ADVERTISEMENT

LaGrange College? Huntingdon College?

maddog69

All-American
Mar 29, 2002
What can you guys tell me about LaGrange College (LaGrange, GA) and Huntingdon College (Montgomery, AL)? Went with daughter to visit these colleges recently. She's a volleyball player and they are recruiting her. Was surprisingly impressed with both places. I love the smaller atmosphere that they provide. (No pics)

I have a friend that is a Spanish Prof at LaGrange. She loves the small school feel. Plenty of interaction with students. I want to say that the semester system there is a little different though.

I grew up in Montgomery, AL. The place is a hellhole. Huntingdon is a nice campus and a good school, though, from what I remember and have heard.

I grew up in Montgomery, AL. The place is a hellhole. Huntingdon is a nice campus and a good school, though, from what I remember and have heard.

Yeah, I wasn't pleased with Montgomery itself but the Huntingdon campus seemed pretty sheltered from the rest of the city.

I know a guy who is attending LaGrange. He likes it enough, he's a good kid. If the campus is littered with people like him, then you daughter will be in a good place...and I"m not saying that sarcastically.

I had an offer to play tennis at Huntingdon back in the late 90's. It was a really nice campus. In the end I really wanted to go to FSU so ended up going that route (and not playing tennis in college). I do wonder sometimes what it would have been like if I went there, but happy with my final decision.

LaGrange has a neat little downtown. Very little though.

Montgomery is an absolute pile of crap in every way. I couldn't live there.

Both schools are tiny and presumably offer a tight-knit culture.

I often wonder what it would've been like to attend a school like that instead of FSU.

I was recruited by both to play football years ago. Both have nice little campuses, town of Largange is nicer as mentioned. Huntingdon has a very good athletics program all around and their sports are funded well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT