ADVERTISEMENT

Rams Fired Jeff Fisher

jaswinnie

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 5, 2007
Here we go Sexton must be in heaven first named to replace Fisher Nick Saban. Brian Billick just said Saban is the first choice and he is going to get PAID either way.

Don't know who is agent is but I would think that Dabo would get equal if not more consideration from Bama.
Especially since this is two years in a row that Jimbo has spurned LSU. I would think that Bama doesn't want their second or third choice.
Lots to happen though.

Harbaugh to Rams

Saban to 49er's

Jimbo to Alabama

Terry Bowden to FSU

Reactions: mcatdt01
Jimbo straight to the Rams. Won't even have to change out the monogrammed towels in the head coach's executive restroom.

Reactions: G_U_M_B_Y
CSQqlwPUYAAc4od.png

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Why would Saban return to the NFL at his age? To prove he can win there? I doubt it.

Colin Cowturd actually did an interesting take on this very issue. In short, he opined that when you mention the greatest coaches of all time (i.e., Lombardi, Noll, Belicheat), Saban isn't in the conversation because he has only succeeded at the college level. Cowturd further opined that Saban's ego will likely lead him back to the pros because he is a "young 65" years old and will think he can still do it.

Saban's biggest problem is Mrs. Saban, who loves living in Tuscaloosa and would likely balk at moving. I guess we'll see what happens.

Reactions: CarlsbadNole
Saban and Harbaugh are never leaving college football. CFB is much easier to be successful in than the NFL. You can control so much more in college. Plus Michigan and Bama can out bid any NFL team.

Saban and Harbaugh are never leaving college football. CFB is much easier to be successful in than the NFL. You can control so much more in college. Plus Michigan and Bama can out bid any NFL team.

Any? Could they outbid the Dallas Cowboys? I think that franchise is worth a billion dollars or two...

Either way I can't see Saban leaving for the NFL... Dude is a living legend where he's at...

When you think of Saban, think of Akeem...

comingtoamerica-splsh.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT