ADVERTISEMENT

Pet Peeves - Things that Annoy You

It’s out of control. My gf and I went to the Rays game on Sat. Got two double liquor drinks which came out to $54 😂. She flips the screen around and the tip options are 18%, 20, and 22. So you expect a $10 tip for making two basic mixed drinks? Gtfo. I gave her $4. But you have to type that in, it’s not a pre option. I swear for the longest time the standard was $1 a drink or maybe $2 if it’s a nicer place or fancy drink. Now they want to be tipped as well as a server who spends 1-2hrs with a customer.

It’s insanity. In my instance, the only worker nearby was standing by the touch screens to make sure everyone was paying..

Everything in this line was help yourself.. I grabbed my own pizza, drink and paid on my own… who am I tipping? Lol

Another pet peeve of mine is this cashless society we are in.. at said baseball game, no cash is allowed. For smaller purchases, a lot of times I just want to pay cash., I don’t want to swipe my card for a $10 purchase. (Not many $10 purchases at Great American BP but my point still stands)

Reactions: BrianNole777
It’s insanity. In my instance, the only worker nearby was standing by the touch screens to make sure everyone was paying..

Everything in this line was help yourself.. I grabbed my own pizza, drink and paid on my own… who am I tipping? Lol

Another pet peeve of mine is this cashless society we are in.. at said baseball game, no cash is allowed. For smaller purchases, a lot of times I just want to pay cash., I don’t want to swipe my card for a $10 purchase. (Not many $10 purchases at Great American BP but my point still stands)
Cashless transactions can be taxed, cash ones are not always reported. Also, information can be gained from electronic transactions not from cash ones. I think soon cards will go away as well and it will all be through the phone. Then they will have all of your information. JMO though certainly not an expert on the subject.

Blow hard know it alls chap my booty. Also, slow check out lines, and one bank teller on Friday afternoon paydays for your drive through quagmire service. I grew a beard in the last bank line. And now, Wally has two cashiers on Saturday; the busiest day of the week; and the rest are self checkouts. Sam Walton is turning over in his grave.
I haven't been inside a bank in 5 years.

Changing the subject…
One of my “annoyances” is when I get a renewal notice from a service or a company that my new “monthly charge” will be this much and I have to do the dance with them saying I’m canceling. Then I’m transferred to some overseas person who has GREAT news! We have a special rate for the next year blah blah blah.
Sirius XM is one of the worst. And I had to go through the hassle just today with the Wall Street Journal.
I either end up with my continuing “low rate” or even less. 🙄

I feel like you might like this dance @goldmom!

GO NOLES!!!

Getting away from the vax discussion.......

It almost always get me upset when a doctor's office overbooks and makes you wait well after your appointment time to be seen. I say almost because I acknowledge that there are times when certain doctors have emergencies they have to get to but that rarely applies to your GP.

It is also their dismissive attitude that irks me. Many have no respect for your time.
This seems to happen at alot of places where you need appointments. What's the point of making an appointment if you cant stay on track and see me on time?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
This seems to happen at alot of places where you need appointments. What's the point of making an appointment if you cant stay on track and see me on time?

The worst are the drive-shack / top golf type places. Literally every single time we go we have a reservation and arrive on time or slightly early only to have to wait at the bar until our bay is cleared.

I think it is done purposefully to make more F&B sales honestly.

GO NOLES!!!

Let me explain something to all you complainers. A patient will call and say "I need an appoint with NoleFan because I have a sore throat." They squeeze her in tomorrow in between two longer scheduled appointments because they know I can do 3 things at once. When said sore throat comes in, they have a laundry list of issues they neglected to tell the office, and I must address said issues. So your 5 minute sore throat becomes 25 minutes of other stuff.

Now you may ask why said issues must be addressed? CYA. Patient tells their kids I am going to see NoleFan for chest pain (not sore throat), I don't address, mom dies, NoleFan gets sued. Easy as that. I can't tell her you are only here for a sore throat, go home! Although sometimes I wish I could!

So, when you make an appointment at the office, tell the staff why you are coming in. Don't say, "while I am here, I have...." That is MY pet peeve.

Last edited:

They won’t take cash because the employees are pocketing some of it.

Let me explain something to all you complainers. A patient will call and say "I need an appoint with NoleFan because I have a sore throat." They squeeze her in tomorrow in between to longer scheduled appointments because they know I can do 3 things at once. When said sore throat comes in, they have a laundry list of issues they neglected to tell the office, and I must address said issues. So your 5 minute sore throat becomes 25 minutes of other stuff.

Now you may ask why said issues must be addressed? CYA. Patient tells their kids I am going to see NoleFan for chest pain (not sore throat), I don't address, mom dies, NoleFan gets sued. Easy as that. I can't tell her you are only here for a sore throat, go home! Although sometimes I wish I could!

So, when you make an appointment at the office, tell the staff why you are coming in. Don't say, "while I am here, I have...." That is MY pet peeve.
I get all that but why not schedule everyone for a set amount of time say 30 minutes? If you know the average appointment (from previous data) takes 20 or 25 minutes couldn't you schedule that way? It would be better for the practitioner and the patient. BTW way I was complaining in general about appointments. I avoid the doctors office like Ebola so I don't have any real gripes in that department.

And neither one excuses the other, but I guess we must truly be on the lookout for drunks who are driving while using a cell phone. 😨
I saw one the other day with the phone mounted to the steering wheel. Cant be concerned with things like a steering wheel when you gotta get that Facebook updated.

Reactions: goldmom
Let me explain something to all you complainers. A patient will call and say "I need an appoint with NoleFan because I have a sore throat." They squeeze her in tomorrow in between to longer scheduled appointments because they know I can do 3 things at once. When said sore throat comes in, they have a laundry list of issues they neglected to tell the office, and I must address said issues. So your 5 minute sore throat becomes 25 minutes of other stuff.

I've had the 7am appointment with this practice and not get seen until 7:45.

I've had the 7am appointment with this practice and not get seen until 7:45.
I went to a Texas road house to get a gift card for someone. I got there at 3 which is when they open. There were already people waiting and the host told someone it would be a 30 minute wait. They asked why and the response was that the wait staff doesn't come in until 330.

If you really think about it 30 or an hour less a day for 10 wait staff isn't much (75 or 150 bucks a day) but add in drinks at the bar at a normally slow time and it can add up. Over a month that's a good bit of extra take.

and the tip options are 18%, 20, and 22.
And right below those 3 choices is the "custom" selection and a "no tip" selection. I tap the custom selection put in the tip I want and hit done. It's that easy. 🤷‍♂️

13257086_051623-kgo-tipping-img.jpg

I get all that but why not schedule everyone for a set amount of time say 30 minutes? If you know the average appointment (from previous data) takes 20 or 25 minutes couldn't you schedule that way? It would be better for the practitioner and the patient. BTW way I was complaining in general about appointments. I avoid the doctors office like Ebola so I don't have any real gripes in that department.
Nobody can run an office seeing only 16 patients a day. It is not fiscally possible.

So on average how many can you see in a 8 hour day?
I only have to see 12 patients a day. But that is medicare advantage patients, which are not fee for service. I have very few commercial, under 65 patients. The billing is totally different. Plus, there are 2 providers in my office and most offices have multiple locations. We have 13 offices under my corporate name with more coming soon.

But commercial patients, I could likely see 20-25, depending on the issues they are having. And I don't work 8 hours a day.:cool:

Robo calls
Not being able to reach a real person at a business
Chats that only answer a business FAQ and nothing more substantive

My vmail box is intentially full due too robocalls leaving vmail. Nobody can leave a vmail.

If somebody wants to reach me and I don't answer, they can send a text. If a collection agency or ad spammer sends a text, I have probably already blocked that number.

My vmail box is intentially full due too robocalls leaving vmail. Nobody can leave a vmail.

If somebody wants to reach me and I don't answer, they can send a text. If a collection agency or ad spammer sends a text, I have probably already blocked that number.
Sometimes in the car I answer spam calls by mistake. Usually its just Jane calling about my expired car warranty. Occasionally though its Ralph (with a strong Indian accent) calling to tell me my wifes ex husband is in jail and I need to bail him out. I still don't know why I get these calls as I've been married over 30 years and the dudes been dead for a long time (not 30 years). However, last time I told Ralph that I would bail him out and should I just give him my account number straight away to make things easier. He called me some names regarding elephants and their man parts. Funny stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT