ADVERTISEMENT

How will covid effect this season

I got mine and if you want to go about without yours, that is your decision. Not my fault if something happens. My brother will not get vaccinated and that’s his decision.

Don’t expect me to stay home when I did my part.
I got my two Phizers back in March. Its a personal choice. My wife refuse to get one.

Reactions: hrb83
71 years old, fully vaccinated driving 13 hours from Northern Virginia to Tallahassee with my wife---very respectful of the "science", but at this point, Dr. Fauci and the entire CDC staff will not stop us from taking our seats in Doak----looking forward to seeing all of you in the Section 8 parking lot---Go Noles!
Science should not be put in quotes in this context.

Reactions: NCnole99Champs
Not likely. The new mask rules are getting a lot of push back as it is from all sides.
Don't think the Feds care about the will of the people, they control the messaging out of the CDC and NIH and they will use it to advance their agenda regardless of any push back. Now personally I believe there will be a lot of discontent within the people, and it will devolve into a game of chicken between the Feds and the states, which as I said, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Reactions: Ralnole
What area are you in? Because they cannot mandate masks in Florida anymore.
Leon County. I know that’s what Desantis has said but localities are pushing back. It’s why he is considering removing funding from schools that require masks.

Reactions: RD78
Moved to Charlotte area last year. Rented a condo in PCB that week for the game. Fully vaxxed since Feb but we’re on the fence. I had cancer a few years ago and am waffling. Tough decision.
Bay County does not give a F about Covid. If you’re covid concerned, I would not stay there.

That said I’m on the way there now to stay at the beach place for week. I love it there and I love that we really had no Covid rules there (except in court, where by the way we are back on Phase II and can’t do trials).

Reactions: panamacitynole
I don’t think there should be changed. But Disney is redoing mask rules. Locally the school board is saying kids will have to do that in school. People in this area are starting to panic.

Edit - just learned they canceled a big Alzheimer’s Project fundraiser I was sponsoring. Scheduled 8/14 at The Moon.

Tally is wigging out.
Great….

Don't think the Feds care about the will of the people, they control the messaging out of the CDC and NIH and they will use it to advance their agenda regardless of any push back. Now personally I believe there will be a lot of discontent within the people, and it will devolve into a game of chicken between the Feds and the states, which as I said, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Stop this garbage please.

"they"

"agenda"

"control messaging"

Lock the darn thread.

At this point I don’t see FSU or any other major programs going back on their commitment for full capacity. Unless they have a contingency plan the logistics of undoing everything would be a total nightmare in such a short time period. That would be a much more difficult task than when we moved the Boise game from Jax a few years ago at the last minute. A lot of people are fired up about this game and the local businesses need our support after a brutal year of losing tons of revenue.

Reactions: goldmom and Ralnole
I wish that instead of just bombarding us with stats, they would provided context.

Just like the flu shot, the vaccine will not get every strain
If you are vaccinated, you are less likely to go to the hospital, or die
If you do not have more than 2 comorbidities, you are super-highly likely to survive
More strains are likely going to come along.
Vaccine (if able/willing) + better diet / exercise will reduce threats

I wish more attention was paid to getting people to be healthier (I put myself in the boat of needing to be better! :)) More than anything in the world, better diet, exercise, vitamins will reduce negative outcomes. (2/3 of deaths had 6 or more comorbidities) 0.9% of healthy people died (most of them elderly). We cannot just pharma our way out of this.

We can be serious about respecting COVID without scaring people to death. IMHO

Take a pint of bourbon into the game and all will be fine.

giphy.gif

Bay County does not give a F about Covid. If you’re covid concerned, I would not stay there.

That said I’m on the way there now to stay at the beach place for week. I love it there and I love that we really had no Covid rules there (except in court, where by the way we are back on Phase II and can’t do trials).
Agree about Bay County. We lived in PCB 26 years. Owned a condo on the beach last 5 years there. I know too much of the inner workings of PCB council. Lol! I worked at the Navy base.

Reactions: AllNoles
Back to this again. DOT needs to be more assertive here. He can not just jump in and comment about COVID threads not being fact checked by warchant then leave these dumpster fires up. He needs to either assign someone to fact check and monitor the posts or just delete any post which brings up COVID. There is so much misinformation being spread all around that these posts are serving no value.

Reactions: NoleOne
Back to this again. DOT needs to be more assertive here. He can not just jump in and comment about COVID threads not being fact checked by warchant then leave these dumpster fires up. He needs to either assign someone to fact check and monitor the posts or just delete any post which brings up COVID. There is so much misinformation being spread all around that these posts are serving no value.
Cannot is one word.

So would my neighbors. Both vaxxed and Covid stricken.
My daughter and I have recovered from the variant. We're both Pfizered up, too. She was a little sicker than me but she has immunocompromised issues anyway and had stopped up ears and a low fever. The Doc told her to just rest, take zinc, magnesium, Vitamin D, drink lots of fluids and take a fever reducer. She's fine now.
I just felt like I had a runny nose for two days and had to have a snooze one afternoon.

I'm ready for the ND game and I hope at least 50,000 of my fellow Nole faithful feel the same. Life goes on. 😛

My daughter and I have recovered from the variant. We're both Pfizered up, too. She was a little sicker than me but she has immunocompromised issues anyway and had stopped up ears and a low fever. The Doc told her to just rest, take zinc, magnesium, Vitamin D, drink lots of fluids and take a fever reducer. She's fine now.
I just felt like I had a runny nose for two days and had to have a snooze one afternoon.

I'm ready for the ND game and I hope at least 50,000 of my fellow Nole faithful feel the same. Life goes on. 😛

I'm glad you're both much better.

I'm 59, had one of the earlier strains in January of this year. It kicked my posterior for 6 weeks with every conceivable symptom - including pneumonia.

I like this website, a combo between Yale, Stanford, and Harvard.

the RT number is one that can be predictive of a growing or shrinking surge...the FL number has been relatively stable of the last week, with some of the major counties even seeing declines in this data point. Hopefully think indicates that rate of infection may be slowing in those areas

Interesting….we both got Pfizer in March…the Mrs. had original Covid before Christmas. We’ve both had the clogged ear thing for a few weeks…on and off….not all the time. Neither of us have been tested since getting jabbed….I just wonder….and it would probably be too late for detection even if we chased a test result..if anyone else dealt with this ear thing…no other symptoms. Glad you all are better.

I like this website, a combo between Yale, Stanford, and Harvard.

the RT number is one that can be predictive of a growing or shrinking surge...the FL number has been relatively stable of the last week, with some of the major counties even seeing declines in this data point. Hopefully think indicates that rate of infection may be slowing in those areas
the surge in FL began ~6/18. the UK's delta surge took about 8 from begin of rise to peak. India was about 10 weeks. hopefully Florida is on the downward trend by mid-August.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT