ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 13 The Houston Open

I recently saw Rickie and Jack Nicklaus on a show on Golf Channel. The moderator dude asked Rickie how he prepared for majors. He said something like “I don’t change anything....Business as usual.” The same question then shifted to Nicklaus. Jack said your PREPARATION for a major must be very different. He was very polite in basically saying “that’s why you’ve never won one, Rickie,” but he has way too much class to get near those words. But to anyone watching, you had to be saying to yourself “which one of these guys has more insight on this topic?”

I saw that as well, it was on this seasons first episode of Feherty. Very good episode that included Bob Bryan. Jack was on fire all night

here is text of exchange

4 – Jack Stuffed Rickie in a Locker

Feherty asked Rickie how he prepares for a major differently than a regular tournament. Rickie immediately digs himself a grave and Jack ruthlessly jumps in and buries him alive.

Rickie Fowler (0 Majors): For me I try and keep it as similar as possible. I don’t want to treat it as a special event or do anything differently. I want to go in and play it just like I would a regular tour event.

Jack Nicklaus (18 Majors): I’m not sure that taking every tournament the same, Rickie, is exactly the way to win a major. I took majors totally different than I did any other tournament.

http://outsidethecut.com/2018/03/06/10-takeaways-from-jack-rickies-feherty-episode/

and here is the video
https://www.golfchannel.com/video/feherty-how-do-jack-rickie-prepare-majors/

I recently saw Rickie and Jack Nicklaus on a show on Golf Channel. The moderator dude asked Rickie how he prepared for majors. He said something like “I don’t change anything....Business as usual.” The same question then shifted to Nicklaus. Jack said your PREPARATION for a major must be very different. He was very polite in basically saying “that’s why you’ve never won one, Rickie,” but he has way too much class to get near those words. But to anyone watching, you had to be saying to yourself “which one of these guys has more insight on this topic?”
Pick a team next week and join us Johnnie.

Like the new website I found...
there is an article on golf memorabilia.
The best item is this of course
Sam Snead’s 1954 Masters Champion Trophy

Masters-Trophy.png

http://outsidethecut.com/2018/03/27/the-best-golf-memorabilia-money-can-buy/

@DFSNOLE if you are still unsure about my birthday gift

Phil-Wood.png

Offered here is a signed 975 Titleist driver used by Phil Mickelson during the 2001 PGA season. Titleist donated this item to a charity auction following the season and it’s back for round 2, minus the charity part. I’m not sure how you would display this item but it’s pretty awesome nonetheless.

Bid (as of 3/27): $666 (yikes)

Reactions: cmanole
@DFSNOLE if you are still unsure about my birthday gift

Phil-Wood.png

Offered here is a signed 975 Titleist driver used by Phil Mickelson during the 2001 PGA season. Titleist donated this item to a charity auction following the season and it’s back for round 2, minus the charity part. I’m not sure how you would display this item but it’s pretty awesome nonetheless.

Bid (as of 3/27): $666 (yikes)
So, I'm going to need to cancel the Hookers and Blow of the Month subscription?

Will do, now that I have discovered this! Thx!
Pick any four golfers in the field each week. You get the FedEx Cup points they get. If you look at some of the threads from the previous weeks, you'll get the idea.

Oh, and we bust nuts here just like we're on the course. I have no doubt you'll hold your own there.

Pick any four golfers in the field each week. You get the FedEx Cup points they get. If you look at some of the threads from the previous weeks, you'll get the idea.

Oh, and we bust nuts here just like we're on the course. I have no doubt you'll hold your own there.
With that username, I'm sure he'll bring a long driver.

Ian is trying his best today, -3 to maintain a 1 stroke lead going to back nine

Clearly that approach has worked so well for Rickie so far.

I am not a Poulter fan-boy, but I like the fact that he has some personality. Too many guys out there are like robots. Will be an interesting finish, but I think Poulter has some obvious advantages.

Reactions: cmanole and DFSNOLE
Terrible way to lose a tournament. That has been his problem .... melting in the 4th round. This time it was suddent death. And he sure died suddenly.
He can always
And all he had to do was play the same shot on 18 he did in regulation. There was no more pressure on him.
I can't make fun of him too much. The guys I picked all did similar things earlier in the tournament....Only difference is it wasn't when everyone was watching.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
What a fun day of golf, couple of guys fighting to get in the Masters, big names chasing from behind and in the end , Poulter wins to get in the <Masters.

In the PGSF BFT uses Spieth and Henley to take this weeks win.
Congratulations to this weeks winner @Bill From Tampa

Houston%20%20Winner%20%2018_zpsedmdbuet.png

Will post updated leader board shortly

ADVERTISEMENT