ADVERTISEMENT

School closings due to Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they shouldn't be.
Vaccines are not political. People and the media try to make them that way. In this age of information both true and untrue you would be hard pressed for any situation not to become politically charged especially with the way the media controls that information. Like Chief said earlier most folks are in the middle but they are quiet about it. I got the shots early on and a booster after the mandate went away but I wont get anymore. Not because of dangers etc. but I view them like the flu shot.

Reactions: fsufool and CHAMLER
Vaccines are not political. People and the media try to make them that way. In this age of information both true and untrue you would be hard pressed for any situation not to become politically charged especially with the way the media controls that information. Like Chief said earlier most folks are in the middle but they are quiet about it. I got the shots early on and a booster after the mandate went away but I wont get anymore. Not because of dangers etc. but I view them like the flu shot.
I would add that politicians make them political. The media would have little to report if politicians didn't take the lead or squashed any rumors quickly.

I would add that politicians make them political. The media would have little to report if politicians didn't take the lead or squashed any rumors quickly.
True. When you have a situation like this its important to act quickly to gain the publics trust. That wasn't done by either side.

I believe many Americans rightfully should be mindful of Big Pharma. Our tax dollars have been and continue to be funneled towards these gigantic for profit companies who have gotten RICH off of COVID.

One of these companies was involved in the largest fraud criminal settlement in US's history https://abcnews.go.com/Business/pfizer-fined-23-billion-illegal-marketing-off-label/story?id=8477617.
This does not scream trustworthiness. Then the mandating of shots to those who are not in danger of getting seriously ill just tips the scales even more.

Empirically, my kids, wife, and myself did not get the shots nor get seriously ill from the virus. My parents, siblings, in-laws who did get the shot all did get markedly more ill than we did. Maybe we were lucky.

GO NOLES!!!

Last edited:
I believe many American's rightfully should be mindful of Big Pharma. Our tax dollars have been and continue to be funneled towards these gigantic for profit companies who have gotten RICH off of COVID.

One of these companies was involved in the largest fraud criminal settlement in US's history. This does not scream trustworthiness. Then the mandating of shots to those who are not in danger of getting seriously ill just tips the scales even more.

Empirically, my kids, wife, and myself did not get the shots nor get seriously ill from the virus. My parents, siblings, in-laws who did get the shot all did get markedly more ill than we did. Maybe we lucky.

GO NOLES!!!

Look no further than Purdue Pharma.. who basically bought off the FDA to approve of the drug OxyContin, knowing damn well it was addictive and unleashed the biggest opioid epidemic the nation has ever seen.

All the while the Sackler family raked in Billions

Reactions: fsufool and F4Gary
I believe many American's rightfully should be mindful of Big Pharma. Our tax dollars have been and continue to be funneled towards these gigantic for profit companies who have gotten RICH off of COVID.

One of these companies was involved in the largest fraud criminal settlement in US's history https://abcnews.go.com/Business/pfizer-fined-23-billion-illegal-marketing-off-label/story?id=8477617.
This does not scream trustworthiness. Then the mandating of shots to those who are not in danger of getting seriously ill just tips the scales even more.

Empirically, my kids, wife, and myself did not get the shots nor get seriously ill from the virus. My parents, siblings, in-laws who did get the shot all did get markedly more ill than we did. Maybe we were lucky.

GO NOLES!!!
I’m forced to get the vaccines and boosters due to my work environment and the amount of national and international travel I do. I’ve had Covid 4 times, so obviously the vaccines did nothing to prevent me from getting it. However, I also lost one of my closest friends to Covid, so I’ve seen both sides of the page here. The biggest issues I have is the amount of cover up, lies, false information, and false statistics. We’ve all read about the kid in New Orleans that was shot in the head, but his cause of death was listed as covid, or the guy who died in a motorcycle accident who's cause of death was listed as Covid. That was frustrating, but what absolutely sickens me to my stomach and infuriated me was Fauci and the NIH trying to sell the story about the virus coming from an open air market and not from a lab doing gain of function research. For me, there’s a special place to rot in hell for that guy.

I’m forced to get the vaccines and boosters due to my work environment and the amount of national and international travel I do. I’ve had Covid 4 times, so obviously the vaccines did nothing to prevent me from getting it. However, I also lost one of my closest friends to Covid, so I’ve seen both sides of the page here. The biggest issues I have is the amount of cover up, lies, false information, and false statistics. We’ve all read about the kid in New Orleans that was shot in the head, but his cause of death was listed as covid, or the guy who died in a motorcycle accident who's cause of death was listed as Covid. That was frustrating, but what absolutely sickens me to my stomach and infuriated me was Fauci and the NIH trying to sell the story about the virus coming from an open air market and not from a lab doing gain of function research. For me, there’s a special place to rot in hell for that guy.
I've only had to do the initial set and the first booster. There hasn't been a requirement for a second booster yet but I think one is coming.

Reactions: CHAMLER
If you want an eye opener, watch the documentary on Netflix, The Pharmacist.

Also, Pain Killer, the crime of the century, cover it well too. There’s another one on Hulu that I can’t think of.

Just evil stuff from Purdue
Not sure how the Justice Dept or states for that matter didnt criminally charge that family. In some countries they would be executed.

Not sure how the Justice Dept or states for that matter didnt criminally charge that family. In some countries they would be executed.

That’s why there are so many people who question every single thing now..

We as the public have been told, OxyContin isn’t addictive by the FDA.. or I believe their wording was “it isn’t believed to be addictive”

It’s just not a surprise that people just don’t blindly believe everything they are being told anymore

If they can lie to us about OxyContin… what else are they lying about?

That’s why there are so many people who question every single thing now..

We as the public have been told, OxyContin isn’t addictive by the FDA.. or I believe their wording was “it isn’t believed to be addictive”

It’s just not a surprise that people just don’t blindly believe everything they are being told anymore

If they can lie to us about OxyContin… what else are they lying about?
People were prescribed a drug by their doctor that was supposed to be non addictive but it wasn't. How would the doctor know that right? So how would a doctor know a vaccine is safe? The exact same way. I took the shots but not because I trust them.

People were prescribed a drug by their doctor that was supposed to be non addictive but it wasn't. How would the doctor know that right? So how would a doctor know a vaccine is safe? The exact same way. I took the shots but not because I trust them.

That link you posted, states that over 800,000 people died of overdoses due to Purdue pharma..

And I think the doctors probably knew that opioids were addictive..but maybe that blessing the FDA gave, they went with it.

Kinda curious,

Seems like a lot of you on here swear by the vaccines and boosters that follow, yet have serious dislike for president Trump

I have not seen one kudo for Trump on getting the vaccines done so quickly

How can you stand so for something, and hate the person who helped get it available so rapidly?

Reactions: seminoles16fan
That link you posted, states that over 800,000 people died of overdoses due to Purdue pharma..

And I think the doctors probably knew that opioids were addictive..but maybe that blessing the FDA gave, they went with it.
The blessing that Purdue wrote after a hotel room meeting. Nothing to see here folks.

Kinda curious,

Seems like a lot of you on here swear by the vaccines and boosters that follow, yet have serious dislike for president Trump

How can you stand so for something, and hate the person who helped get it available so rapidly?

Because Trump had basically nothing to do with it. The MRNA vaccines were being developed years before his Presidency.

He also downplayed and lied about covid from the beginning.

• Haha
Reactions: F4Gary
Kinda curious,

Waiting GIF

Again. I’m not saying it is vax related.

But earlier, I was questioned why I didn’t get the vax. And my response is, I am waiting to see what the long term effects are. Because right now we don’t know.

Am I stupid for that? Maybe. We’ll see.

But as someone in their 30s, healthy with no underlying conditions, I chose to wait and see
I will be 43 years old in November. I still haven't had any of the covid vaccines or boosters and still haven't been sick. My doctor told me it was my choice whether or not to take it. I am healthy, not overweight, no illnesses, I exercise regularly, and I have a career that is physically active.

I agree with you that there just isn't enough long-term data to support whether or not it is effective and what kind of long-term side effects comes with it.

If you want an eye opener, watch the documentary on Netflix, The Pharmacist.

Also, Pain Killer, the crime of the century, cover it well too. There’s another one on Hulu that I can’t think of.

Just evil stuff from Purdue
Pain Killer was pretty good, I thought. Def hit home how destructive that stuff can be. I think generally theres a stigma attached to addicts that they’re loser junkies with no self control but these people got addicted to this stuff under doctor supervision. It’s so messed up. I work with doctors on a daily basis and have a lot of respect for the profession but no patient should trust everything their doctor says without doing their own research as well. In the OxyContin case any doctor who took just a few minutes to go thru Purdues literature would quickly realize there was no reason to believe they would be less addictive than every other opioid.

Reactions: goldmom
Pain Killer was pretty good, I thought. Def hit home how destructive that stuff can be. I think generally theres a stigma attached to addicts that they’re loser junkies with no self control but these people got addicted to this stuff under doctor supervision. It’s so messed up. I work with doctors on a daily basis and have a lot of respect for the profession but no patient should trust everything their doctor says without doing their own research as well. In the OxyContin case any doctor who took just a few minutes to go thru Purdues literature would quickly realize there was no reason to believe they would be less addictive than every other opioid.

The Pharmacist on Netflix covers it from a fathers point of view.. his son was murdered in New Orleans buying drugs. The first episode is him solving the murder - which the moral of episode 1 is never underestimate a parents love for their child. He goes non stop to figure out who did it.

Then episodes 2-4 show him back at work (as a pharmacist) who now notices things he’s over looked before.. and sees all these young people with prescriptions for high dosages of Oxy.. and he goes on an all out blitz to shut down a pill mill who was just prescribing ungodly amounts..

It interviews former reps from Purdue, other doctors and pharmacists..

It was really eye opening.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
Kinda curious,

Trump hardly owns it, and his base certainly isn't on board with the "vaccines done so quickly". Which is odd considering it was impressive, helpful and a shining star of his presidency.

Trump hardly owns it, and his base certainly isn't on board with the "vaccines done so quickly". Which is odd considering it was impressive, helpful and a shining star of his presidency.
I think a lot of his base think vaccine done quickly equals already made. Where as the other side don't like to credit Trump with its rapid roll out. The current admin even said they wouldn't get a shot developed by Trump then championed and tried to mandate its use after the election.

Poorly handled situation all the way around IMO.

Because Trump had basically nothing to do with it. The MRNA vaccines were being developed years before his Presidency.

He also downplayed and lied about covid from the beginning.

BS

If it happened under this blubbering idiot in chief people would still be without

Can’t believe you give absolutely no credit to him

I have not nor will be vaccinated

However my question was not about pros and cons of vaccines and boosters

It’s about a sitting president not getting an ounce of credit for doing something that some of you swear by!

You cannot with a straight face say he had zero to do with it

It’s about a sitting president not getting an ounce of credit for doing something that some of you swear by!

You cannot with a straight face say he had zero to do with it
His base won’t give him credit. You shouldn’t expect more from his detractors. The death “jab” you want no part of you now want to use as a political football? Interesting stuff.

Reactions: BrianNole777
His base won’t give him credit. You shouldn’t expect more from his detractors. The death “jab” you want no part of you now want to use as a political football? Interesting stuff.

Not at all
, I don’t care who is president

My issues with the “ jab” goes way beyond politics

And has absolutely nothing to do with my political views

Nothing to do with my question

Not at all
, I don’t care who is president

My issues with the “ jab” goes way beyond politics

And has absolutely nothing to do with my political views

Nothing to do with my question
So, you want to heap praise on a person who you feel is not getting enough credit for fast tracking a vaccine you won’t take because you don’t trust it?
Yikes.

So, you want to heap praise on a person who you feel is not getting enough credit for fast tracking a vaccine you won’t take because you don’t trust it?
Yikes.

Dude
I’m not saying that at all

Jeebus

What I am asking is how can some who praises the vaccines, and are thankful for them not appreciate one of the people who was so instrumental in getting the rapid response

That’s All I’m saying

Again, I don’t give a muck who fast forwarded or drug their feet

My question involves only those who hate Trump, love the vaccines, but refuse to give some credit to him for ramming it thru

That’s all

My question involves only those who hate Trump, love the vaccines, but refuse to give some credit to him for ramming it thru
Cant answer that question as I give him credit. The vaccine saved countless lives and helped get us to the other side of the pandemic.

My question involves those that want Trump celebrated for "ramming it thru" but refuse to take the vaccine because they don't believe it is safe. How does that work?

What’s worse, is the guy from the FDA that originally refused to approve the drug “changed” his mind after meeting at a hotel for two days with Purdue execs. Then a year or so later he retires from the FDA and takes a job working for Purdue for 400k a year! There’s a special spot in hell for all these scumbags.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
In foreign countries it’s called bribery and corruption. Here it’s called “lobbying”

Dude
I’m not saying that at all

Jeebus

What I am asking is how can some who praises the vaccines, and are thankful for them not appreciate one of the people who was so instrumental in getting the rapid response

That’s All I’m saying

Again, I don’t give a muck who fast forwarded or drug their feet

That’s all
Ramming it thru!? As a scientist I can tell you that going full speed on the vaccine was the right call. About 90% of the population would agree. Donald Trump signed the CHECK!! We all would have done that! Stop pretending that this scientific illiterate made this happen on his own. If he had been in my plant biology class in 1984 I would have flunked him😡

• Love
Ramming it thru!? As a scientist I can tell you that going full speed on the vaccine was the right call. About 90% of the population would agree. Donald Trump signed the CHECK!! We all would have done that! Stop pretending that this scientific illiterate made this happen on his own. If he had been in my plant biology class in 1984 I would have flunked him😡
He could have tried to have blocked the funding (or made it more difficult). I have to believe that some in his base wish he had done so.

Last edited:
See, even though we disagree on something’s, our mutual dislike of the turds brings us together

When they lose, it feels like a victory to Nole nation!

It was a good night

Btw, if you were on apprentice he would have fired your ass!😜

• Haha
Reactions: GeddyLee09
He could have tried to have blocked the funding (or made it more difficult). I have to believe that some in his base wish he had done so.
That precisely what his base wanted (at least the ones I know). He talked very hard against covid, lockdowns, masks and the vaccine but pushed the shot through without any hold up. I think his base would have preferred him to stick to his gun and go full anti covid. If its really a hoax why do we need a shot? Some could even think he had his hand in the cookie jar.

It is still puzzling though how the two sides view the shot which is contradictory to the normal side they are on. One side will get t shot and support it but not give any credit where its due for the most part. The other wont get the shot developed by their dear leader. Really strange. I had to get it but am still skeptical due to the short development time. Yes doctors say its safe but they said Oxy was safe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT