ADVERTISEMENT

If we could go back in time for one more drink....The Phyrst? Pink Flamingo? Doc's?

Where do you go in the time machine for one more round????
Without question..........give me a Saturday night in 1977 at Fred's Back Door Lounge on West Tennessee Street, with Brenda the Bartender ruling the place. You needed $5.00 ( Four drinks @ 50 cents each and $1.00 for Brenda. ) And as much as a zoo as it was, nobody even had a fight, much less got hurt. A lot of fun at FSU.

Used to hang out some at the bar by Degraff Hall and Furrin Auto and go downstairs and play Ping Pong. I wasn't much of a drinker in those days.
Without question..........give me a Saturday night in 1977 at Fred's Back Door Lounge on West Tennessee Street, with Brenda the Bartender ruling the place. You needed $5.00 ( Four drinks @ 50 cents each and $1.00 for Brenda. ) And as much as a zoo as it was, nobody even had a fight, much less got hurt. A lot of fun at FSU.
Sam has this right. Brenda was a legend. Of course, once I grew up Clyde was a dependent on my 1040 while single.

Reactions: Warchant User 1757
Anyone ever heard of and/or went to Byron's Place? I'm guessing it was open in the 70s but it could have been open later than that (early 80s).

Worked with a guy in the past who owned it, but never heard of it and have never seen it mentioned on the site. And if you did go there, what were your impressions of Byron?

Anyone ever heard of and/or went to Byron's Place? I'm guessing it was open in the 70s but it could have been open later than that (early 80s).

Worked with a guy in the past who owned it, but never heard of it and have never seen it mentioned on the site. And if you did go there, what were your impressions of Byron?
Byron Underwood owned the bar next to the Sweet Shoppe, before it became the Phryst.

Reactions: Stands W/Beer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT