ADVERTISEMENT

NuTrek 3: The Beyondening gets a new trailer as does the old universe Star Trek reboot

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
"Why does God Need a Motorcycle?"

We'll find out more in NuTrek 3: The Beyondening.

Then earlier last week the new teaser trailer for the CBS re-re-imagining but in the old timeline came out. The only interesting thing is that I mentions new crews (PLURAL), so it seems to confirm the rumors that it will not be on series following a set crew but an anthology series in line with American Horror Story or really more like Fargo where each season is its own thing. Doesn't matter anyways as it's going to bomb as it will only be shown after the pilot on CBS new pay to play streaming service and the last Star Trek series Enterprise couldn't get people to watch it for free.

Finally to complete the Star Trek trifecta, it seems like CBS and Paramount are dropping their lawsuit against the fan film company that created a full $1 million dollar fan film. Truthfully it looks better or at least more "Star Trek" than NuTrek 3: The Beyondening. Here's the short outtake/promo reel for Axanar which looks like it's now going to be released.

I've really liked the Star Trek reboot, it blew my mind that it's worked as well as it did.

I can see both sides of it. I found both of the NuTreks very entertaining, well cast and with great special effects and action sequences. But I totally understand where the true Trekkies are coming from in that none of the NuTrek were cerebral enough to have the typical authentic "Trek" feel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT