ADVERTISEMENT

Sipping Tequila

Thoughts on the best Tequila for margaritas? Nothing too expensive like a sipper. Used to use Milagro, but have been using Cazadores on the rec from an ABC manager for the last few yrs. Pretty good in a traditional 321 margarita and dont feel guilty about throwing it in a mixed drink.

The one I mentioned above, El Jimador. It is the lower priced product from Herradura. It is my go to for mixing or shooting. Admittedly, I am a fan of Herradura - their anejo is my preferred sipping tequila

It’s quite cheap and a blanco, but my new favorite tequila is Altos Olmeca.

ci-olmeca-altos-tequila-plata-70c9acf5ca6e3bd8.jpeg

It’s cheap enough that I now use it as my mixing tequila but is good enough it stands on its own.

I had some friends over about a month or so ago for a game and we did a “tasting” of shots of tequila and I presented the Altos Olmeca, Herradora Anejo, Tres Generaciones Anejo, Espolon Extra Anejo 6 yo, and Milagro Select Reposado. The Altos Olmeca won by a large margin.

Finally came across the Altos last night, at the local Publix candy store. It is indeed quite good.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
I was given a Cenote Tequila a couple months ago. It was hard to find, but now I have a blanco and a Anejo. The Anejo is in a pretty nice designer bottle with the bloom as a kind of stopper with unique seals, etc.

I have not tried either yet, but I am sure I am gonna break the seals soon.

The Cenote I sampled was the smoothest I have ever tried.

Oh, and thanks for the info in this thread.

Good stuff.

shopping
shopping

Gonna get a bottle of this........................

shopping
Enjoyed the Anejo earlier, might have even hopped into my top 5 for sipping.

Reactions: NoleMac
I was given a Cenote Tequila a couple months ago. It was hard to find, but now I have a blanco and a Anejo. The Anejo is in a pretty nice designer bottle with the bloom as a kind of stopper with unique seals, etc.

I have not tried either yet, but I am sure I am gonna break the seals soon.

The Cenote I sampled was the smoothest I have ever tried.

Oh, and thanks for the info in this thread.

Good stuff.

shopping
shopping

Gonna get a bottle of this........................

shopping

I keep Tequila Clas Azul for special occasions, Corallejo Repasado (blue bottle) for every day, and someone gave me Cenote Anjeo two weeks ago for my birthday and it is quite good... was sipping from the bottle last night.

Reactions: NoleMac
Agavero, which is a tequilla liqueur, for sipping. Second the recommendation for El Jimador for a solid, reasonably priced tequilla.

I keep Tequila Clas Azul for special occasions, Corallejo Repasado (blue bottle) for every day, and someone gave me Cenote Anjeo two weeks ago for my birthday and it is quite good... was sipping from the bottle last night.

I just found and bought a bottle of Jose Cuervo Extra Anejo, Reserva De Familia dated 11-X-13, bottle number 00030, in a designer box.

I have found two more bottles, they are from 18 and 19. Thinking about buying them, after I sip/taste this one......... Sometimes Jose leaves a little something to be desired. I am glad you enjoyed the Cenote. I'll try your recs too.

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT