ADVERTISEMENT

Pet Peeves - Things that Annoy You

surfnole

Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
I will start.

People who buy lottery tickets. I buy one every now and then. The buyers who I am referring to are those that come in with a few winners and then make purchase multiple tickets for multiple game, and then they buy for multiple people requiring multiple cash transactions. Soon the cashier line is backing up. Publix has a special line for lotto buyers, and that is a good thing.

Another is people with service dogs. For most it seems little more than an excuse to take their dog wherever they want with no real medical necessity. The worst are those who don't train there service animals, and they jump up on people, bark indoors etc. Any dog owner should train their dog to not jump on people. This can knock over and injure an elderly person or give a guy a blow to the nuts.

Backing into parking spots
Driving with fog lights on when there's no fog
Not using turn signals
Needy or overly whiney and complaining types
Nose blowing in public (restaurants especially) if its ok why cant I fart in front of you?
Snooty people or those that like to brag in general especially about who they are or what they have (nobody cares)
Moody or bitchy people.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Backing into parking spots
Driving with fog lights on when there's no fog
Not using turn signals
Needy or overly whiney and complaining types
Nose blowing in public (restaurants especially) if its ok why cant I fart in front of you?
Snooty people or those that like to brag in general especially about who they are or what they have (nobody cares)
Moody or bitchy people.
Guess you won't like me much.

1.) Aggressive atheists

2.) People who think they are experts in every field and aren't

3.) Selfish people who only talk about themselves

4.) People who disagree with everything you say

5.) People who are obsessed with politics but don't do any activism or anything about it

6.) Anti-vaxxers

Reactions: Seminoles70
People who use the self-checkout lines at grocery stores with full grocery carts. Self-checkout should be for people with five items - maybe ten at the most. If it takes you longer than a minute to do self-checkout, you have too many items for it, go to a regular lane.

1.) Aggressive atheists

5.) People who are obsessed with politics but don't do any activism or anything about it

6.) Anti-vaxxers

What’s your beef with anti-vaxxers?

You talking anti Covid or anti everything?

Edit: not getting into a vax debate. But for those that don’t believe in it, let natural selection do it’s thing

Last edited:
People who use the self-checkout lines at grocery stores with full grocery carts. Self-checkout should be for people with five items - maybe ten at the most. If it takes you longer than a minute to do self-checkout, you have too many items for it, go to a regular lane.
LOL. That's not what self-checkout is for at all. They are not 10 items or less express lanes. If that annoys you, you are in for a world of hurt. Most stores are going that route now. I guess you don't shop at Costco?

Tip jars at takeout joints. I should subtract 3 bucks on the slip for picking it up myself.

I would add tipping to my list… I swear I’m tipping for things that I didn’t years ago.. or at least being asked to

Went to a MLB game the other day.. went to a concession stand for a slice of pizza and here’s what played out.

Wait in line for my turn, grab a pre packaged slice myself, grab a water out of the cooler myself.. pay with a card myself on a touch screen.. and on the screen it asks how much I want to tip..

Tip for what? For having a slice already pre made? Craziness

I would add tipping to my list… I swear I’m tipping for things that I didn’t years ago.. or at least being asked to

Went to a MLB game the other day.. went to a concession stand for a slice of pizza and here’s what played out.

Wait in line for my turn, grab a pre packaged slice myself, grab a water out of the cooler myself.. pay with a card myself on a touch screen.. and on the screen it asks how much I want to tip..

Yep.

Lotta tipping fatigue everywhere. The Washington Post had a long article about it a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Yep.

Lotta tipping fatigue everywhere. The Washington Post had a long article about it a few weeks ago.

Same with mom and pop type places too.

I stand in line for ice cream, you put a couple of scoops in a bowl for me.. am I the jerk for not putting a few bucks in your jar? I am paying for the price of the ice cream.. how much more should I give you? Unless you are going to follow me to my seat and feed it to me.

Now sit down restaurants, I’m a guaranteed 20% tipper regardless of how good or bad the service was. Which is odd because I am anti tipping when it comes to a lot of things.

Same with mom and pop type places too.

I stand in line for ice cream, you put a couple of scoops in a bowl for me.. am I the jerk for not putting a few bucks in your jar? I am paying for the price of the ice cream.. how much more should I give you? Unless you are going to follow me to my seat and feed it to me.

Now sit down restaurants, I’m a guaranteed 20% tipper regardless of how good or bad the service was. Which is odd because I am anti tipping when it comes to a lot of things.

Same here.

I don't tip for carry out. I'm already driving there to pick up and paying $3.50 per gallon.

Restaurant owners should pay their employees more so their employees don't have to ask for tips, IMO.

Anybody getting close to a green light, going slower than the speed limit with a gap of cars in front, and then squeezes under the yellow just before the red.

Those who make an agressive right turn in front of you, with nobody behind you, then drive slower than you.

There is a no tip block right next to the other % blocks. I have no problem touching that in that situation.

People that rape the oceans, and kill animals just for the thrill of the kill!

Airboats that refuse to muffle their exhaust. The Kissimmee used to be so peaceful, but airboats are driving the nesting birds away, noise pollution is a bad thing too!

Sounds like I’m at a drag strip or airport

People in general that do stupid, mean, hateful shit

I forgot my biggest pet peeve.. overly aggressive drivers.. on an open 2-3 lane highway, go ahead and make your good time..

But when you are coming into the city, nothing irks me more than drivers doing 80mph swerving in out out of lanes, tailgating until their next chance to pass.. driving like a huge Richard cranium

All of fender benders (or worse) type of accidents can be avoided if people just slow the hell down.

I didnt take you as a nose blower.
Not a nose blower or complainer but a back in parking (its so much easier to get the truck out of a spot if I back in), fog light user (when my car had them, now they are out of style), sometimes out of flasher fluid driver, needy, whiney, moody and bitchy at times (I have not gone through menopause yet) badass female.

Last edited:
You're only fully vaxxed with 5 shots, like me.

Just saying, Goldie. ;)
Um no.

"Fully vaccinated” is not the same as having the best protection that staying up to date provides. You were “fully vaccinated” when you had completed only a primary series based on your age, health status, and vaccine type. Thus, you can be “fully vaccinated” and not have completed all vaccine doses recommended for you, which is called “up to date”. Currently, only Novavax has a recommendation for a primary series.

I figured you pro vaxxers would be up to speed on the terminology. :)

Reactions: goldmom
1.) Aggressive atheists

6.) Anti-vaxxers
You reminded me of a few.

Religious zealots
Overly judgmental people
Virtue Signalers
People that think those that dont agree with them are ignorant
People that steal condiments and cause them to go away

Thanks for the help!

I think we can all agree on door to door salesman.

Down here in Cape Coral, and Ian blew through, I got at least 5 a day for months representing roofers, insurance adjusters, yada yada yada. No soliciting signs mean nothing to these people, and they tend to be nosy and ultra aggressive as well.

I think we can all agree on door to door salesman.

Down here in Cape Coral, and Ian blew through, I got at least 5 a day for months representing roofers, insurance adjusters, yada yada yada. No soliciting signs mean nothing to these people, and they tend to be nosy and ultra aggressive as well.
Answer the door armed. They dont come back.

• Haha
You reminded me of a few.

Religious zealots
Overly judgmental people
Virtue Signalers
People that think those that dont agree with them are ignorant
People that steal condiments and cause them to go away

Thanks for the help!

You're in the Hall of Fame for my #2.

You're like the Babe Ruth of that.

Truly. 😆

Um no.

"Fully vaccinated” is not the same as having the best protection that staying up to date provides. You were “fully vaccinated” when you had completed only a primary series based on your age, health status, and vaccine type. Thus, you can be “fully vaccinated” and not have completed all vaccine doses recommended for you, which is called “up to date”. Currently, only Novavax has a recommendation for a primary series.

I figured you pro vaxxers would be up to speed on the terminology. :)

GoldMom posted before she didn't receive a booster shot.

Therefore, she's not fully vaccinated. :)

I know you think you're a universal authority on all subjects but please do more research next time:

Last edited:
GoldMom posted before she didn't receive a booster shot.

Therefore, she's not fully vaccinated. :)

I know you think you're a universal authority on all subjects but please do more research next time:

As a non vaxxed person, my blood might be worth some money in a few years! 😂

How many boosters do you plan on getting?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT