ADVERTISEMENT

"Straight political threads are not happening here"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be Safe Bon Voyage GIF by Reservation Dogs

Was it political? That means we can't discuss politicians?

If a politician is caught in a scandal it can't be discussed here?

I think DFS is very patient with this kind of thing, and locking that thread was the right thing to do. With the way people's feelings get hurt over every little alleged slight, ANYTHING can be deemed political. That thread was headed to HROT land.

If you can somehow wave your magic wand and eliminate the partisan bickering that happens in every thread like that one, I'll consider it. Remember, there are folks who will defend the indefensible if the offender resides on their preferred side of aisle.

No it cannot.
It just takes a lot out of me when I have to dismantle the little amateur hour political wannabe twits and I come here to take a break before I head back to HROT and spar with all those a-holes. Now some are back on here (they know who they are) and this is supposed to be a dimwit free zone. 💩😂

If you can somehow wave your magic wand and eliminate the partisan bickering that happens in every thread like that one, I'll consider it. Remember, there are folks who will defend the indefensible if the offender resides on their preferred side of aisle.
Oooh. Shots fired. 😈

Reactions: MagNoleA and F4Gary
No it cannot.
It just takes a lot out of me when I have to dismantle the little amateur hour political wannabe twits and I come here to take a break before I head back to HROT and spar with all those a-holes. Now some are back on here (they know who they are) and this is supposed to be a dimwit free zone. 💩😂
Are you saying that you miss your safe space?❄️

Reactions: NoleSince1961
No it cannot.
Goldmom being punchy.... :cool:

That’s what I call a bass ackwards comment...
BunsNPuns, Inc.
I'll just remain determined to turn the other cheek; of my glazed HoneyBuns. Now, I'm just craving to hear Andy William's classic, "Moon River....Wider than...." Please pray for me. BTW, are we in a national countdown with Kasey Kasum awaiting your next culinary Mardi Gras menu? We're just dying to hear it. I've got your King Cake right here. Thank you, kindly.

Last edited:
I really don’t get the controversy or debate around the attack on Pelosi. An old guy almost dies in a home invasion: what can possibly be the political spin/animus around that?!
Statements from the assailant suggested politics were a motive.
There is political advantage in associating your opponents with political violence, so it wasn’t going to be ignored.

In the interrogation, DePape readily admitted to being the attacker and explained in step-by-step detail how he broke into the house. He also espoused his many false beliefs that the Democrats stole the election from Trump. He said he viewed Nancy Pelosi as the biggest of the liars.

DePape's voice shows his eagerness to relay what happened in detail, and he gets emotional while talking about some of his unsubstantiated pro-Trump conspiracy theories

But nobody is defending this guy, right? Every reasonable person regardless of political ideology agrees that this guy is crazy and nearly killing Pelosi’s husband is a deplorable act, right? What is the debate here? Trying to assassinate the Speaker of House and almost murdering her husband is not politics; it is delusional violence, right?

Last edited:
But nobody is defending this guy, right? Every reasonable person regardless of political ideology agrees that this guy is crazy and nearly killing Pelosi’s husband is a deplorable act, right? What is the debate here? Trying to assassinate the Speaker of House and almost murdering her husband is not politics; it is delusional violence, right?
Yes, calm down.

Huh? You are the person who described this as bizarre without explaining that chracterization.
In what world is politically motivated, home invading, hammer weilding violence not bizarre?
Some kind of common occurrence where you’re from, because I can’t recall it myself.

gecky-incorporeal.gif

Reactions: fredfarkle336
In a world of Donald Trump and insurrectionists invading the US Capitol attempting to reverse the presidential election process.

In a world where extremists plot to kidnap the governor of Michigan, where sovereign citizens get into deadly standoffs with federal agents, where racist southern governors stand in schoolhouse doors and unleash dogs and firehoses on citizens, where cops beat and murder people in their homes and on the side of the street, where actors scream Sic Semper Tyrannis before putting a bullet in the president’s head, where the nation was founded in genocide and political violence. No, nothing about politically motivated violence is bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT