ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 24 The US Open

I think all the rain in the last week in the Midwest really softened the course up. Should be a fun final two days.

It is a damn shame there are 14 guys within one shot of the lead and I didnt pick a single one

Reactions: Bobcat07
Oh, and Holly Sander's! My goodness!

This writer did not think much of her.

http://golfweek.com/2017/06/16/u-s-open-tv-analysis-foxs-technology-outpaces-its-announcers/

How long is Fox going to continue the failed Holly Sonders Experiment? Last year I wrote that when Fox anchors say, “Let’s go down to Holly,” my thought is, “Let’s not.”

Bottom line: she stinks on TV. I don’t question Sonders’ golf knowledge. She played Division 1 college golf, so she knows the game. She’s just not cut out for the job.

Sonders was fine five years ago in her very limited role on Golf Channel’s “Morning Drive,” but she’s asked to do far too much at Fox. I think a friend had it right when he said Sonders tries too hard to be a personality (“golf’s Vanna White” was his description). But she’s not a personality. She lacks an easy manner on camera, she’s not spontaneous, and she’s not amusing.

She also doesn’t seem particularly competent. On Friday, in a segment with architect Gil Hanse, Sonders couldn’t bring up a graphic of No. 14. “I have never been friends with this thing,” Sonders said of the machine. “Three years now and I still can’t get it figured out.”

Here’s my crazy, completely off-the-wall suggestion: Remove Holly and put someone in that job who can call up the proper graphic.

I recall that incident when she could not get the graphic up. I don't think she adds much to the broadcast. I noticed they barely went to her today.

Something feels correct about the leader board going into Sunday

It is a damn shame there are 14 guys within one shot of the lead and I didnt pick a single one
Some of the lowest scores in a long time at the US Open and none I picked managed to make it to the weekend. Now that takes some real talent on my part!

couple good twitter tidbits

Bucci Mane@Buccigross

Brian Harman 30 years old Born and lives in Georgia (went to University of Georgia) No lefty has ever won the U.S. Open

trey wingo@wingoz

Rickie Fowler and Justin Thomas are sharing a house this week at Erin Hills. Quite the conversations there tonight

His last name?

LOL..no, you know what I am talking about...:D

Happy Fathers Day to everyone.

Really need some good golf today to take a little of the sting from last night away, man that was a nerve wracking loss, I was on the edge of my seat from when we got the 2 run lead, still think our boys can win that bracket. Go Noles

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Sorry guys...Suffered a stroke on 6/9...Have been in hospital/rehab since. :(:(

Is that a plane, or is it the blimp getting aerial views?

They just addressed it. It is a plane and not one that belongs to Fox. Apparently social media is talking about it and Joe Buck said there was nothing they could do about that annoying sound b/c it is not restricted air space.

In between all the human interest stories on Arnie, ice cream shops, etc., and the commercials ad nauseum, do you think Fox might show us more than 3 or 4 golf shots in between. I've been very disappointed in their coverage.

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
Koepka will go to the back nine on Sunday at the US Open having missed 9 greens through 3.5 days. That is some high quality golf.

Well , one Nole got a win this weekend . Nice round by Koepka , really took hold in the second nine with some long drives and clutch putts.

fsu67810 runs away and hides from everyone with the "Nole" heavy picks

congratulations fsu67810

US%20Open%20winner%2017_zps3m9p6dqv.png

will post updated leader board shortly

Reactions: fsu67810
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT