ADVERTISEMENT

Rain and More Rain

DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
Last weekend we got over seven inches of rain and we're getting drilled again with five plus inches this weekend. We've already hit our yearly average all without the benefit of a named tropical system. I'm tired of it. Wish we could ship it to the pacific northwest.

Last weekend we got over seven inches of rain and we're getting drilled again with five plus inches this weekend. We've already hit our yearly average all without the benefit of a named tropical system. I'm tired of it. Wish we could ship it to the pacific northwest.

I'm glad the rain here held off in Tally and the surrounds until today. My wife and I got to enjoy Mule Day in Calvary GA and the Florida Seafood Festival in Apalachicola with pretty pleasant weather other than the heat. Today now that we've got nothing planned other than I was going to do some woodworking and chores around the house it's been raining all morning. So it's worked out perfectly for me.

Well other than the rain making the pond in our backyard into a veritable lake. We used to just have a couple of mallards, some teals and anhingas hanging around and they were quiet. The only sounds coming out of the pond were the frog chorus. But in the past couple of weeks a large bunch of swamp hens, hooded mergansers and the far noisier wood ducks have taken up residence. On the one hand I'm glad the prettier wood ducks have found a place to reside as they're constantly being pushed out by the ugly nonnative Muscovy ducks but man! I had no idea they were so annoyingly talkative. I can hear them through the walls of the house that's how loud they get.

Reactions: squiffynole
It has felt like it's rained for 36 straight days here in the north Atlanta area. Almost time to build a dang ark....

Not too bad here in Cobb, only about 5 1/2" over the past nine straight days of rain.....:(

Good maybe you water hogs in Atlanta will let a couple of gallons down to Apalachicola so the oyster beds will recover.

It has felt like it's rained for 36 straight days here in the north Atlanta area. Almost time to build a dang ark....

Seriously. We started picking up rain last Sunday in Tifton on the way back from the Syracuse game, and it has literally not stopped since. And a ton is supposed to fall on us tomorrow.

I've been reading about Walton County: roads closed, flooding everywhere, shelters open. Three inches at our house, glad to have it but that's about enough.

It's been feast or famine here this year. We've received 61.5 inches of rain so far, which is about 20 inches more than normal at this point in the year. But the interesting thing is that we got about 30 inches of that rain in 3 days this year (Memorial Day, 10/24 and 10/31). And we received 5 inches of rain from 8/1 - 10/23.

A former co-worker of mine posted on FB that she got 11 inches of rain, all within a 4 hour period, at her house in Atlantic Beach. Apparently, Neptune Beach, Atlantic Beach and Mayport all got doused yesterday.

Today now that we've got nothing planned other than I was going to do some woodworking and chores around the house it's been raining all morning.

hGhZIhn.jpg

After the six driest August on record in Charlottesville, we are welcoming this excessive rain. I have a fescue lawn, so I reseed in the fall, so with this rain I don't have to worry about watering it. Have some spring fed streams on our property that nearly dried up, so good to see them flowing nicely again.

Surprised you aren't getting rain tomorrow DFS. We're supposed to get a line of storms (predicting at most 1/2 inch) as part of a cold front late tonight. Guess it's going to die out before it gets to Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT