ADVERTISEMENT

Plays that sent the season off the rails

divinnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Looking back over the season and how easily it could have been a different season if certain plays had been made. For me it starts with the GT game and our 2nd possession. We had easily scored on our 1st possession and was moving the ball on our 2nd when faced with a 3rd and long. LT has the first drop of the season while he was totally uncovered with at least a 15-20 yard gain ahead of him. If he makes the catch I think we continue on down the field and go up two scores. It seems the drops then continue throughout the whole receiving corps that game. I think the game turns out totally different if the LT makes the catch and run. Next was the BC game. I swear I don't recall Murlock ever dropping a pass in his career here. Yet he drops three that game including a TD pass. From the drops continued for him. Can't recall the other receivers who also had crucial drops in that game but they have all had their share of drops. Those two games set the tone for the way the season has gone. I don't think there is no way we would have beat Clemson this year but I really think if we catch the bal the first two games we would now be no worse than 5-2 and maybe even 6-1.

The season has shined the spotlight on a lot of issues with the team but I really believe the drops the first two games totally sunk the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.