ADVERTISEMENT

I’m a vaccine test dummy

This is what has made me so gun shy about Shingrix. I've heard similar stories from two other people. I had a mild case of shingles several years ago, and of course I don't want another.
I did get the pneumonia vaccine with no ill effects and the flu shot doesn't bother me,
I'll take the COVID vaccine when I can get an appointment.
I got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine last Thursday. No noticeable side effects.

My parents and inlaws got it Friday, DOH drove to the house and gave it to them.

My parents and inlaws got it Friday, DOH drove to the house and gave it to them.
The roll out hasn’t been great but the state of FL is up to about 60k vaccinations per day. So progress is being made. I bet by early to mid Feb you see all the metrics start to drop in terms of cases, hospitalizations and deaths.

The roll out hasn’t been great but the state of FL is up to about 60k vaccinations per day. So progress is being made. I bet by early to mid Feb you see all the metrics start to drop in terms of cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
I hope they've already peaked.

I just like to call all the shots, if given the opportunity. Please give us a medical update when you've been able to get your Covid Vaccine. My best guess is by the end of March as I'm providing healthcare, but not on the front lines. Are the shots in the arm or in the tush? I am behind this endeavor 100%. Do hope you can take a crack at it in the near future.
Shots are in the arm. Surprised you have to wait if you are a HC provider.

Reactions: goldmom
Scheduled for my 1st Moderna vaccine dose tomorrow. Univ of Miami Hospital made a request portal available to community healthcare providers last week. Got the email to schedule over the weekend.

It seems like after a slow and awkward roll out this thing is going into hyperdrive. They did 1.25M vaccinations nationally on Friday I think it was. Keep that pace, and prioritize the elderly, and by March or so we’ll see the lowest numbers of deaths since this started.

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday and it kicked my ass. Woke up last night shivering uncontrollably. Luckily it only lasted a few hours and Tylenol broke the fever. Today I still feel like I’m running a little hot but otherwise not bad.

Reactions: ChiefWB
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday and it kicked my ass. Woke up last night shivering uncontrollably. Luckily it only lasted a few hours and Tylenol broke the fever. Today I still feel like I’m running a little hot but otherwise not bad.
This is why I'm going to semi-isolate, wear my mask, and wait just a bit.
Supposedly 55 people have died from the vaccine.
I will be interested in the J&J vaccine, which may be out at the beginning of February. That's a one-shot deal.

This is why I'm going to semi-isolate, wear my mask, and wait just a bit.
Supposedly 55 people have died from the vaccine.
I will be interested in the J&J vaccine, which may be out at the beginning of February. That's a one-shot deal.
I don’t believe that’s true at all. That would be massive news.

I don’t believe that’s true at all. That would be massive news.
Ok so I saw that 23 nursing home residents in Norway died shortly after the vaccine but they’re not sure there’s even a correlation as those people were already really really sick. I haven’t seen anything about someone who’s overall healthy having a severe reaction.

Ok so I saw that 23 nursing home residents in Norway died shortly after the vaccine but they’re not sure there’s even a correlation as those people were already really really sick. I haven’t seen anything about someone who’s overall healthy having a severe reaction.
I'll check on that.
Hey, if it's on the internet it must be true, right?

I'll check on that.
Hey, if it's on the internet it must be true, right?
There’s so much misinformation it’s crazy. Just to be clear, the side effects for the 2nd dose weren’t pleasant but it’s a heckuva lot better than getting actual COVID. I’m now less than 36hrs removed and feel completely normal. One night of restless sleep and fever isn’t a huge price.

Reactions: Idaho Nole
I think this might be what you are referring to. It's at least worth keeping an eye on.

Right. So when you’ve had something like 12M people vaccinated and many of them are old it’s not shocking that some of those people have just died in general and not necessarily having anything to do with the vaccine. That’s what old people do, they die.

Right. So when you’ve had something like 12M people vaccinated and many of them are old it’s not shocking that some of those people have just died in general and not necessarily having anything to do with the vaccine. That’s what old people do, they die.
I posted a link. Nowhere did I say it was gospel or rant about its credibility.

And I hope you are feeling better after the booster shot yesterday.

This is what has made me so gun shy about Shingrix. I've heard similar stories from two other people. I had a mild case of shingles several years ago, and of course I don't want another.
I did get the pneumonia vaccine with no ill effects and the flu shot doesn't bother me,
I'll take the COVID vaccine when I can get an appointment.

^^^^^The COVID vaccine is for older people.....you'll wait your damned turn. :)

I posted a link. Nowhere did I say it was gospel or rant about its credibility.

And I hope you are feeling better after the booster shot yesterday.
Yeah sorry I was replying to the article more so than your post. I’m feeling good today. Maybe if I thought about it I’d say I’m still a little tired but nothing notable.

Reactions: ChiefWB
the 29 people in Norway that died weren't old and all under 65 years of age seems like younger people that get a Synthetic mRNA vaccine seem to have a worse immune reaction to the 2nd dose the vaccine doesn't even stop you from getting the virus it just may lessen your harsher symptoms. If I even get the vaccine I'd get the J&J or AstraZeneca since their viral vector similar to getting a flu shot.

the 29 people in Norway that died weren't old and all under 65 years of age
Reports of 33 suspected adverse drug reactions with fatal outcomes after administration of the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine had been received by the Norwegian Medicines Agency as at 17 January. All the people who died were over 75.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n167

Reactions: QuaZ2002
the 29 people in Norway that died weren't old and all under 65 years of age seems like younger people that get a Synthetic mRNA vaccine seem to have a worse immune reaction to the 2nd dose the vaccine doesn't even stop you from getting the virus it just may lessen your harsher symptoms. If I even get the vaccine I'd get the J&J or AstraZeneca since their viral vector similar to getting a flu shot.
I’ve had both shots. I’m fine. What’s your background in virology? I’m not being a smartass id just be interested if you have one. My brother had a PhD in Genetics and has studied viruses most of his life. He has no hesitancy about the mRNA vaccines whatsoever.

Reactions: 89nole
From what I've read, it does seem like the younger you are the stronger the reactions to the vaccines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT