ADVERTISEMENT

Sepp Blatter showered w/cash, literally, at FIFA press conference...

Blatter's response in the subsequent press conference - "I am highly insulted. Does he think I can be bought at that low price? His daughter's U5 rec team will not even host a regular season game this year."

I've watched it like 5 times and it's just as good each time.

I love that he's from the North Korea 2026 Delegation! Haha

The look on his face was like he was a little kid caught crapping his pants before he could make it to the bathroom.

Reactions: LesClaypool
was at Shea Stadium for the home opener in 95, after the strike season, and someone did that. Guy had a white t-shirt with dollar signs written on it. he ran the bases and threw dollar bills in the players' faces.

Opening Day 1995 arrived on April 25—and the fans, who got nothing to say for eight months, were ready to let baseball have it. The Atlanta Braves, who before the strike were drawing average crowds near 40,000, had only 24,000 show up for their home opener. In their second home game, Atlanta starting pitcher Tom Glavine—the team’s union representative—was unmercifully booed by his own fans. Same thing for Pittsburgh rep Jay Bell at the Pirates’ home opener; when the Bucs started booting the ball around in the fifth inning, disgruntled fans threw sticks they had torn from freebie pennants and littered the field, causing a 17-minute delay. In Kansas City, a Royal hitter fouled a ball into the seats. A young fan caught it and threw it back on the field, to the elated cheers of the crowd. And a group of fans invaded the Shea Stadium infield in New York and tossed dollar bills at Met players. Bret Saberhagen, pitching on the mound for the Mets, said he would have picked the money up had they been $100 bills.

2AB2A77D00000578-3168276-FIFA_president_Sepp_Blatter_appeared_to_grasp_at_bank_notes_thro-a-42_1437403199396.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT