ADVERTISEMENT

Jurassic World....

Too bad the science evolved about the time the first movie came out and what was thought to be velociraptor is really Deinonychus.
A velociraptor is only a bit larger than a chicken.

Of course, there would be no effort to update it in the movie series. Probably most of the writers and directors don't even know.

http://www.livescience.com/23922-velociraptor-facts.html

Reactions: dmm5157
Too bad the science evolved about the time the first movie came out and what was thought to be velociraptor is really Deinonychus.
A velociraptor is only a bit larger than a chicken.

Of course, there would be no effort to update it in the movie series. Probably most of the writers and directors don't even know.

http://www.livescience.com/23922-velociraptor-facts.html

There were at least three Raptor species bigger than humans. The Austroraptor which was 16.5 ft long, Utahraptor which was 16 ft long and Achillobator which is estimated at 16.5-19 ft. There were likely giant raptors similar to what was in Jurassic Park on every continent as Austroraptor was in South America and Australia, Utahraptor in North America and Achillobator in Mongolia.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Dromaeosaurid_parade_by_durbed.jpg

So you try to take zombie series AND a dinosaur movie seriously?

A coworker once told me he walked out of transformers because the scene where they're all hiding from the parents in the backyard was too unbelievable.

Soooo .... Alien robots speaking English who befriend a teenager .... And a girl who looks like Megan Fox falling for a normal, dorky version of Shai Labouf .... That's cool. But NO WAY they could just hide in a back yard!!!

OF COURSE IT'S MAKE BELIEVE!! But the REASON movies work is that you can bring your imagination into play where you can imagine yourself in that situation. "What would I do if a Zombie herd was around me"/ "How would I handle a T-Rex that was hunting me". When they put in scenes that just make absolutely no sense it kills the imagination and the film stops being fun.

Question: is there an opening for another movie? Didn't BD Wong's character escape?

Yes, he lives. And since Masrani died, I'm guessing it leaves things open moving forward.

Then again in their universe this is eff up #4. I'm sure they'll find a way to keep milking that cash cow. Can't be any worse than all the fast and furious movies they have now.

Jurassic World was just fine. Good show, that's about all I would ask of it.

I agree that Jurassic Park isn't exactly a cinema great. But I think people are slightly underrating it. Yes, you can't separate how breathtaking the special effects were, but they were also used incredibly well in the story. I think it's an excellent piece of popcorn filmmaking that is somewhat diminished now because the basic concept has been done over and over now.

I think we've also been conditioned that the stakes for any action movie must be nothing less than the existence of the world at MINIMUM, and better if the entire universe is in the balance. Personally, I can't stand that, and tend to check out in the last 30 minutes as a really cool character-focused popcorn flick transitions into a CGI battle for all life in the solar system. See Guardians of the Galaxy.

Give me a classic action flick where the stakes are pretty much just the characters you've taken an hour to develop, and you're going to hold me to the end. I enjoyed that Jurassic World did keep it tamped down a little, but it still couldn't help but drop the specter of the military weaponizing dinosaurs, just in case you don't care enough if Laura Dern's kids get eaten.

It's also one of the lesser-mentioned reasons Mad Max was so refreshing and rewarding to me.

Went back and rewatched the original. JW is a better movie. As many alluded to, some must be a enamored by the newer special effects at the time.

JW has a better plot, acting, and effects and it wasn't really close. Beyond surprised to see anyone say it "sucked." The movie was entertaining as it was supposed to be. You expecting Pulp Fiction type writing? It's a movie about dinosaurs.

I liked it a lot. Surprised more people didnt. It wasnt as good as the first but I wasnt expecting it to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT