ADVERTISEMENT

Remind me about Dalvin..........

cook makes the line better like all great offensive skill players do. you take great players out of the offensive backfield then defenses can load up and make all OLs look bad.

Ummmmm you know he was never convicted and the charges were dropped and they found out the girl lied about it being Dalvin right?.....

1. I even typed out "accusation" in my post.
2. OP asked "what were the 'concerns' about him?" My list was the answer.
3. Every Seminole fan who knows he was accused knows he was aquitted rather quickly, & my post does not lead anyone to believe differently.
4. Do you think Noles fans who mention Jameis Winston's rape accusation as part of his pre draft concerns don't realize he was never charged or convicted?

I'm curious, what part of my post led you to believe I truly didn't know Dalvin wasn't convicted? Someone who knew about the dogs incident, the BB gun incident, and his high school situations ... you thought a person who knew about those incidents didn't know Dalvin Cook was simply accused and not convicted?

Reactions: cmanole
1. I even typed out "accusation" in my post.
2. OP asked "what were the 'concerns' about him?" My list was the answer.
3. Every Seminole fan who knows he was accused knows he was aquitted rather quickly, & my post does not lead anyone to believe differently.
4. Do you think Noles fans who mention Jameis Winston's rape accusation as part of his pre draft concerns don't realize he was never charged or convicted?

I'm curious, what part of my post led you to believe I truly didn't know Dalvin wasn't convicted? Someone who knew about the dogs incident, the BB gun incident, and his high school situations ... you thought a person who knew about those incidents didn't know Dalvin Cook was simply accused and not convicted?

That's all good my friend. Everything will be fine. He will succeed.

Why do people keep posting this? Everyone on this board knows it. The point is Dalvin hung out with a not very group of people in high school and part of college. He found himself in a number of situations that are potentially concerning. That is why he dropped. The ultimate result of charges is not relevant. The fact that other players drafted higher may have had more concerning issues in the past is not relevant.

He fell because of the reasons listed whether he should have or not.

In today's PC world why is that NOT considered horribly racist? You are born in certain environments which you have absolutely no control over. Not excusing any bad behavior but the fact that Dalvin was falsely accused at Tally and alleged skeletons of his childhood brought into his selection was grossly unfair

Ask Team mates and Jimbo what they think of Cooks character? To me that is far more important and valid then some pencil necked geek looking for clicks by character assassination..

What do the Vikings think of him?

Last edited:
Reactions: jay_nole
Tons of concern that he was receiving sub-standard coaching in college. :eek:

The only thing he did that was held against him was the NFL and sports media were still in the Winston mode where anyone black and at FSU was the bad guy.

Facts didn't matter. Rarely do with the media.

Reactions: sflanoleman
The only thing he did that was held against him was the NFL and sports media were still in the Winston mode where anyone black and at FSU was the bad guy.

Facts didn't matter. Rarely do with the media.

agree

In today's PC world even if completely false. FAKE NEWS never admits they were wrong.

You have to wonder if the mainstream media will ever be credible again?

He looked great as usual. Staying healthy will be the key. Defenses will be focused on him the more he has success. The hits he's getting in the league are much more punishing than the NCAA level. I wish him nothing but success and it's fun to see him ball-out in the NFL so far. Great Nole!!!!!

I think they tried to do their jobs, the line is entirely new with no returning starters. It isn't an exact science.

Pretty much and on the 2 long runs, he had nice lanes to cut thru. You don't get 127 yards in the NFL without decent blocking. NO had everyone within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and the passing game benefited from man coverage.

Also, if the passing game keeps producing, the rum game will benefit even more.

In today's PC world why is that NOT considered horribly racist? You are born in certain environments which you have absolutely no control over. Not excusing any bad behavior but the fact that Dalvin was falsely accused at Tally and alleged skeletons of his childhood brought into his selection was grossly unfair

Ask Team mates and Jimbo what they think of Cooks character? To me that is far more important and valid then some pencil necked geek looking for clicks by character assassination..

What do the Vikings think of him?

The Vikings think they got a steal in the 2nd Round.

Reactions: pisaruss
Also, the Vikings traded up to get him in the 2nd round. They wanted him badly. They didn't have a first round pick or he probably would've been drafted first round.

In defense of the NFL teams that were concerned with character, there are very few successful NFL players who come from rough backgrounds like Cook in Miami...

oh wait the opposite is true

Reactions: 4show and jay_nole
The combo of Dalvin and Stefon Diggs could be really interesting in terms of opening up the playbook, provided of course Sam Bradford plays above average (he was pinpoint stellar last night), Thielen continues to be clutch, and if Treadwell starts reaching his potential, look out.

It was frustrating during the first half, he was hit behind the line or at the line on just about every carry. It's obvious that the team is excited about having him. On a side note, Sam Bradford has a hell of a quick release.

He looked great as usual. Staying healthy will be the key. Defenses will be focused on him the more he has success. The hits he's getting in the league are much more punishing than the NCAA level. I wish him nothing but success and it's fun to see him ball-out in the NFL so far. Great Nole!!!!!

Listen, this is the NFL, you cannot key on players like you can in college without paying a big price.

Cook was the main reason for the Vikings success last night, they started keying on Cook and Bradford took full advantage of it. Like that touchdown pass, the wide open 30 yarder, the defense got sucked into the play action and boom wide open TD.

Nfl uses the " guilt by association" standard when assessing a prospect's character. They don't attempt to determine the truth, all they care about are the "optics".
Actually that is totally inaccurate especially with Dalvin he was not a high profile problem like Jamies or the Oklahoma RB. It was "inside" research that mostly wasn't very high profile.

Ummmmm you know he was never convicted and the charges were dropped and they found out the girl lied about it being Dalvin right?.....

BB gun fight was never co formed as to wick players were involved as well. There has been some discussion in the past that Jameis was never involved but he got hung with that one as well. Same could be said for DC4. It was reported as fact without any coroberating police reports to confirm who was there.

Reactions: 4show
Actually that is totally inaccurate especially with Dalvin he was not a high profile problem like Jamies or the Oklahoma RB. It was "inside" research that mostly wasn't very high profile.

SI wrote a blurb that the stories of him hanging out with Miami gangbangers and having a drinking problem were fabricated but an agent's runner. If he was hanging out with "thugs" wouldn't that have been picked up by Shiwtime. He was always folm d around other players. I doubt Shiwtime WA trying to protect him by not showing these guys in camera and I also doubt a low level thug wouldn't want some
FaceTime
On Showtime series.

I think that devante Phillips being his cousin who had that forgery deal with money orders had something to do with it too -that happened in January -bet they knew about it -we didn't learn about it till august

This assumption based off comment heard they were pleased or he was heard he was coming up alone without posse -

SI wrote a blurb that the stories of him hanging out with Miami gangbangers and having a drinking problem were fabricated but an agent's runner. If he was hanging out with "thugs" wouldn't that have been picked up by Shiwtime. He was always folm d around other players. I doubt Shiwtime WA trying to protect him by not showing these guys in camera and I also doubt a low level thug wouldn't want some
FaceTime
On Showtime series.
The drinking problem and affecting his preparation was fabricated. The rumor of him hanging out with a bad crowd was not fabricated. It has been discussed since his senior year of high school and was even discussed his freshman year. Jeff Cameron even discussed on Seminole Headlines in 2014 that Dalvin had a lot of his Miami friends around and the stories about him weren't good.

Dalvin clearly has moved on from that life and gotten everything together. Him being in Minnesota as far away as possible from Miami is a great thing for him.

I think some of you need to also realize how rb's are valued in the NFL. It was extremely rare to see 2 rb's drafted in he top 15. If Dalvin is a QB with his film, he's taken in the top ten. If Jameis was a RB with that off field track record, he's drafted in the third

I think that devante Phillips being his cousin who had that forgery deal with money orders had something to do with it too -that happened in January -bet they knew about it -we didn't learn about it till august

This assumption based off comment heard they were pleased or he was heard he was coming up alone without posse -
So the NFL guys got together and conspired not to draft him in the first round due to his cousin forging money orders? Sounds logical. Why don't you read the post above about valuing running backs in the NFL. That probably holds more water than him being passed because his cousin forged money orders.

So the NFL guys got together and conspired not to draft him in the first round due to his cousin forging money orders? Sounds logical. Why don't you read the post above about valuing running backs in the NFL. That probably holds more water than him being passed because his cousin forged money orders.
Dalvin dropped because:

(1) Declining RB value
(2) Off-field concerns
(3) Did not interview well when he was asked about those concerns
(4) Very poor combine, which came off to many NFL teams as him not working hard to prepare for the combine

Reactions: NebNoles
Dalvin dropped because:

(1) Declining RB value
(2) Off-field concerns
(3) Did not interview well when he was asked about those concerns
(4) Very poor combine, which came off to many NFL teams as him not working hard to prepare for the combine
I buy all of that, just not the part about his cousin

Either way, he's going to be good if he doesn't get killed first. I thought I'd never see a running back get hit in the backfield as much as Dalvin did last year but this year may be worse.

I think some of you need to also realize how rb's are valued in the NFL. It was extremely rare to see 2 rb's drafted in he top 15. If Dalvin is a QB with his film, he's taken in the top ten. If Jameis was a RB with that off field track record, he's drafted in the third

Exactly. RB is a dime a dozen position that most teams just don't want to spend a first round pick on. Dalvin didn't drop, he got drafted about where good RBs typically get drafted. I think Fournette due to his size made him a little more desirable, and I think Elliot last year was kind of seen as the missing piece on an already pretty good team. But most teams would rather draft a back in the middle rounds than use a pick on a back in the first.

Even in week 1, kareem Hunt was actually the best back and he was a 3rd round pick out of Toledo. So, when the top 2 rushers are rookies drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then why would teams start reaching into the first for RBs? They know they can get productive guys in the middle and later rounds.

Exactly. RB is a dime a dozen position that most teams just don't want to spend a first round pick on. Dalvin didn't drop, he got drafted about where good RBs typically get drafted. I think Fournette due to his size made him a little more desirable, and I think Elliot last year was kind of seen as the missing piece on an already pretty good team. But most teams would rather draft a back in the middle rounds than use a pick on a back in the first.

Even in week 1, kareem Hunt was actually the best back and he was a 3rd round pick out of Toledo. So, when the top 2 rushers are rookies drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then why would teams start reaching into the first for RBs? They know they can get productive guys in the middle and later rounds.
Because Cook played for FSU and should have been drafted number1 overall.

I'm sure he paid the owner and continuing to do things like this is why Dalvin will me loved in Viking Country.

They need to negotiate a four-extension now, just sayin'

The APeterson return kind of trumped the headlines over Cook, thats fine because Cook will be back next week to grab his rightful place, in the headlines...

he is the reason the vikings offense clicks, he will draw in the play action like no one else, thus opening the downfield throws, you watch the media will pick up on this by the third or fourth week...

he is the reason the vikings offense clicks, he will draw in the play action like no one else, thus opening the downfield throws,
if you're suggesting that he is or will be the NFL's premier play action distraction in the next 3-4 weeks, i think you've gone too far.
i'd also argue he's yet to become the reason the vikings offense clicks.

you're perhaps getting a bit carried away in hyperbole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT