ADVERTISEMENT

OSHA weighs in on science

Back at is just for me. I don't want a debate so let's just say go Noles.

I am happy that the moderators left this thread alive. I do like hearing other perspectives on this. We both have access to the same information go Noles again.
Your point about the moderators really is important. There is disagreement on so many subjects on this board. But it is civil. We need this. Civil discourse is incredibly important. These discussions are important. In the last year or two I have learned more than I could ever disagree with. Which leads back to civility. There are good people contributing to these threads, which makes for fun discussion. Wish it would get back to the level of the old Locker Room. Maybe not the RC.

Last edited:
I fired 3 people from my firm last week for failure to vaccinate. And I’ll fire plenty more. They certainly have a right not to vaccinate and I certainly have the right to not have them work for me.
Great Decision Stalin.

Never seen so many grown folks so scared of a vaccination. Bet they all put 60-70 vaccinations into their children. But, what is really funny is that these folks apparently don't see the worldwide demographic shift that will decrease the amount of workers available significantly going forward. China is first, Europe next, then US.
That is ok. I have never seen so many willing to put an experimental gene therapy (as patented) in their body without informed consent of what is in the product. COVID still shows a 99.95% survival rate for most. Average age of death is 77 in the US last I saw. I got COVID from a vaccinated person (that still got it), and I survived. After all, what is the point of getting the vaccine if you still need to wear a mask, social distance, can catch COVID, end up in the hospital (as shown in Israel and other highly vaccinated areas), die from COVID, and as a added bonus get a lifechanging adverse effect such as myocardial infarction, Bells Palsy to name a few.

I have no issue with people choosing to take the vaccine, free of coercion and preferably with maximum accurate data.

I'm against the OSHA mandate, and believe the CDC (among others) has been less than transparent throughout. Perhaps inflating numbers at times. They've apparently refused to collect and/or make available pretty important data as well.

IMO, the CDC unnecessarily played fast and loose with definitions and cause of death determinations.

I doubt they were crazy valued. Let's assume that you are the owner or managing partner of a law firm. If one of those individuals was bringing in 20% of your revenue and 20% of your profit you would not fire them.

As documented by others who do more research then me your eight-year-old has a 0% chance of dying from covid unless he is comorbid.
Your post is devastating in its ignorance. My profile is right in my avatar. Not hard to figure out who I am. And yes, managing partner of my law firm. There are 3 people who bring in 100% of the firm's cases. But the idea that other employees cannot be "crazy valued" demonstrates what kind of employer/manager you are. My life is materially more difficult for their departures. They made us a better firm, and were loved by all, including me. Once actually chose to leave for non-covid/vaccine issues. I begged them to stay. Offered them all kinds of options. They made a decision. But its my business and I am entitled to set the criteria.

And suppose my son does have co-morbidities. Cancer, or other diseases. Ok, to just make him spend the rest of his life in a bubble because his father has ignorant employees?

Moreover, if you think that the only ramifications of Covid are death, you are an idiot.

I have no issue with people choosing to take the vaccine, free of coercion and preferably with maximum accurate data.

I'm against the OSHA mandate, and believe the CDC (among others) has been less than transparent throughout. Perhaps inflating numbers at times. They've apparently refused to collect and/or make available pretty important data as well.

IMO, the CDC unnecessarily played fast and loose with definitions and cause of death determinations.
^^^^It’s the “misinformation age.” People spewing (or spinning) rhetoric — or manipulating data — to advance an agenda. Happens everywhere, on both sides of every issue. Objectively determining the actual truth is frequently hard to do, and exhausting.

The mainstream media, and government agencies, are among the worst offenders.

That is ok. I have never seen so many willing to put an experimental gene therapy (as patented) in their body without informed consent of what is in the product. COVID still shows a 99.95% survival rate for most. Average age of death is 77 in the US last I saw. I got COVID from a vaccinated person (that still got it), and I survived. After all, what is the point of getting the vaccine if you still need to wear a mask, social distance, can catch COVID, end up in the hospital (as shown in Israel and other highly vaccinated areas), die from COVID, and as a added bonus get a lifechanging adverse effect such as myocardial infarction, Bells Palsy to name a few.
This comment confuses me.
1. It doesn't address directly my comment.
2.If refers to the vaccine as experimental which is not accurate.
3. It then veers off into what is already clear and I have pointed out all along in these threads about the odds of getting infected.
4. It doesn't put into perspective how often side effects occur.
5. And getting back to my point; it doesn't compare this vaccines side effects to side effects on any of the other vaccinations the CDC vaccine schedule encourages/mandates.

CDC vaccine protocol is more than 71 vaccinations from age 0 to age 18. All these vaccines have side effects and create vaccine injuries. The vast majority of people take their kids to their pediatrician, whom get financial incentives to vaccinate, and get them vaccinated without looking at the ingredients, reading the side effects, looking at the data of vaccine injuries, etc. My point was and is why now do they suddenly decide that vaccines are too risky to take?

mRNA technology was first done in 1987. (https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w). Since then it has found a wide variety of commercial uses including now vaccines. During the 2000s much capital was put into developing commercial uses and in 2011 a major breakthrough occurred which opened up its use significantly. The vaccines themselves, were put through the same testing protocol as any other medicine. Medicine evolves over time. mRNA technology, like all other technological advances is developed over a period of time and in the case of medicine is tested in animals and eventually humans intensely. Virtually every piece of medicine that is prescribed by MDs is either newly developed or has changed significantly over the last 20 years including all vaccines. To say that the mRNA vaccines are experimental is just factually wrong. To say that the pandemic brought on intense and copious testing of the vaccine is accurate. And finally, that is not an excuse for not getting vaccinated as there are several "old school" vaccines available including the J&J in this country.
In the vaccine world the mRNA is one of the safest vaccines in use. The one with the most side effects and the most vaccine injuries?? The flu vaccine. (as demonstrated by the vaccine court payouts to vaccine injured individuals).

FYI--- The vaccine court has paid out almost $5 Billion over the last 20 years to vaccine injured individuals. The odds of getting a settlement from the vaccine court are 1 out of every million vaccinations. The odds of getting an injury from a vaccine are several times more as the court has stringent requirements. Estimates are 1 out of every 250,000 to 1 out of every 500,000 vaccines cause injury.-------

Finally, I am not a proponent of vaccine mandates, none of them. However, we have had vaccine mandates for a long time. The military, schools, and health care facilities have all had vaccine mandates. We have just gone through a time period where politicians (usually right wing ones) have demanded mandates for the MMR vaccine due to small outbreaks of measles in select communities or from visitors to Disney Land. I felt that was wrong then. We haven't had a death from measles in decades in the US. But we do have quite a few from Covid. So I understand why there is a call for mandates for Covid vaccination.

Last edited:
So do you believe in free enterprise or not? I chuckle at the communist reference. You are pro or con on business regulation? Simple question.
This is just my opinion. I'm not trying to start a fight, but since we're all just being honest about this Covid outbreak, here's my rant........

There hasn't been anymore people affected, and/or died as a result of Covid, than there was from the Flu.

Check the stats for 2019/2020 for how many deaths there were from the flu. Hint: There were a lot more deaths from the flu reported prior to Covid than there was during Covid. Apparently, no one came down with the flu during the entire Covid Outbreak. It magically went away.

We've had people die in motorcycle accidents that have been reported as dying as a result of Covid complications. The Federal Mandates regarding this is a way of controlling people. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who has died from the flu since Covid was first reported.

Business Regulations do not include forcing subordinates to give up their freedoms by implied force (i.e., threat of being fired) due to you're mandates or the governments. Business Regulations are put in place as basically a Policy/Procedure for clothing to wear, how to conduct yourself with the public, etc. Not put an unknown experimental substance into your bloodstream or I (Liberal Boss) will take away you're families means to make a living.

People who are in a position of Authority (business owners, government, etc.) are making decisions based upon themselves being frightened, the media sensationalizing something no more lethal than the common flu, or the Government trying to control citizens.

The so called vaccinations do not keep you from getting and/or spreading Covid. If it did, everyone vaccinated wouldn't get it. Everyone who was vaccinated for Smallpox, never got Smallpox. If the vaccination allows you to still get and spread the disease, what is the point of the vaccine, other than "Control."

I've already had Covid and Pneumonia during this season. I've missed every game (with Season Tickets) so I didn't get around anyone else and spread it. According to my Doctor, I have basically a 10 month natural immunity. At the end of that time period, I'll make a decision on whether to get a vaccine or not; but it will be based upon the information I can obtain about side affects, and/or long term information. Not by fear or what the media reports or what my spineless boss thinks, or the governments mandate. Since I'm not an attorney I can't pick and choose who I come in contact with.

I've already had my City (employer) decide their going to mandate everyone having the vaccination to keep their job. Fortunately, we have a very good Union who obtained a Court Order for that not to take place.

Unfortunately or Fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I'm a First Responder who was in contact with thousands of people during this time period. I didn't catch Covid from anyone I was helping. I caught it in September at my mother's birthday party. It was basically a long bout with flu like symptoms. And yes, I am over 60 and have diabetes, artery disease, and didn't die.

My question, is without knowing the long term implications of this vaccine, how can you expect everyone to just sign up to have this experimental drug put in the their body....Not only that, but to have people in authority to force you to have it injected into you, or lose your job.

You're right about it being you're business and you're decision....too bad, there's not a requirement in place to force people in authority to have common sense about Covid. Let's Go Brandon!!

GO NOLES!!!!!!!

This is just my opinion. I'm not trying to start a fight, but since we're all just being honest about this Covid outbreak, here's my rant........

There hasn't been anymore people affected, and/or died as a result of Covid, than there was from the Flu.

Check the stats for 2019/2020 for how many deaths there were from the flu. Hint: There were a lot more deaths from the flu reported prior to Covid than there was during Covid. Apparently, no one came down with the flu during the entire Covid Outbreak. It magically went away.

We've had people die in motorcycle accidents that have been reported as dying as a result of Covid complications. The Federal Mandates regarding this is a way of controlling people. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who has died from the flu since Covid was first reported.

Business Regulations do not include forcing subordinates to give up their freedoms by implied force (i.e., threat of being fired) due to you're mandates or the governments. Business Regulations are put in place as basically a Policy/Procedure for clothing to wear, how to conduct yourself with the public, etc. Not put an unknown experimental substance into your bloodstream or I (Liberal Boss) will take away you're families means to make a living.

People who are in a position of Authority (business owners, government, etc.) are making decisions based upon themselves being frightened, the media sensationalizing something no more lethal than the common flu, or the Government trying to control citizens.

The so called vaccinations do not keep you from getting and/or spreading Covid. If it did, everyone vaccinated wouldn't get it. Everyone who was vaccinated for Smallpox, never got Smallpox. If the vaccination allows you to still get and spread the disease, what is the point of the vaccine, other than "Control."

I've already had Covid and Pneumonia during this season. I've missed every game (with Season Tickets) so I didn't get around anyone else and spread it. According to my Doctor, I have basically a 10 month natural immunity. At the end of that time period, I'll make a decision on whether to get a vaccine or not; but it will be based upon the information I can obtain about side affects, and/or long term information. Not by fear or what the media reports or what my spineless boss thinks, or the governments mandate. Since I'm not an attorney I can't pick and choose who I come in contact with.

I've already had my City (employer) decide their going to mandate everyone having the vaccination to keep their job. Fortunately, we have a very good Union who obtained a Court Order for that not to take place.

Unfortunately or Fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I'm a First Responder who was in contact with thousands of people during this time period. I didn't catch Covid from anyone I was helping. I caught it in September at my mother's birthday party. It was basically a long bout with flu like symptoms. And yes, I am over 60 and have diabetes, artery disease, and didn't die.

My question, is without knowing the long term implications of this vaccine, how can you expect everyone to just sign up to have this experimental drug put in the their body....Not only that, but to have people in authority to force you to have it injected into you, or lose your job.

You're right about it being you're business and you're decision....too bad, there's not a requirement in place to force people in authority to have common sense about Covid. Let's Go Brandon!!

GO NOLES!!!!!!!
Good lord the level of ignorance in this post is startling. I also think it is hysterical that you are a member of a union. And you need to get a better handle on what constitutes opinion vs. facts.

Good lord the level of ignorance in this post is startling. I also think it is hysterical that you are a member of a union. And you need to get a better handle on what constitutes opinion vs. facts.
Yeah, because you're rocking posts with significant facts (NOT).

Absolutely, but not to the extent it harms the employees of this nation. Big tech, pharma, etc giving their entire employee base an ultimatum or their jobs are ALL on the line just isn't right and it's un-american.

No one knows if these vaccines are safe down the road. Two three years down the road and who knows what will show up. These vaccines should have been researched and tested for at least five years. I cringe thinking what this might be doing to little children who have no say in their future. An employee can tell his company to go to hell, but these kids can't.

That's my final say, no more responses. To argue this stuff is pointless. No one wins.

all
Pointless, huh? Whether or not they are safe down the road doesn’t matter if you’re DEAD, like my Dad. He died last December about 3 weeks before he had a chance to get the vaccine. He died in a rehab facility after testing negative twice over a 3 week period. He didn’t arrive infected, SOMEBODY infected him. At some point, someone was careless, reckless or both. But hey, it’s all about freedom, right? Wrong! None of this was ever about freedom. It’s still about responsibility. Thank God people like you weren’t around in 1940……we would have lost WW2.

Reactions: NoleSince1961
Truly sorry about your dad, that's so sad. No, it's not about freedom, it's about one political party trying to control individuals lives and culture.

As for the snide remark about I would have been a part of losing WW2, you are dead wrong about that, also. I would have championed us getting in the war in 1939. That's when we could have choked off Hitler at his beginning. Instead, we double dealed Churchill and England and left them to suffer untold miseries for years by themselves.

Reactions: SteveT1
ADVERTISEMENT