ADVERTISEMENT

Post your hurricane stories here...

I live in Palm City and the storm is currently right off the coast. It rained earlier and a couple dead palm fronds that I've been meaning to cut down have fallen. That's about it.

Reactions: squiffynole
Just about the time you think it’s a bunch of nothing is when you lose power. And then you get to sit in a darkened house listening to trees falling and crap whapping against your house for hours.
I can’t imagine what it’s been like for Abaco and Grand Bahama.
After Michael, I don’t care to have another one.

There must be a lot of east coast beach erosion going on. Hoping for an outer rain band in Tallahassee, the temperature is supposed to skyrocket Thursday - Sunday.

Sitting here in Satellite Beach listening to the wind howl. Hoping power stays on and the canal in my backyard doesn’t creep up.

Ran into one at Walmart a few weeks ago. He was about what you would expect from a Hurricane fan.

Light breeze in broward yesterday and earlier today with a few rain bands mixed in.

It's breezy and a little showery at my house...I live 12 miles from the beach and so far not a single scary moment. There was a palm frond in the front yard this morning...

I live in Liberty county west of TLH. Watched Michael mow down have the trees on our 18 acres. Still cleaning up that mess. Would not wish the destruction that a a Cat 5 storm can bring on anyone. Florida's east coast is blessed the Dorian is taking a scenic tour instead of a visit.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
We live about 1/2-3/4 mile from the beach on Anastasia island in St. Augustine. We shuttered everything up and were under a mandatory evacuation order, so used it as an excuse to visit my nephew in Montgomery, AL. Saw his new home and met my great-niece for the first time. Came back to find a bit of debris in the yard from the palm trees; did not appear that we ever lost electric. Definitely could have stayed with no problem. Glad we took the opportunity to visit family

Reactions: timenole
We live about 1/2-3/4 mile from the beach on Anastasia island in St. Augustine. We shuttered everything up and were under a mandatory evacuation order, so used it as an excuse to visit my nephew in Montgomery, AL. Saw his new home and met my great-niece for the first time. Came back to find a bit of debris in the yard from the palm trees; did not appear that we ever lost electric. Definitely could have stayed with no problem. Glad we took the opportunity to visit family
Went to Alabama ... ARE YOU CRAZY?

Reactions: OHNole43123
I live in Liberty county west of TLH. Watched Michael mow down have the trees on our 18 acres. Still cleaning up that mess. Would not wish the destruction that a a Cat 5 storm can bring on anyone. Florida's east coast is blessed the Dorian is taking a scenic tour instead of a visit.

tenor.gif
LIb County in the house.

Reactions: InjunJoe

tenor.gif

I live in the west end of Jackson Co and was spared a lot of the worst of Michael. Kids living is Bay Co were not so lucky, one is still battling with insurance to get his money. Total rebuild cost him over 200K not counting contents. So far he has received around 110K from insurance. He had total replacement value insurance plus 250K contents. Lost everything inside the house. His house should have been totaled. Now has lawyers involved.

Reactions: InjunJoe
Glad to here you missed the worst damage. Do you live in or around Cottendale? Regretfully, your son is not alone in his situation. Many people have to fight not only their insurance company but contractors also. Good ones are hard to find. And many you do fins are less than honest. Hope things work out for him.

I live in the triangle area between C'Dale, Graceville and Chipley. About 8 miles from each. The heavy damage started between us and C'dale. In Graceville trees falling on homes were the big damage events. In Chipley and C'dale it was trees and wind damage. I had some roof damage caused by the winds but nothing devastating. Mortgage companies are also another big headache victims are having to deal with also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT