ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 22 The Memorial Tournament

Matsuyama was approached by tournament officials as he walked off the ninth green in the middle of his first round and was informed he was being disqualified because of an illegal marking on the face of his 3-wood.
I wish I'd known that painting a marking on a club's face improved it's performance back when I played. I would have been signing my scorecards as "Pablo Picasso".

Should be a good afternoon of golf, quite a few picks are near the top and with Rory making a charge today pressure will be a little higher

Love how Golf Channel showed a ton of Morikawa at +4, but nothing of Zalatoris at -3. I assumed he was shooting a 76 or something because they didn't show him at all. Crap coverage!
From what I can gather, they have a small number of groups they focus on prior to the weekend.

Just great! This week was already bad enough with my picks performing poorly... Now horschel squirts is running away with the tournament. I'm done until congratulating our winner tomorrow night. 😡

Just great! This week was already bad enough with my picks performing poorly... Now horschel squirts is running away with the tournament. I'm done until congratulating our winner tomorrow night. 😡
No one wins if a gatornik wins...I know, its Saturday and he could implode tomorrow, pull a famous gator choke-in-the-Doak, or maybe better yet, a '91 SF Giants melt-down. No one here would shed any tears, I am sure. But I repeat - no one wins if the gate wins. That is all.

The last time someone had a 5 shot lead going into the final round this season (Daniel Berger at the Honda Classic), we all remember what happened. Hopefully, that happens again tomorrow.
I should have remembered that, as Straka was grouped with Spieth THUR & FRI and they made reference to his (Sepp's) win at the Honda Classic and Berger's mis-steps.

Maybe some real gators can be flown in and placed strategically around the water-hazard areas just as Horseschack is teeing off to start his round...and one can swallow his ball if he comes near the hazard. Everyone knows that gators swallow, so...just saying...

We need a blood pact. Every week he plays, whoever is in last place has to pick him so he is guaranteed not to win!

The PGA Tour is going to get a black eye from fighting this. They want a monopoly which is not legal in the US unless your an oil company.

The PGA Tour is going to get a black eye from fighting this. They want a monopoly which is not legal in the US unless your an oil company.

Yeah, I am failing to see why the PGA is acting so Draconian here in threatening members of the tour. To make sure star players they show up to PGA events? Most of them skip events each week.

Yeah, I am failing to see why the PGA is acting so Draconian here in threatening members of the tour. To make sure star players they show up to PGA events? Most of them skip events each week.
Greed. It is the American way and it is disgusting.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye.
nice-clap.gif

That could be said about the players as well who are looking for bigger purses. That seems to be the reason players like Phil and Kevin and DJ are heading to that new league.
Yes but they are independent contractors and have the right to sell their services. What’s interesting to me is the tour doesn’t have a problem with any other tour except the one with more money than them.

Yes but they are independent contractors and have the right to sell their services. What’s interesting to me is the tour doesn’t have a problem with any other tour except the one with more money than them.

And that's why I side with the players on this one, becasue they are independent contractors.

The PGA seems to have no problem with PGA members playing on the DP World Tour or other tours.

Reactions: cmanole
And that's why I side with the players on this one, becasue they are independent contractors.

The PGA seems to have no problem with PGA members playing on the DP World Tour or other tours.

This is my issue with how they ( PGA Tour) are handling the competing tour. Treat LIV for what it is, a shot in the dark that is just a money/image grab, who cares. The top-tier players who want to be an "all time great" are not going to that tour as a permanent home. Acting as if it matters gives the story more leagues, ignore it and it goes away quicker IMO ( although they are going to throw a ton of money at guys..I read the offered HV3 38 million, yikes)

Reactions: cmanole
This is my issue with how they ( PGA Tour) are handling the competing tour. Treat LIV for what it is, a shot in the dark that is just a money/image grab, who cares. The top-tier players who want to be an "all time great" are not going to that tour as a permanent home. Acting as if it matters gives the story more leagues, ignore it and it goes away quicker IMO ( although they are going to throw a ton of money at guys..I read the offered HV3 38 million, yikes)
He needs to jump on that. His 15 mins are about over.

Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT