ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno Legacy Offically Over-Unsealed Court Documents

noleclone2

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 4, 2015
"A newly unsealed report from a risk-management expert found six different instances where sexual abuse allegations against former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky were either witnessed by other coaches or reported to university officials, including a 1976 allegation where one alleged victim made a report directly to head coach Joe Paterno."

Most had heard the 1976 allegations but now you can actually read the 2014 testimony:

The victim, who was identified in court records as John Doe 150, said that while he was attending a football camp at Penn State, Sandusky touched him as he showered. Sandusky’s I EDITED OUT TO NOT MAKE READERS SICK, Doe testified in court in 2014, and the victim asked to speak with Paterno about it. Doe testified that he specifically told Paterno that Sandusky had sexually assaulted him, and Paterno ignored it.

“Is it accurate that Coach Paterno quickly said to you, ‘I don’t want to hear about any of that kind of stuff, I have a football season to worry about?’” the man’s lawyer asked him in 2014.

“Specifically. Yes . . . I was shocked, disappointed, offended. I was insulted. . . I said, is that all you’re going to do? You’re not going to do anything else?”

Paterno, the man testified, just walked away.

Wow. What a POS.

http://deadspin.com/unsealed-court-documents-sandusky-abuse-allegation-was-1783508016

I think they should change it to where he's at one of his camps watching Jerry (sporting wood) engaged in a big tickle fight with the campers. Makes it more realistic. Go State

Q81wC7W.gif

And to think at one time long, long ago jopa was admired. I think no more of him now than I do of some random terrorist. Statues, wins, records should all be blown to bits, along with a few terrorists.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Over/under on the number of days before the Paterno family comes out with a statement claiming that the victim lied.

"Joe Pa can't defend himself...Joe Pa's actions have been upheld every time he was challenged...Joe Pa wouldn't have defended a child molester he knew about, Sandusky swindled him...blah blah blah".

They'll give the same BS excuse they've been providing the entire time. Meanwhile the only way my opinion has changed was the opposite. I've went from just thinking Joe Pa was an Art Briles style of coach ie overlook everything for the sake of the program. To now I'm actually fairly convinced Joe Pa must have been personally involved in the pedophila and was an active member of the Penn State alum/Pedo Ring they've somewhat managed to cover up by throwing Sandusky under the bridge. But there's too much evidence of interstate boy-sex slave trading in that city to assume it was just Sandusky and one or two other pedos. It was a full Eyes Wide Shut cult.

I still believe there was a pedophile ring that PSU boosters used to curry large donations to the football program and school and Sandusky was a small piece of the puzzle.

I still believe there was a pedophile ring that PSU boosters used to curry large donations to the football program and school and Sandusky was a small piece of the puzzle.
I thought that sort of conjecture seemed silly. But honestly, about the only way I can imagine turning a blind eye to such things is the fact that many were a part of it. Including maybe old JoePa. Seriously, we all have friends and we all have careers but none of us would turn a blind eye to such things.... unless.....

"Paterno" should become synonymous with "garbage." Just a horrible human being.

Even before this whole saga unfolded, I always thought he was a rude, brusque, obnoxious Brooklynite. The northeast media always shrugged it off as him "just being a fierce competitor." Nope, the guy was pure scum from the get-go.

Any Penn State fan who can't believe these guys turned a blind eye should examine the Roman Catholic Church Pedo Scandal. These were PRIESTS for heaven's sake and THEY turned a blind eye. Somehow these damn football coaches are more honorable than priests? ROFL.

I don't get how all these coaches could see stuff but nobody said anything. We're they afraid of Sandusky? Afraid of Paterno?

Awful.

I thought I was pulling for the good guys in the 86 championship game; turns out I was pulling for the devil.

Reactions: noleclone2
Does make you wonder if the NCAA will change the punishment in light of new details. As, undoing the relaxation on the punishment, or reinstating something. Or if the NCAA views it as done.

I would think the family is done protesting, any thing they say now just seems like victim blaming and doesn't help their position. Everyone not a PSU fan sees his guilt/involvement. Even most PSU fans see it, only the die hard football fans are holding onto the legacy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT