ADVERTISEMENT

Live Updates: FSU vs. Oklahoma in Women's College World Series Championship (Game 1)

Ump is giving that off-the-plate and away strike enough (not every time, which is frustrating) that FSU has to adjust its approach.

• Angry
Reactions: NoleLizards
Coleman pops out to Edenfield, who is up against the screen behind home plate in foul ground

Really nice ceremony between innings as cancer survivors stand on the field and are honored. It's strike out cancer night.

Two errors already for Oklahoma. FSU's speed definitely playing a factor in that. Forcing OU to play close to perfect and the Sooners' defense is pressing.

Flaherty grounds out to 1B, runners in scoring position now with two out

Leonard up

Leonard hits one down the line that is foul, then strikes out swinging

Middle 4th, 0-0

Hansen RBI double to CF

Bahl is the pinch-runner who scored

1-0 Oklahoma

Torres reaches on the Reid error. Edenfield should have called her off there

3-0 Oklahoma

No reason to make that throw. So close to getting out of it with just two allowed and that's a brutal swing.

At this point, we won't see Kat Sandercock tonight unless FSU ties this one up or takes the lead. No reason to.

I think that should be Edenfield's play all the way. To field it and to judge if you should throw it to first

Reactions: CurtWeiler
Game over when you keep your best pitcher in the dug out. Again.
Hindsight being 20-20, maybe should have brought in Kat there. But it seems Lonni has been pretty adamant that Kat will either start or close. Don't think she's been used in middle relief much. And I will say that the more times Oklahoma sees her, the tougher it will be for her.

I’d love to see FSU come back and kick their ass to win the natty. Something about OU being really good/cocky, having home field advantage, and FSU bats being cold is annoying me more than it should.

I’m still extremely salty we let Josh Heupel take a natty from us and it’s carrying over to women’s softball in 2023.

• Angry
FSU keeping it close enough that Bahl has to keep pitching would be a plus. A rested Kat Sandercock vs. a less-rested OU ace would be a perk for FSU tomorrow night.

Muffley secures the tough hop on the grounder, gets the out 6-3

Runner to 2B

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT