't be too sad about the B's exit, far exceeded the pundits' predictions, it was truly a fun season. The future is bright with a good core of youth and vets and some nice cap space for Sweeney to play with.
Could this be the year the Caps finally escape the curse of the Penguin? Been a great series so far. Do I want the Jets to beat the Preds because I feel sorry for the long suffering Cup starved, Canadian fans? Maybe. Am I tired of hearing about Vegas? Yes.

Happy for the Caps fans, first advancement to the semi-finals for a DC sports team in 75 total attempts, wow. I have two brothers plus many friends in DC. Gonna be tough to root against them playing TB, who is my second favorite team. There is still hope for Canada of ending the Cup Curse.

Reactions: EvanNoles
Congrats to Caps.

Pens just never looked right in this series, messy lineup changes, poor defense early most games, bad power play setup, and Crosbys obsession with passing over shooting all hurt them.

Impressive team performance by Caps. Ill be surprised if they don’t win the cup.

Impressive team performance by Caps. Ill be surprised if they don’t win the cup.

dont-jinx-it.jpg

Wow, Bolts fans have left this house, got real quiet in here other than Evan. You'd think someone would have at least posted a eulogy, but you can put that off for now. Nice bounceback performance last night with Vasy playing great and good special teams play. Vegas keeps impressing, a few lineup changes pay dividends with the benched and slumping Tatar reinserted and coming to life.

Again, I have been travelling a good bit so its been a while since I posted. Caps completely dominate in the first two games. Game 1 didn't really surprise me as Bolts did same thing in Boston series. Game 2 shocked me. I'm not gonna lie I didn't like our chances. Now last night was exactly what the Bolts needed. Gotta have push and take away the Caps space. You are not gonna beat Ovi and Kusnetsov by letting tehm have time and space and pick their spots. They are too good and Ovi is as good a sniper as there is in the league. Vasy played like he is capable of playing last night and the PK was much more active. In the first two games the PK just balled up 4 guys in the middle of the ice and let Caps do whatever they wanted. It would be huge to get both on the road, but it aint gonna be easy to do that. Caps will have major pushback in game 4.

As far as the West series, I don't think there is any chance that series doesn't go 7. These two teams are really good.

IMO, whoever wins Game 5 will also win Game 6. I'm about 60/40 leaning to Tampa right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT