ADVERTISEMENT

In your opinion what's the best movie ever?

This thread should be pinned, so we have a never ending playlist.

On another note, what movies couldn't be made today, or would need to be edited due to the PC factor?

Fast Times at Ridgemont High comes to mind. Porky's too.

FT at Ridgemont High - "learning about Cuba and having some food" and "my dad has a great set of tools. We can fix it" and of course, Phoebe Cates by the pool....all made for a fabulous teen movie.

caddyshack-ditchdiggers.jpg

532668-mgm.jpg

Reactions: 62Nole
Never saw Forrest Gump. Zero interest. Always looked like bloated over the top Hollywood pablum to me...

My default answer is usually Goodfellas, as I like the genre, the acting, and I like movies that have some basis in reality. I'd probably put Rocky and Jaws up there as great classic movies. Raising Arizona is just a perfect movie from the way it was shot, to dialogue, to plot, to acting. Shawshank is great too. As far as movies I just flat out enjoy and watched over and over again as a kid in the '80s...

Airplane!, Vacation (only the original), Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, Easy Money, The Toy, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Porkys 1&2, Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi and many more that I'm blanking on.

One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest!
Jack "A little Dab will do ya", Nurse Ratchett, Billy and The Chief.
Honorable Mention: Dead Poets Society, Ordinary People where Redford won an emmy for directing, and The Sting! Do you follow?
The Shining (Redrum), and No Where to Hide; Costner and Hackman.
Papillion with McQueen and Hoffman, Debbie does Dallas, and
Deliverance with Buddy: Weeeeeeeeeeeee.
Cool Hand Luke: What we have here is a failure to communicate!

Last edited:
One flew over the Coo Coo Nest!
Jack "A little Dab will do ya", Nurse Ratchett, Billy and The Chief.

Love me some Cuckoo's Nest. Watched it with my boy just recently, and it really holds up. Tons of talented performances in that movie. Nurse Ratchett is number one for me for best villain, and not really close. It's real as hell, shows how mundane evil can be, and you never even get an insight into why exactly she is that way.

Scarface is my favorite of all time

True Romance is my choice for most underrated

Killer Klowns from Outer Space is my choice for guilty pleasure

Some other favs

Crimson Tide
Training Day
Rocky 1-4
Godfather 1/2
The Shining

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Always important to note your favorite movie and the bets movie are usually not the same thing.

IMO the best movie ever made is :"The Godfather"

My favorite movie is "The Last Picture Show"

Exactly. When I did my list, I wasn’t implying they were the BEST movie from a technical acting/writing/editing/directing standpoint. They were just my favorite.

If you’re talking about best made movies then you’re talking about movies like the Godfather, Citizen Kane, Rashomon, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Graduate, Tokyo Story, Lawrence of Arabia, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Doctor Zhviago, etc... All almost perfectly done movies....that I do not care to see again (Godfather’s laughably bad acting by the lesser roles especially in the poorly done action sequences makes me unable to watch that again).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT