ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer roster question ~ Heather Payne

FLSnole

Starter
Oct 18, 2020
The roster on the FSU soccer page includes Heather Payne, along with the newcomers. Clara and Jenna are no longer listed. Is this a sign that she may be coming back? I know that she didn’t register for the NWSL draft but I assumed that meant she was going to play professionally in Europe. But now I wonder if she is reconsidering her decision to leave. Does anyone know anything?

Apparently, HP is considering coming back. She will weigh the types of offers she gets in Europe and the amount of playing time offered. She values playing time greatly and if that is not sufficient, she is legitimately considering FSU for one more year.
This is what I've been told.

Reactions: FLSnole
Apparently, HP is considering coming back. She will weigh the types of offers she gets in Europe and the amount of playing time offered. She values playing time greatly and if that is not sufficient, she is legitimately considering FSU for one more year.
That’s great news and thanks for the info. Seemed to work out nicely for both Robbins and Nighswonger to stay. Selfishly would love to see Payne back, but hope that she has options to choose her best path. I wonder whether Emily Madril‘s short stint in Sweden was a better experience than coming back for one more year.

Reactions: Tom81
Wonder how she is preparing for the World Cup in July? Fitness is one thing but regular competitive matches are another. As far as I can tell, Ireland has only one friendly between now and the WC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT