ADVERTISEMENT

How many times did you get covid?

BrianNole777

All-ACC
Jan 27, 2023
Near Washington D.C.
I think I got it once. When I returned from southern Brazil in January 2020, I had a mysterious cough for 10 days or so. It was odd.

I got tested for covid antibodies a few months later and had them, so I think I had covid at least once. I've since received 5 Moderna vaccines and feel great.

How many times did you get covid, if any?

What was it like?

I might have but no way to know. I only tested when I had to travel and it was always negative.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Caught Covid before Vax was available with pre-existing conditions. That was it. See no need to gild the lily with a jab that might mean getting it again.

I got COVID one time, from my unvaccinated brother at my mothers funeral. I am a health care provider and worked all through COVID without contracting the virus. Go figure,
Just curious. Since you work in the health care industry how would you tell who or where you contracted it from? Couldn't it be from anywhere?

I got COVID one time, from my unvaccinated brother at my mothers funeral. I am a health care provider and worked all through COVID without contracting the virus. Go figure,
Sorry about your mom!

Now, I would think that a practioner in your field would be highly vulnerable to airborne illnesses.

I mean when you grab the boys and say “ cough”, I would think you are in a serious high risk profession!

Once that I am aware of. My wife came home feeling awful one day last summer and tested positive. It kicked her ass for over a week. My son and I tested positive three days later. We were both asymptomatic and never would have tested if my wife wasn’t sick and we were scheduled to travel out of the country the next week. My son and I had been boosted 10 days prior to contracting the virus. It had been several months since my wife had received a booster (likely the reason her case was more severe). Very grateful for the guidance our physicians have given us.

Just curious. Since you work in the health care industry how would you tell who or where you contracted it from? Couldn't it be from anywhere?
I guess technically that is correct. I tested daily as mom was in hospice and dad was 92 at the time. The likelihood that it came from work is slim. I work in an office and we didn't see patients who were sick.

I got it once(6/22), my wife once(1/22), my oldest son(8/22), middle child twice(1/22 n 7/22), and youngest child once(7/22).

So do you deny that the vaccines helped?
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

So do you deny that the vaccines helped?
Don't know. How can you confirm that it did?

JMO but it remains unknown what the long or short term effects will be from continuing to take the jab. Are you still getting jabbed?

Reactions: OakTreeNole
I will certainly keep taking whatever COVID vaccinations are offered, just like I do with the annual flu vaccination. I like not getting sick and not having to worry about long COVID.

Same here. I've received 5 Moderna vaccines and feel great.

When 99% of American doctors recommend the vaccine, I feel confident in their expertise.

Last edited:
Don't know. How can you confirm that it did?

JMO but it remains unknown what the long or short term effects will be from continuing to take the jab. Are you still getting jabbed?
Per my physician’s guidance we are being told it will be a yearly vaccination much like the flu shot. What is your physician advising you and your family?

Actually, those taking the vaccine is probably a good thing for me as I believe that whether by mutation or adaptation " Life is not trying to kill itself". Thus weaker strains that I might face will allow my acquired immunity to be more effective with the benefit of not super charging my immunity system which I believe is dangerous to those in good health. Never had a flu shot my whole life, Can't remember ever having the Flu until Covid. Go figure?

Actually, those taking the vaccine is probably a good thing for me as I believe that whether by mutation or adaptation " Life is not trying to kill itself". Thus weaker strains that I might face will allow my acquired immunity to be more effective with the benefit of not super charging my immunity system which I believe is dangerous to those in good health. Never had a flu shot my whole life, Can't remember ever having the Flu until Covid. Go figure?
Does your physician guide you to theses beliefs?

Does your physician guide you to theses beliefs?
yes and my understanding of health and biology which was my major studies in college along with Ecology.

I don't have great faith in the Covid vaccine since it doesn't stop you from getting, spreading, being hospitalized, or dying from the virus. That being said I think those causing the weakening by getting jabbed (taking one for the team) should be thanked.

yes and my understanding of health and biology which was my major studies in college along with Ecology.

I don't have great faith in the Covid vaccine since it doesn't stop you from getting, spreading, being hospitalized, or dying from the virus. That being said I think those causing the weakening by getting jabbed (taking one for the team) should be thanked.

Your physician advised you NOT to get the covid vaccine?

Did they say why?

@F4Gary why keep laughing?

Just curious. :)

Last edited:
I think I got it once. When I returned from southern Brazil in January 2020, I had a mysterious cough for 10 days or so. It was odd.

I got tested for covid antibodies a few months later and had them, so I think I had covid at least once. I've since received 5 Moderna vaccines and feel great.

How many times did you get covid, if any?

What was it like?
none so far as I can tell.

I don't have great faith in the Covid vaccine since it doesn't stop you from getting, spreading, being hospitalized, or dying from the virus. That being said I think those causing the weakening by getting jabbed (taking one for the team) should be thanked.I trust the science, my practitioners and reality. The “jab” has allowed us to get on with things. It is glaring obvious. Any other opinion is uninformed.
I have witnessed the opposite of what you are claiming. Your repeated reference of the “jab” suggests you might be influenced by other factors.

Last edited:
Well certainly I am convinced the medical science is completely settled on the Covid vaccine. The masks, and mandates that were amazingly successful? There is no such thing as acquired, natural immunity or beneficial therapeutics? I guess I am just a living miracle?
Better living through Big Pharma is always the answer! lol

Well certainly I am convinced the medical science is completely settled on the Covid vaccine. The masks, and mandates that were amazingly successful? There is no such thing as acquired, natural immunity or beneficial therapeutics? I guess I am just a living miracle?
Better living through Big Pharma is always the answer! lol
Are you always so black or white, all or nothing with your belief systems? I’m pretty confident that’s not how the life sciences typically work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT