ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone still watching the Walking Dead?

So I thought I heard something in the show. Then the replays made it clear. Someone in the horde is mumbling "Where are they?".

Evolution of the zombies to be more cognitive and functional?

Reactions: ericram
You did hear that.

It is the Whisperers. Not Walkers. But I'll let you discover what/who they are...

Reactions: funksouljon
Gotta say...I had been losing interest in the Walking Dead for a while now, and then w/Rick and Maggie's exits, I figured it would be the death blow. But I'm interested in the story line again. Can't explain it. I don't blame anyone who isn't. But for some reason that I can't deny, I'm intrigued again...at least for now.

5bb7577d250000360039e071.jpeg

Reactions: rjstf
I am genuinely excited for this Whisperer story line. So far they've really created a sense of terror.

As far as the rest. I just don't care until we get some flashbacks. I spend the whole time yelling at the tv. I have questions and I need answers.

Gotta say...I had been losing interest in the Walking Dead for a while now, and then w/Rick and Maggie's exits, I figured it would be the death blow. But I'm interested in the story line again. Can't explain it. I don't blame anyone who isn't. But for some reason that I can't deny, I'm intrigued again...at least for now.

5bb7577d250000360039e071.jpeg

I've enjoyed the reboot so far. I was getting sick of the old Rick, Daryl, Maggie, Michonne Dynamic anyways. This resets the characters they've kept and allows for new interesting stories.

I found it a bit strange that Maggie just disappeared without any real sendoff; she was a pretty major character through the years.

That said, I don't miss her, and have enjoyed the first couple of episodes after the time jump - especially last night. I look forward to the whisperers storyline, as well as finding out what the deal is with the X scars.

I think we all agree that the show has gone on way too long (and has no end in sight), but I am actually happy to see it go back to man vs walker. The man vs man storyline dragged out for so long. It's still ridiculous but it's easy to watch.

Real curious about the X scars on Michonne and Darryl, wonder who else.
I'm mildly interested in them. I'd be more curious if I didn't suspect they were some sort of self-inflicted tribute to Rick. If they turn out to be that, I'm going to be bummed.

I'm mildly interested in them. I'd be more curious if I didn't suspect they were some sort of self-inflicted tribute to Rick. If they turn out to be that, I'm going to be bummed.

I know the "tribute to Rick" thing is one of the theories, but to me it doesn't make sense. That thought seems to be based on the fact that the location of the scars is in about the same area of the body that Rick got impaled - but none of the survivors really have any way of knowing that. They never found his body, and none of them were with him at any point after he first fell off the horse (they were all on the other side of the river from him).

I know the "tribute to Rick" thing is one of the theories, but to me it doesn't make sense. That thought seems to be based on the fact that the location of the scars is in about the same area of the body that Rick got impaled - but none of the survivors really have any way of knowing that. They never found his body, and none of them were with him at any point after he first fell off the horse (they were all on the other side of the river from him).
Well a few schmoes on the internet say that...I'm thinking since they're showing the people that were closest to Rick with them, that's why it could be them. I don't buy the impaled in roughly the same place idea. That seems stupid.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Well a few schmoes on the internet say that...I'm thinking since they're showing the people that were closest to Rick with them, that's why it could be them. I don't buy the impaled in roughly the same place idea. That seems stupid.

There's not a comic related answer so no one other than the writers and actors really know, but I don't think it has anything to do with a tribute. I would assume that Michonne being so untrusting has to do with some group being accepted in and then revolting in between Ricks absence and the current timeframe. That could be Sanctuary falling apart or a completely new unknown group.

I think this has something to do with someone or some group they let in that went really bad. One of the reasons they don't let new people in.

I was thinking maybe she had spent time in prison after confronting the new girl about her prison tattoo.

Just got caught up on last night's mid-season finale. Pretty intense. Really surprised with this latest fan favorite death. I'm just glad it wasn't "dog."

Pretty lame how Negan got free.

Good episode though on the whole.

Just got caught up on last night's mid-season finale. Pretty intense. Really surprised with this latest fan favorite death. I'm just glad it wasn't "dog."

Negan is still alive?

Who died?

I assume someone intentionally left the cell unlocked for Negan? Kinda lame, but they need him out of the cell; he's one of the stronger characters remaining.
Maybe they'll resurrect the guy who got killed last night.

I'm pissed. And am thankful for the winter break.

I'm sick of them skirting around what happened to cause the break up of the "family". I'm sick of the same type of shit still happening 6 years later. I'm sick of them forcing Henry as the new Carl.

While the Whisperers introduction was scary and cool, they didn't need to kill off another main character. There are a hundred new people they are forcing on us that could have had the same impact.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
I'm pissed. And am thankful for the winter break.

I'm sick of them skirting around what happened to cause the break up of the "family". I'm sick of the same type of shit still happening 6 years later. I'm sick of them forcing Henry as the new Carl.

While the Whisperers introduction was scary and cool, they didn't need to kill off another main character. There are a hundred new people they are forcing on us that could have had the same impact.

From what I read, it was to some extent a decision by the actor; he was apparently bored with the limited involvement of the character & suggested that they kill him off

From what I read, it was to some extent a decision by the actor; he was apparently bored with the limited involvement of the character & suggested that they kill him off

That’s my understanding as well. The actor was done with playing a relatively one dimensional character mainly in the background.

And I’m fine that he’s still alive in the comics and not in the show, hopefully that will keep the King, Jerry and Eugene around a little bit longer than they made it in the comics.

Plus Carol died a longtime ago in the comics and while Andrea lasted a LONG time in the comics. The decision to keep one actress and axe another regardless of comic storylines was wise.

Reactions: FSUSarah
So I'm not missing an episode that explains why all the families are mad at each other?

I can't stand Michone.

The Whispers looked creepy AF. If they could focus on that, it might be interesting again. They'll probably drag that out for 4 seasons though, while we wait on Negan to find his bat.

Sorry to revive a zombie thread... but I literally just caught up with Walking Dead after it sat on my DVR for months. Walking Dead has become a show I leave on in the background while I browse facebook on my phone, so excuse the dumb question, but was Maggie actually not in this half of the season at all? I know they referenced her, but I don't remember if we saw her or not?

I haven't tuned in to any of the episodes this year... I'm not even certain I want to anymore. Has anybody watched it? Is it worth watching anymore, or still just more of the same?
As with nearly all televised dramas not based on printed work after season 4 the storylines tend to repeat and are boring

Sorry to revive a zombie thread... but I literally just caught up with Walking Dead after it sat on my DVR for months. Walking Dead has become a show I leave on in the background while I browse facebook on my phone, so excuse the dumb question, but was Maggie actually not in this half of the season at all? I know they referenced her, but I don't remember if we saw her or not?
I think she started a new show so it was only the brief reference of her.

So she's not going to be in the show moving forward, like Rick?
If I remember from talking dead they said something about not ruling her out for future appearances. I’d say someone could correct me if I’m wrong but with the current LR traffic not sure anyone else is out there. :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT