ADVERTISEMENT

How many times did you get covid?

I will certainly keep taking whatever COVID vaccinations are offered, just like I do with the annual flu vaccination. I like not getting sick and not having to worry about long COVID.
Long Covid? Isnt it enough to call it Covid? Why add another name to it so it sounds worse? Is there a thing called long cancer?

From the Lancet: "Because of long COVID's diverse symptomatology, reliance on self-reported symptoms, and a lack of diagnostic tests and consensus definition, many patients struggle to obtain a definitive diagnosis. As a result, long COVID is often easily dismissed as a psychosomatic condition."

Reactions: noletaire
I will certainly keep taking whatever COVID vaccinations are offered, just like I do with the annual flu vaccination. I like not getting sick and not having to worry about long COVID.
Interesting. In another thread you discuss eating 4 bags of chips in a weekend along with a smorgasbord of other fast and junk foods yet Long Covid worries you? Do you ever think about high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, prostate cancer or any of that?

Are you always so black or white, all or nothing with your belief systems? I’m pretty confident that’s not how the life sciences typically work.
Actually no but I took the initial warnings seriously before the vaccine was formulated and administered. Science is never absolute. It is always changing as more facts and information are accumulated. Science is not faith based or decided by a vote.

The scientific method
  • Make an observation.
  • Ask a question.
  • Form a hypothesis, or testable explanation.
  • Make a prediction based on the hypothesis.
  • Test the prediction.
  • Iterate: use the results to make new hypotheses or predictions.

Sad to see people mocking this devastating virus. I worry for my niece and nephew who are going to have to go through life listening to the idiots who tell them that their mom died from a pretend virus. Or that it was her fault.
Who said it was pretend? I see some questioning the jab but I think all agree there was a virus going around. After that it gets hazy.

Who said it was pretend? I see some questioning the jab but I think all agree there was a virus going around. After that it gets hazy.
It’s easy to be flippant when you have no skin in the game. I am 1000% certain that the “jab” you mock would have saved my sister in law’s life. The sad part is people just mimicking their taking head idols.

It’s easy to be flippant when you have no skin in the game. I am 1000% certain that the “jab” you mock would have saved my sister in law’s life. The sad part is people just mimicking their taking head idols.
I'm truly sorry for your loss. However, people with the vaccine HAVE died from Covid, so your 1000% is probably not warranted.

What annoyed me the most was the assumption that it would stop the spread, and we wound up putting young, healthy nurses at the front of the line to get the Jab.

I prefer "Fauci Ouchie" to Jab. :D

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
I'm truly sorry for your loss. However, people with the vaccine HAVE died from Covid, so your 1000% is probably not warranted.

What annoyed me the most was the assumption that it would stop the spread, and we wound up putting young, healthy nurses at the front of the line to get the Jab.

I prefer "Fauci Ouchie" to Jab. :D
Ironically, my sister in law was a nurse. Forty years old with no preexisting conditions, I stand by my assertion that she would be here today if the “jab” had been available. And the last I checked, we stopped the spread. The virus is virtually non existent.

Ironically, my sister in law was a nurse. Forty years old with no preexisting conditions, I stand by my assertion that she would be here today if the “jab” had been available. And the last I checked, we stopped the spread. The virus is virtually non existent.
You don't know that the "vaccine" stopped the spread or if it burned out naturally or a combination of the two. Or natural immunity could have helped out as well.

Jab is the same as shot. Its not mocking or being flippant as you say.

The only people I see using the term “jab” are those who disapprove or dismiss its usefulness. I think you fit under at least one of those categories.
Honestly I don't know if it worked or not. I got three jabs myself but that was because of the mandates and I travel for work. Its not just covid though I never got flu shots either.

Honestly I don't know if it worked or not. I got three jabs myself but that was because of the mandates and I travel for work. Its not just covid though I never got flu shots either.
My personal experience is that it did its job. As I mentioned before my wife brought Covid home and it kicked her ass. She never gets sick and it was hard to see her in that condition. My son and I were boosted 10 days earlier (Doctor advised my wife to hold off a couple months because of her age) and we felt nothing. That’s all the proof I need. But I believed in the science and trust my physician.

As noted in the Lancet article that you linked, long COVID is distinct from acute COVID. Here is a useful figure from a recent Nature Reviews Microbiology article:
41579_2022_846_Fig1_HTML.png

The impacts of long COVID on numerous organs with a wide variety of pathology are shown. The presentation of pathologies is often overlapping, which can exacerbate management challenges. MCAS, mast cell activation syndrome; ME/CFS, myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome; POTS, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.

Long COVID: major findings, mechanisms and recommendations
Symptoms can last for years13, and particularly in cases of new-onset ME/CFS and dysautonomia are expected to be lifelong14. - How do we know this? Covid is relatively new and even if 3 is considered years how do they determine lifelong?

The presentation of pathologies is often overlapping, which can exacerbate management challenges. - Overlapping with things other than Covid?

Because diagnosis-specific data on large populations with long COVID are sparse, outcomes from general infections are included and a large proportion of medical conditions are expected to result from long COVID, although the precise proportion cannot be determined. - So how did they determine it affects 65 million people if its so sparse?

There are likely multiple, potentially overlapping, causes of long COVID. - Yes.

With significant proportions of individuals with long COVID unable to return to work7, the scale of newly disabled individuals is contributing to labour shortages15. There are currently no validated effective treatments. - And for the real reason there is a thing called long covid.

Yes, long COVID concerns me much more than potato chips. I have no health problems related to the other concerns that you mentioned, seemingly randomly. I check my blood pressure daily; I get a check-up with my PCP twice a year and a complete blood panel to assess my blood sugar, cholesterol, etc. annually. I will get my prostate checked regularly when my PCP recommends it. So, I do think about those variables, and I believe that I manage them effectively. Long COVID is a greater threat to my health and well-being than potato chips or fast food.
Ok. You do you. Covid infected 685 million people out of 8.5 million globally and reported deaths from it are 1.1 million. Its estimated that 10% of those infected could get long covid and that is the greater risk? Ok.

Ok. You do you. Covid infected 685 million people out of 8.5 million globally and reported deaths from it are 1.1 million. Its estimated that 10% of those infected could get long covid and that is the greater risk? Ok.
I would hold off on that 10% figure. The data coming in is saying something much different about long Covid. Mostly, that long Covid symptoms are mostly due to something else. Time will tell as more data comes in, but that is the direction it is going now.

I would hold off on that 10% figure. The data coming in is saying something much different about long Covid. Mostly, that long Covid symptoms are mostly due to something else. Time will tell as more data comes in, but that is the direction it is going now.
I was trying to be generous. I did say estimated though.

In the 0.4 square mile zip code where I work, more than 1,700 people have died of COVID. In my neighborhood, alone, 130 people have died of COVID. It is clearly the greater risk to me than eating potato chips.
Right. Where is that? Depending on the population and amount of cases you got pretty lucky.

Sad to see people mocking this devastating virus. I worry for my niece and nephew who are going to have to go through life listening to the idiots who tell them that their mom died from a pretend virus. Or that it was her fault.
I would bet most didn't have friends or family die. It was just other folk's problem to them.

Interesting. In another thread you discuss eating 4 bags of chips in a weekend along with a smorgasbord of other fast and junk foods yet Long Covid worries you? Do you ever think about high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, prostate cancer or any of that?
I thought the same thing. Dude has a diet that's essentially a death warrant but is worried about a disease that has a 1% death rate. LMFAO...

Or you just blindly swallow whatever the MSM feeds you? LOL.

How is Covid this horrible/awful threat when we allow tens of thousands of complete strangers to pour across the border with no screening at all? 🤡 🤡 🤡
Start a thread about it then. There was no need for you to come on this one and start mocking people. You didn’t even attempt to answer the op’s question about having Covid. It never fails.

I think I got it once. When I returned from southern Brazil in January 2020, I had a mysterious cough for 10 days or so. It was odd.

I got tested for covid antibodies a few months later and had them, so I think I had covid at least once. I've since received 5 Moderna vaccines and feel great.

How many times did you get covid, if any?

What was it like?
To my knowledge, never contracted Covid. I received both doses of the Moderna vaccine. The only time I felt sick was after the receiving the shot. The 2nd shot brought me down for two days. I also had a close friend die of Covid.

It is not my entire diet, and it is clearly not a death warrant for me. I actually don't really understand all the people talking about feeling guilty or afraid of eating food that they enjoy. Having a hot dog or a bag of chips is not going to kill the vast majority of people, and it's definitely not going to kill me. Additionally, I am not actually worried about dying from COVID. I am worried about the chronic dysfunction and impairment associated with long COVID. Again, why are we discussing what I eat in a thread about having COVID?
I buy chips in bulk; finished four full sized bags over the weekend.

I always have a couple of Compartés chocolate bars and a candy dish with various jelly beans, skittles, sour patch kids, etc. in my office.

I love fast food and stadium/theater snacks. I usually have something like popcorn, french fries, nachos, corn dogs, etc. on most days.

I'm not faulting you for being concerned about Covid but its more than ironic and illogical to be concerned about the chronic effects of Covid when at the same time, your diet (as you described above) would be a direct contributor to a number of chronic diseases. And yeah, a hot dog or bag of chips every now and then won't kill you, but if you're eating that "on most days", it will... or at the very cause some type of serious "chronic impairment"

Playing the odds, , you're far more likely to get a chronic disease from your own diet rather than Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuaZ2002
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT