ADVERTISEMENT

How many times did you get covid?

And, again, why are we talking about my diet in a thread about COVID? How are the two related, at all?
I explained it. If you can't figure that out, that's on you; chalking it up to you being illogical was far too generous of me. After your 20th Covid booster, stop off at McDonald's and pick up a couple of double quarter-pounders with supersize fries.
Pure comedy.

Last edited:
QPCs suck. Big Macs, though, are tasty.

You don’t seem to be able to figure it out: I don’t have any diet-related health problems or risk factors. Food does not pose a threat to me, so I do not worry about it. I am sorry if you have to, but I wish you would not ruin what had been fun conversations about food by attempting to weaponize them in an entirely unrelated conversation about COVID.

COVID does pose a relatively mild threat to me that has been easily mitigated by getting vaccinated. Again, I do not see how my stance is controversial.

How often do you eat pizza?

What are your favorite toppings?

I explained it. If you can't figure that out, that's on you; chalking it up to you being illogical was far too generous of me. After your 20th Covid booster, stop off at McDonald's and pick up a couple of double quarter-pounders with supersize fries.
Pure comedy.
After your 20th Covid booster? Assumed sarcasm? If not you believe that taking a normal dosage (2) pills would be better if you took 10? Yikes!

As to food choices Moderation is the key, No?

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
Long Covid? Isnt it enough to call it Covid? Why add another name to it so it sounds worse? Is there a thing called long cancer?

From the Lancet: "Because of long COVID's diverse symptomatology, reliance on self-reported symptoms, and a lack of diagnostic tests and consensus definition, many patients struggle to obtain a definitive diagnosis. As a result, long COVID is often easily dismissed as a psychosomatic condition."

Psychosomatic?😎. Sounds like how people react to gluten!

Actually no but I took the initial warnings seriously before the vaccine was formulated and administered. Science is never absolute. It is always changing as more facts and information are accumulated. Science is not faith based or decided by a vote.

The scientific method
  • Make an observation.
  • Ask a question.
  • Form a hypothesis, or testable explanation.
  • Make a prediction based on the hypothesis.
  • Test the prediction.
  • Iterate: use the results to make new hypotheses or predictions.
As a scientist, I try to never predict an effect. The null hypothesis is nearly always that the control and test populations are equal—no effect, unless the test data say differently.

Reactions: trunole1
German research invalid? Wikipedia?

Yes, John Campbell is a retired nurse spreading covid misinformation. He's well known in the medical community for it.

Please stop believing him and spreading his misinformation.

Here are links directly refuting his misinformation.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...th-totals-covid-19-england-have-not-been-ove/

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/12/n...eart-attack-risk-contrary-to-flawed-abstract/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/conspiracy-theories-about-monkeypox/

Yes, John Campbell is a retired nurse spreading covid misinformation. He's well known in the medical community for it.

Please stop believing him and spreading his misinformation.

Here are links directly refuting his misinformation.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...th-totals-covid-19-england-have-not-been-ove/

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/12/n...eart-attack-risk-contrary-to-flawed-abstract/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/conspiracy-theories-about-monkeypox/
So the German research is invalid? Embalmers lying?

So the German research is invalid? Embalmers lying?

Here's a much better source on coronavirus:

I think I got it once. When I returned from southern Brazil in January 2020, I had a mysterious cough for 10 days or so. It was odd.

I got tested for covid antibodies a few months later and had them, so I think I had covid at least once. I've since received 5 Moderna vaccines and feel great.

How many times did you get covid, if any?

What was it like?
Once, it showed up on my birthday last August. Fully vaxxed and boosted, it started with nasal congestion and then a really sore throat. Kinda out of it for several days and then persistent congestion for several months.
Never did figure out how I got it, tho multiple co-workers had it over the last several years. I had tested negative multiple times after known contact with infected folks. This time the color change on the strip was immediate after swabbing.

Here's a much better source on coronavirus:

Why do you refuse to answer my questions? Not about Campbell who is very self- deprecating. You seem very upset. Why?

Why do you refuse to answer my questions? Not about Campbell who is very self- deprecating. You seem very upset. Why?

I'm not upset. I'm not a scientist or medical doctor so I'm not going to research your misinformation.

I wish you would stop spreading harmful ignorance.

It's more sad than anything else.

Last edited:
I'm not upset. I'm not a scientist or medical doctor so I'm not going to research his misinformation.

I wish you would stop spreading harmful ignorance but I have little hope you will...
harmful ignorance? You have great faith in your beliefs which when questioned you immediately label misinformation and attack the messenger. A true scientist or medical doctor always welcomes questions.

Science is not based on faith.

• Haha
harmful ignorance? You have great faith in your beliefs which when questioned you immediately label misinformation and attack the messenger. A true scientist or medical doctor always welcomes questions.

Science is not based on faith.

I gave you a link to science from Harvard.

They answer many questions.

Are you willing to learn and change?

I look forward to you changing your opinion based on evidence from the experts and not a retired nurse on YouTube. :)
and I look forward to you having an open mind towards you understanding that science is not a religion based on faith. My opinion like science is always changing and am not reticent to saying " I don't know" . There are experts on both sides of the issue. Have a nice weekend.

and I look forward to you having an open mind towards you understanding that science is not a religion based on faith. My opinion like science is always changing and am not reticent to saying " I don't know" . There are experts on both sides of the issue. Have a nice weekend.

I don't view science like religion. I'm not sure how you got that assumption.

Your opinion on vaccines probably won't change based on the scientific evidence. I'd be thrilled to be wrong and you change.

The evidence is overwhelming that covid vaccines are safe and effective.

99% of medical doctors in America agree.

Have a nice weekend as well.

Last edited:
Twice, that I know of from getting tested
1. Dec 2020. Prevaccination, sickest I have ever been, miserable experience, missed 3 weeks of work. The most frustrating part was the limited options to help with the symptoms

2. August 2021 Vaccinated, no booster-felt sluggish a couple of days, the only reason I got tested was that a coworker tested positive, was very sick and some guy died that attended the same funeral. No symptoms, never felt sick, just sluggish for a couple of days

It is unfortunate that the response to and handling of Covid was so poorly managed ( by both sides before anybody yells what about the other team) that it is now an us vs them argument versus a unified effort to better prepare this country for any future pandemic level events

It is not my entire diet, and it is clearly not a death warrant for me. I actually don't really understand all the people talking about feeling guilty or afraid of eating food that they enjoy. Having a hot dog or a bag of chips is not going to kill the vast majority of people, and it's definitely not going to kill me. Additionally, I am not actually worried about dying from COVID. I am worried about the chronic dysfunction and impairment associated with long COVID. Again, why are we discussing what I eat in a thread about having COVID?
Your right. Just like the vast majority of people are not going to get "long covid" so why worry about it? 10% "ESTIMATED" of those infected with severe cases could contract long covid supposedly. So that's about .7% chance of getting long covid if that? Ill continue to watch my diet.

Reactions: noletaire
I don't view science like religion. I'm not sure how you got that assumption.

Your opinion on vaccines probably won't change based on the scientific evidence. I'd be thrilled to be wrong and you change.

The evidence is overwhelming that covid vaccines are safe and effective.

99% of medical doctors in America agree.

Have a nice weekend as well.
From the linked study.

"On the surface, our results provide some reassuring news for using physicians as leading vaccine promoters. We found that only 5.2% of PCPs were unvaccinated against COVID at the time of our survey, echoing the findings of the American Medical Association’s June 2021 survey. In addition, our results suggest that PCPs’ views toward vaccines are overwhelmingly positive – 88% of physicians agreed or strongly agreed that vaccines in general are safe. Likewise, 90% of physicians agreed that vaccines are effective, and 89% agreed that vaccines are important. When we compared our PCP responses to responses from the general public on the same questions, we found that PCPs are 19% more likely to strongly agree that vaccines are safe and 16% more likely to strongly agree they’re effective."

"Digging deeper into the data, however, reveals some troubling trends. Even if most physicians are well-positioned to serve as vaccination advocates, our results still suggest that 10.1% of PCPs do not agree that vaccines in general are safe. Similarly, 9.3% do not agree that all vaccines are effective, and 8.3% do not agree that they are important."

Last edited:
From the linked study.

"On the surface, our results provide some reassuring news for using physicians as leading vaccine promoters. We found that only 5.2% of PCPs were unvaccinated against COVID at the time of our survey, echoing the findings of the American Medical Association’s June 2021 survey. In addition, our results suggest that PCPs’ views toward vaccines are overwhelmingly positive – 88% of physicians agreed or strongly agreed that vaccines in general are safe. Likewise, 90% of physicians agreed that vaccines are effective, and 89% agreed that vaccines are important. When we compared our PCP responses to responses from the general public on the same questions, we found that PCPs are 19% more likely to strongly agree that vaccines are safe and 16% more likely to strongly agree they’re effective."

"Digging deeper into the data, however, reveals some troubling trends. Even if most physicians are well-positioned to serve as vaccination advocates, our results still suggest that 10.1% of PCPs do not agree that vaccines in general are safe. Similarly, 9.3% do not agree that all vaccines are effective, and 8.3% do not agree that they are important."

90% of medical doctors approving covid vaccines is a pretty great number.

I think 10% of any profession has it's quacks/bottom feeders.

I've personally asked 6 doctors I know and trust and they all received and promote the covid vaccines.

90% of medical doctors approving covid vaccines is a pretty great number.

I think 10% of any profession has it's quacks/bottom feeders.

I've personally asked 6 doctors I know and trust and they all received and promote the covid vaccines.

Point taken but you did say 99%. Also a different opinion on a subject doesn't make them a quack or bottom feeder. You only use that language because you don't agree with their position.

Point taken but you did say 99%. Also a different opinion on a subject doesn't make them a quack or bottom feeder. You only use that language because you don't agree with their position.

I gave a link that showed 98% of American physicians approve of the covid vaccines.

I call the medical doctors that don't agree quacks because they disagree with the overwhelming scientific evidence that covid vaccines are safe and effective.

I gave a link that showed 98% of American physicians approve of the covid vaccines.

I call the medical doctors that don't agree quacks because they disagree with the overwhelming scientific evidence that covid vaccines are safe and effective.

So what is it? 98%, 99%, 96%, 1 in 10? How many of these quacks are out there and how do we destroy these dissenters careers? How dare they defy conventional wisdom.

• Haha
As far as i know. 0.0. Never got sick enough to warrant testing. And i was vaxxed and boosted.

Ditto. I’m sure I was exposed, but being vaxed, boosted, wearing a mask and even gloves early on plus an increase in washing hands and using alcohol on the hands when I can’t get to a sink not only meant I didn’t get Covid…but I haven’t been sick from anything, not even a minor cold, since the pandemic started. (Knock on wood of course).

Hmmm?

More than 600,000 doctors receive payments annually. (Companies also report research payments and ownership interests

Hmmm?

More than 600,000 doctors receive payments annually. (Companies also report research payments and ownership interests

Is this supposed to be a gotcha article because it's not.

Is this supposed to be a gotcha article because it's not.
nope Why so defensive? Medicine has made incredible advances benefitting mankind. That being said they do make mistakes. Medical science like all science
is not absolute or settled by a vote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT