ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Storms - Sorry for Length, but Important *1/13/20 and FINAL UPDATE IN THREAD*

Just got a very nice thank you note from Josh. They need lots of prayers. Financial help is so important for this young family. Back to the top.
Agree. I continue to pray for them and spread the word to friends and family. I love that everyone has so much passion for helping these folks. So great for this FSU family to come together for a family in need!

Guys - another update from the family. They are so grateful to the NOLES but they don’t seem to know our family well enough.

Today’s challenge: go donate equal to the jersey number of your favorite Nole.

I’ve seen the way some of you talk about Blackmon, so let’s see a few $17s, a few $2s, a few $34s, hit em with some $50s and $55s, a few $9s and you softball NOLES don’t forget Jessica throwing some $99s.

Wow! We just wanted to say thank you. We are blown away and humbled by your generosity and appreciate your donation so very much which will go to paying for Karson's medical care. He has made lots of progress since his surgery but hit a bump and will need catherization to hopefully take care of a blood clot and increase his oxygen flows today. So we would appreciate any postive thoughts, vibes, or prayers that you would be willing to send his way.

Fear the Spear! Your FSU family has been so supportive and we can't thank you all enough! Karson is going to be a huge fan!

Thank you again.

Josh, Ashley, Kullen, and Karson

I donated as well. Breaks my heart to see the pics of Karson attached to SO many tubes/machines, the surgery on his little chest, and all the needle stick marks even though I know it's necessary. I hate that any child has to go thru this.

Love the way Nole Nation has responded to this. This family is carrying a heavy burden. Let's keep this going!

Go Noles!

Guys - another update from the family. They are so grateful to the NOLES but they don’t seem to know our family well enough.

Today’s challenge: go donate equal to the jersey number of your favorite Nole.

I’ve seen the way some of you talk about Blackmon, so let’s see a few $17s, a few $2s, a few $34s, hit em with some $50s and $55s, a few $9s and you softball NOLES don’t forget Jessica throwing some $99s.

Wow! We just wanted to say thank you. We are blown away and humbled by your generosity and appreciate your donation so very much which will go to paying for Karson's medical care. He has made lots of progress since his surgery but hit a bump and will need catherization to hopefully take care of a blood clot and increase his oxygen flows today. So we would appreciate any postive thoughts, vibes, or prayers that you would be willing to send his way.

Fear the Spear! Your FSU family has been so supportive and we can't thank you all enough! Karson is going to be a huge fan!

Thank you again.

Josh, Ashley, Kullen, and Karson
Absolutely love the “challenge” idea and hope everyone challenges themselves to follow through. It’s been an awesome thing for this family!

Glad this family has really felt the love and support from all of you!

Reactions: Nole Animal
Thanks for sharing, as a father to a special needs child and to two children who were in the NICU after birth this child’s plight is scary and the last thing the parents should have to worry about is how this will impact the family financially.

***1/3/20 Update***

Good morning everyone. Based on my running total that I hope is accurate, there has been $7,037 raised since we became aware of Karson's situation. Obviously, I'm not sure if 100% of those funds are from Nole fans and Warchant subscribers, but I think it's most likely safe to say that the majority of them are! This continues to be an overwhelmingly awesome thing. Each time I think this has lost a little interest and/or some momentum, there's a spike in donations and prayers for the family!

Based on Josh's (Karson's father) most recent update, it appears the catheter procedure went as well as they hoped, but Karson isn't out of the woods yet with his blood clot, but it is at least promising for now. I'm sure they appreciate our continued thoughts and prayers along with your awesome generosity you've provided so unselfishly!

Thanks again everyone for showing why we are proud to call ourselves part of the Seminole Family!

PS - Let's keep it going :)

As a father of two i can't imagine going through anything like this. It's refreshing to see what the FSU family is really about and helping one of the newest Noles in the family. I just donated and I see that they're at $28,214. Lets keep bumping this thread to the top until we can at least hit that $30K mark.

***1/4/20 Update***

Good morning everyone! As of now, we are sitting at $7,490 in donations! Their total is $28,830 (inching closer to $30k). After I donated another $28 in honor of Warrick Dunn, I received another response from Karson’s dad. They are just so appreciative of the love, support and prayers from everyone which makes me so proud to be apart of the Seminole family. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all!

Most importantly, the latest update is that Karson is seeing improvement from his latest procedure and they are hoping to get him out of critical care and into a slightly less ICU by early next week which would be an awesome step!

I am still loving the idea from @kcdtx to donate in honor of your favorite Nole’s jersey number (or 2 or 3 favorites if you want ;)).

Thanks again everyone!

Just got this note. Don't miss the PS. Please donate and -if you have already- consider making a second gift in honor of your favorite Nole's jersey number.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tyvau-team-baby-k

Joshua sent you a thank you for donating to Team Baby Karson

I feel as though I have already written a thank you to you from a previous donation :)

That being said, thank you again! As I have shared with some of the other Noles and specifically with Kade, the one who started this whole thing, your fan base has been absolutely wonderful and the support has been overwhelming. Every day, new donations roll in from FSU family members and we are just overwhelmed with emotion. It is so humbling that I can't really describe it. Karson had a really good today overall and got off the breathing tube from his procedure. His levels look solid and his trajectory is a positive one. When it is all said done, there is no way Karson won't be a fan of the Seminoles once we tell him about all of this family members that he has scattered around the country who were cheering him on through this whole journey!

Thank you again!

P.S. I love the creativeness of using Charlie Ward. Fun fact. Being 32 I wasn't really old enough to see him as a qb at FSU but I had a playstation when I was a kid and played alot of NBA Live 99. The Knicks were pretty stacked with Ewing, LJ, Houston, etc. But there was this guy #21 Ward who I would nail 3's with. This was before the internet so no idea who he was until I was in college and we busted it out again. What a coincidence!

Good morning. Just a reminder that this family is not out of the woods by any stretch. Baby K is making improvements but this family needs your financial backing. Our new S&C coach asked for support for his extended family. Let go Noles.

If you've got $5 left after holiday bills, help this family pay for their son's care and long-term needs. If you can't give, please click the link and send a message to this mother and father letting them know that this family- our FSU family - is raising them up in prayer. Unconquered!

DETAILS and DONATIONS: https://www.gofundme.com/f/tyvau-team-baby-k

42783084_1576958853268856_updates.jpg

Reactions: KadeS6
***1/5/20 Update***

Happy Sunday everyone! As of this morning, the donations are up to $7,710 (a total of $28,600). I know I continue to be a broken record, but Thank-you so much for your continued support for this family! It really shows the true heart of the Seminole Nation!

Also, they had a good update yesterday with Karson making progress and able to get in an actual crib for once (and a bath)! I’ll post the caring bridge site below so you can see the full updates on his progress as the gofundme doesn’t update his status as often. Like @kcdtx stated, Karson is far from being out of the woods, but glad to see he’s making progress and allowing the stress levels of Josh and Ashley to come down a bit!

In any case, if anyone wants to donate in honor of their favorite Seminole, anything would be appreciated! (Even if you’re favorite player was Dalvin, $4 is $4 more than they had before).

Thanks again and enjoy your Sunday. Also another big thanks to Warchant for letting this continue on here. The family (and even Coach Storms according to Karson’s father) can’t believe the outpouring of continued support (specifically from Warchant.com). They are so overwhelmed every time they check and see it continue to increase at the generosity of everyone here! All of you have made this place even more special than it already was!

Caring Bridge Page: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/babykirchner/journal

Last edited:
***1/6/20 Update***

Hey everyone. Just a quick heads up as to where things stand. $7,744 has now been raised since we were made aware of the situation. I thank everyone who has contributed and those who continue to bump the thread on Karson’s behalf! According to the latest update on his caring bridge page, he had another setback with more tests needed (along with medications and stress on the family). I appreciate you keeping them in your thoughts and prayers! You can also comment on their caring bridge page if you want to leave some encouragement.

Thanks again!

Caring Bridge Page: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/babykirchner/journal

Reactions: kcdtx and AmmoNole
Guys - This kid has the heart of lion. He's fought every day of his life just to make it into his parents arms and maybe one day go home. His recovery is going to cost tens of thousands. Let's not forget them or let them fight alone. Keep this family in your prayers.

DETAILS AND DONATIONS: https://www.gofundme.com/f/tyvau-team-baby-k

5e12c594d398d0e26d4688ac.jpg

***1/7/20 Update***

We currently sit at $7,939 in donations since the news of this. Again, not sure if all are from us, but it appears the majority are! There has been no new update on Karson since yesterday’s news so I hope/pray it’s the old “no news is good news”.

Thank you @kcdtx, @NoleFan2U and @Micco for keeping this thing bumped (among all the others who continue to donate unselfishly!).

I know momentum for this has plateaued a bit, but hoping it kicks back up. Continue to pray for this family as they need it! Thanks again everyone for your awesomeness (here goes the broken record again.. :)).

Reactions: kcdtx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT