ADVERTISEMENT

Nigel Bradham arrested

Honestly, how hard is it to just buy your own gun and move to Colorado?
A bit harder now that he is facing multiple felonies charges. So I don’t know which I prefer to think in this case. Poor impulse control and stupidity or complete arrogant narcissism to think that this was a good idea.

Reactions: Random_John
Victimless to you as long as it doesn’t end up in your teenage son or nephew’s lungs.
Sure my man how about the many other more dangerous drugs that kids do . Weed is Childs play in regards to what we all should worry about. I'd rather have my son have a edible or a toke than a fentanyl laced opiate . Or having him drunk behind the wheel. Maybe you can put on greatest American hero outfit and go champion good decisions.

Unfortunately, laws don't work that way. Until legislation is changed at a state and federal level, these things will happen.

While I do agree it needs to be legalized, people that deal drugs very seldom are involved in just the sale of marijuana. I have yet to be involved in a drug bust that was just someone selling weed. And to be honest, the majority of cops I work with want nothing to do with weed offenses (they rarely get prosecuted anyways). It's used as a means to bring down the individuals selling illegal firearms, human trafficking, and many other major offenses.

I have two friends who smoke over a pound a week. 3 pounds ain’t even a month supply for them
giphy.gif

I know man. Its crazy. Also, how are you going to be smoking it while transporting it?? Not that I ever would, but if I was carrying 3 lbs of drugs, plus a stolen firearm I'd be doing the speed limit. Dead sober. License plate/registration good to go. Double check the tail lights. Hell, just go ahead and swap out the bulbs for good measure.

This is my kind of humor.

He probably wasn't selling it but over a certain about of grams the police are going to say you are selling no matter what.
Not the case. I didn't read the article but they only get you with intent to distribute if you have the other articles to indicate that... baggies, scale, bank rolls...stuff like that

Unfortunately, laws don't work that way. Until legislation is changed at a state and federal level, these things will happen.

While I do agree it needs to be legalized, people that deal drugs very seldom are involved in just the sale of marijuana. I have yet to be involved in a drug bust that was just someone selling weed. And to be honest, the majority of cops I work with want nothing to do with weed offenses (they rarely get prosecuted anyways). It's used as a means to bring down the individuals selling illegal firearms, human trafficking, and many other major offenses.
You can't say truthful things like that, people in here will just call you names.

I am a homicide detective. People who call marijuana dealing a "victimless crime" would be horrified to know the percentage of homicides that are marijuana related. I mean truly horrified.

Sadly, I've seen it many of times and for some reason it still amazes me.

Weed? Eh... It's still illegal at that amount but there are worse crimes. A stolen gun though? Why? He's got the resources to fill an arsenal legally. That to me is the real stupid decision

Very stupid to arrest someone over weed. It should be legal anyway. Now the stolen gun is problematic

I have two friends who smoke over a pound a week. 3 pounds ain’t even a month supply for them
I have been trying to process this. I can’t. I just can’t. Pound a week? Holy shit. I could never do that because I’d be too stoned to keep smoking. Your friends have a problem. Or are a new step on the evolutionary chain. I don’t know. But that’s insane.

I have been trying to process this. I can’t. I just can’t. Pound a week? Holy shit. I could never do that because I’d be too stoned to keep smoking. Your friends have a problem. Or are a new step on the evolutionary chain. I don’t know. But that’s insane.
It’s a pound between the two of them. But yea, it’s insane. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen them not stoned.

• Wow
Reactions: AllNoles
A speeding ticket is careless. A stolen gun and 3 pounds of weed is gang banging stuff and will get you jail time every time. What was he going to do with that gun?

Just a poor choice of words on my part. i should have said foolish.
I can't say what his intentions were, but he clearly wasn't using his head.
I was not downplaying his actions, at all.

Last edited:
LOL. Nigel is a multi-millionaire.

What about the stolen gun and the unregistered car? Having a hard time seeing any racial or poverty angle here.
I can easily see a racial angle, but I like to wait for facts before jumping to a conclusion.

The angle, would be a case of DWB, though. You see a Black dude driving a Vette and decide to run his plates? I didn’t see any mention in the article about any behavior that warranted running his plates. Then like the other guy said, using the smell of weed as an excuse to search people and property has started to be nixed in a number of states. Marijuana criminalization is a dumb law that is all about institutionalized slavery.

That being said, Nigel should have taken his opportunity and never looked back. Whether it’s his drugs and gun or someone else’s, it shouldn’t have been in his car. If he was smart with his money, he should be very rich. Move yourself to a state where it’s legal, or get a medical card. Buy a legal gun. All very simple actions.

On the surface it's inexplicable that Nigel would put himself in this situation but then there is the reality of youth gangs in this area running drugs, commiting crimes and shooting each other on a weekly basis. It appears Nigel was drawn into that cultural norm. I believe it's driven by a sad history of poverty, racial conflict, hopelessness and broken families. Solutions are hard to come by, we should let Nigel have his day in court before reaching conclusions.

I know man. Its crazy. Also, how are you going to be smoking it while transporting it?? Not that I ever would, but if I was carrying 3 lbs of drugs, plus a stolen firearm I'd be doing the speed limit. Dead sober. License plate/registration good to go. Double check the tail lights. Hell, just go ahead and swap out the bulbs for good measure.

Which commandment was it, never get high on your own supply…

I work in the recreational and medical thc market as a scientist.
There are 1360g in that 3 lbs.
Of course quantity consumed is highly user dependent but most 'servings' are between 1/3 of a gram and 1 gram. That math works out to 1360-4080 'servings'.
Most heavy consumers I know will tell you 'flower is for pu--ies' and opt for concentrates where the thc concentration is generally greater than 90%. It's much easier to carry around a 90%+ concentrate than 3 pounds of flower.

Reactions: squiffynole
We had an Investigator when I worked in the State Attorney's Office that used to say we should have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree stupidity to go along with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree felonies/misdemeanors. He wasn't wrong.
My older son, who isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, was in court a few years ago and my wife sat in on the morning session. From what she told me of the RANK STUPIDITY of some of these people they were parading in there was unbelievable. If I was a judge I’d consider putting a bullet in my head.

My older son, who isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, was in court a few years ago and my wife sat in on the morning session. From what she told me of the RANK STUPIDITY of some of these people they were parading in there was unbelievable. If I was a judge I’d consider putting a bullet in my head.
Yep, common sense is frequently in short supply. It's how they wind up in trouble to begin with. You just want to shake them and say WTH were you thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT