ADVERTISEMENT

Miss State fan...

jforte_06fsu

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I was checking out of the Columbia outlet in Destin yesterday, purchasing my wife a new FSU rain jacket (which is sweet by the way), and the cashier saw my FSU shirt and what I was purchasing and said "Y'all ready to get whipped on Labor Day?"

So, of course, I chuckled and said, "You must be either an Ole Miss fan or UF fan?" He said, "Nah, I am a Miss State fan..." So, of course, I laughed even harder and came back with "Who is Mississippi State? I have never heard of that school? Where is it located?" He didn't have a response for that.

So, I pressed him about why he would actually be rooting for his rival against a team that his team never faces? Or why would he ever root for his rival at all?

He said, "I keep it within the SEC." So I quickly responded with, "Well, that's a given, everyone knows the incestuous acts that occurs in deep Mississippi and other SEC territories." He had no clue what I meant by that.

He went on to say that we won't just lose, but Ole Miss will put a whoopin' on us. So, I chuckled again and asked why he thought that strongly? His response was the typical "Well, we play in the SEC, especially the West, and you play in the easiest conference in college football."

I stopped the conversation right there with the final comment of "Since Jimbo took over, he is 7-1 against the mighty SEC with beating the SEC West in the 2013 National Championship, and will be 8-1 come Labor Day..."

Just thought I would share, but all Noles fans have experienced this at least once in your lifetimes...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News