ADVERTISEMENT

Selling my truck-Autotrader or Craigslist?

I sold a truck on Craigslist a few years ago. Met the dude at a Target parking lot and brought a buddy with me. I had a written contract for the sale and the needed docs from Florida DMV. Then we put his bank in touch with my bank, they handled the payoff and financing and I got a check for the excess. It took a few days but overall was pretty easy.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by nolesincebirth:
I sold a truck on Craigslist a few years ago. Met the dude at a Target parking lot and brought a buddy with me. I had a written contract for the sale and the needed docs from Florida DMV. Then we put his bank in touch with my bank, they handled the payoff and financing and I got a check for the excess. It took a few days but overall was pretty easy.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Any toy trains or krab involved with that?

2003 Ford F150 4X4, 126,000 miles. I'd post the craigslist ad but I don't know the rules about all that on here. It's a 4 door Supercab, 5.4L V8, power everything, tow package

01212_fF3khzHmZCR_600x450.jpg

I have sold a few cars where i have posted on both CL and Autotrader. CL is a waste of time. you'll get a bunch of people show up who just want to low ball you so they can flip it. Autotrader will get you people who are serious buyers. Buy the ad that runs until it sells. Mark your price up by $1000 because no one pays asking price and even if they love your car they have to feel like they chiseled you down a little. Expect it to take about 2-3x longer to sell than you think it will.

Anything more low end like that is Craigslist territory. eBay sells for higher dollar stuff.

You will likely find yourself in what I call the 'crap spot' in a car's pricing. Not low enough for people to have cash and too old for the average person to get financing. That's generally trade territory unless you are lucky. Pickups are the easiest to sell in this zone though which is the good news.

I'm in the same boat right now with a 2005 Navigator Ultimate 4x4 with just over 100k miles. It's been impossible to sell for a fair dollar amount on my own.

I will purchase immediate. Please contact me at jamswife@yahoo.com for payment. I will arrange pickup with carrier and will pay over by $500 so you understand my serious nature.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT