ADVERTISEMENT

Monday practice updates -- LIVE from IMG Academy (updates w/video interviews)

iraschoffel

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jul 13, 2014
Good morning! Gene, Aslan and Corey are down in Bradenton this morning to cover FSU practice at the IMG Academy. I will be joining them for the final two days, Wednesday and Thursday.

Coach Taggart and some players are scheduled to speak with the media. That is scheduled to begin around 7:15. So look for updates and video interviews shortly after that.

Then they will post some more updates after viewing the part of practice that is open to the media. So check back throughout the day.

------------

Just got done with interviews before practice. We talked to Hockman, Blackman, McKitty, Aguayo and Taggart.

There was a lot of discussion about practicing at IMG. Taggart says he didn't really see it as a recruiting advantage because it's a dead period and the HS football players aren't allowed to even watch the practices.

McKitty was asked if a school had done this while he was at school at IMG would it have affected his decision? He pointed out that Michigan did it during the spring of 2016.

"And I'm not at Michigan," he said with a laugh.

Taggart said freshman wideouts Warren Thompson, Tre'Shaun Harrison and Keyshawn Helton have all stood out in the first week. He said D.J. Matthews is improving physically and hopefully getting closer to 100 percent.

Blackman said he's been impressed by all the freshmen, but made sure to point out that freshman DT Robert Cooper has really stood out. He also said we're going to be surprised by how good the offensive line is.

Hockman says their isn't much conversation in the meeting room on where the QBs stand in the competition. Asked where he thinks he stands he said, "I('d) like to say I'm the front runner but you never know." Says he believes the ability to run at the QB spot is an important threat in this offense. Hockman singled out Keyshawn Helton as a freshman WR who has stood out.

We'll have more updates throughout the morning from the open portion of practice.

-----------------------------

Injured players sitting out beginning of practice:

Carlos Becker
Cole Minshew
Christian Meadows
Amari Gainer
Zaquandre White
Josh Kaindoh
Cedric Wood

All except Gainer were still doing work on the side.

Corey Martinez was working with the 1s at right guard with Minshew out. No idea severity of Minshew injury ... but he was going pretty hard on the bike off to the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News