ADVERTISEMENT

How soon before Coach Taggart opens his "bag of tricks"?

NOLE_97

All-ACC
Aug 30, 2018
Obviously, no team wants to open their entire playbook in the first few weeks. However, based on everything WT has said in person and interviews his entire scheme is based off simplicity and athletes being athletes....the idea that, "I don't care if you know I'm running it....beat me".

That said, will it be more of an issue of not opening the whole playbook or waiting until he feels confident the players know/understand/and can execute the plays?

For instance, the Jet Sweep.....under the previous coach we ran exactly one....count it....ONE true jet sweep since he took over from Bobby. (He ran other reverses and end arounds but only one true honest to goodness Jet Sweep)

What an epic waste of talent in Kermit to not have him running at least one Sweep per game back then. Noonie isn't as fast as Kermit but he'll do. Run that play enough with enough variation of the fake Sweep handoff to Cam/JP in the backfield and you'll have D's sweating bullets and being forced to be athletes.

Do we wait to put that in the mix? Or just tell the country....we're fast, this is what we're running.....beat us!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News