ADVERTISEMENT

Lewis Mizen-Majorie Stoneman Douglas Survivor

FSUDoles

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2005
LBTS
Not a political discussion, but this well spoken senior from MSD is always interviewed (most recently this afternoon on CNN) rocking his Garnet and Gold Seminole attire. I feel it's fairly apparent he is Tallahassee bound and The Florida State University is getting a good one. That is all....

Hadn't heard of him but googled him and sure enough, he's wearing an FSU zip up hoodie. Good man.

Been through a lot already, would be glad to have him at FSU.

Yea 80 future Seminoles from that school this year. I heard they were the 6th largest feeder high school for FSU.
That’s crazy. I knew it was considered a good high school but I never would have guessed any one school would have that many students headed to FSU.

There are 80 students at that school headed to FSU or am I reading that wrong?

I was also wondering, as it seemed disproportionate, so I asked. They did not respond. I found this later. The total is accepted, not enrolled.

Atwell, in Broward County for an alumni networking event Thursday night, went to the school to deliver bound copies of the 250 letters of support national alumni had written to share with the 80 Douglas students who have been accepted to FSU this fall.

Thompson, a die-hard supporter who earned undergraduate and graduate degrees from FSU in 1993 and 1994, invited Atwell to his office, for a brief chat.

Besides Leon County, Broward sends more graduates to FSU than any county in the state.

This spring, there are 216 Douglas students enrolled, including 204 undergraduates. In addition, there are eight graduate students, two in the College of Medicine, one in the College of Law and one in non-degree graduate level courses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT