ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 22 The Memorial Tournament

Why are you torturing yourself??
I did turn it off after 16. Was not going to watch the inevitable.

What a crappy weekend. Baseball gets hammered by Auburn Sat night in an epic meltdown looking like a team that did not belong on the same field. Loses to UCLA off a HR in the 9th while we waste a scoring op by watching a called third strike. And then the Memorial where I will be lucky to get 50 points with my team making it wholly uninteresting to watch it in the first place. Only to see a gatros (their ...) aka crocs of XXVI win the dadgum thing.

I did turn it off after 16. Was not going to watch the inevitable.

What a crappy weekend. Baseball gets hammered by Auburn Sat night in an epic meltdown looking like a team that did not belong on the same field. Loses to UCLA off a HR in the 9th while we waste a scoring op by watching a called third strike. And then the Memorial where I will be lucky to get 50 points with my team making it wholly uninteresting to watch it in the first place. Only to see a gatros (their ...) aka crocs of XXVI win the dadgum thing.
Only good thing was gatro softball getting sent home from OKC.

Think @Bill From Tampa summed up the weekend and tournament perfectly..freaking gates

In the PGSF second win in a row and 3rd straight week picking the player that scored the most points.
Congratulations to the Memorial champ @FSU & Golf

Memorial-2022-Champ.png

will post updated leaderboard shortly

Rory and his weekend collapses are becoming interesting
that front 9 41 took off all the pressure then he shoots a 33

He cruised last time in Canada, will be interesting to see how he plays

Yeah, I am failing to see why the PGA is acting so Draconian here in threatening members of the tour. To make sure star players they show up to PGA events? Most of them skip events each week.

Oh I can easily see a potential major concern/issue for the PGA tour - the potential for them to essentially be pushed to somewhat a second-tier status as the developmental league for the LIV. I'm sure they have at least some fear that a large number of the games biggest names could be tempted by the easy money of the LIV. How's it work for the PGA if every young guy who wins a few PGA events, maybe a major or two, promptly jumps to the LIV & then only cherry-picks & plays in the majors + one or two other big-time PGA events?

Oh I can easily see a potential major concern/issue for the PGA tour - the potential for them to essentially be pushed to somewhat a second-tier status as the developmental league for the LIV. I'm sure they have at least some fear that a large number of the games biggest names could be tempted by the easy money of the LIV. How's it work for the PGA if every young guy who wins a few PGA events, maybe a major or two, promptly jumps to the LIV & then only cherry-picks & plays in the majors + one or two other big-time PGA events?
IIRC there were some other issues besides the purse. Phil said something about if he wanted a video clip of one of his shots, he had to get permission and buy from the PGA. I guess he felt he should own his own image.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT