ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa Bay fires Lovie

wonder who they make a run at? Jimbo?maybe Saban ?

1075-00005.jpg

I remember a video on warchant were Jimbo said he would be interested in the nfl at some point if the right opportunity came along. Something to that effect. Anyway this would be that perfect opportunity in my opinion.

They might promote kutter. That dude is solid

Not a good situation for Jameis. If anyone can adjust to an entirely new offense in only his second year than its him, but not an ideal situation for any young QB in the NFL

Another new head coach for the Bucs and Jameis. Dirk Koetter?

That has been the prevailing rumor was that if Koetter's name got too popular in the head coaching circle that this scenario could play out.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Bucs hired Saban from Alabama. It would be so nice to rag on the Bama fans. We should at least start the rumors to piss them off!.... Lol

Dirk Koetter interviewed with Philly this week. I suspect Lovie was fired so they could retain Koetter. I will be surprised if they hire someone else. Good news Jameis has good chemistry with Koetter.

Dirk Koetter will be Tampa's new HC. His name is getting HOT, and Tampa can't afford to lose him.

JMO

Don't think this matters. Still think Koetter will be the new hire. Kelly would be a disaster with the players on the roster. And he is not a Jameis fan.
No he wont he has a ceiling and we saw it in atlanta with matt ryan which is why he was fired there.

Bucs need a young offensive mind like gase or jimbo to be the head coach

Wow, really? TB just demonstrated everything that is wrong with sports today. So, you bring Lovie Smith in for a year, and get Jameis Winston with the 1st overall pick. Smith and Winston take you from the worst team in the league to playoff contenders with just a couple weeks left in the season. You go from 1 win to 6 in just a year. Doug Martin finshes the year as one of the NFL's top RBs. Everything is looking bright moving forward, and you fire Lovie Smith??? I'm not a Bucs fans, but if I was I would be enraged with the absolute idiocy that was demonstrated by management today. TB will be back at the bottom of the barrel.

Thank God this kind of lunacy wasn't demonstrated with my Niners back in the day when Bill Walsh started coaching. He took a 2-14 49ers team in 1979 to 6-10 the following year with some rookie QB named Joe Montana. In 1981, the 49ers went 13-3, won the SB and began their dynasty. Not saying the Bucs were heading the same direction, but patience and time are apparently of no value anymore in sports. Absolutely pathetic.

Rant over.

Reactions: Walker1921
No he wont he has a ceiling and we saw it in atlanta with matt ryan which is why he was fired there.

Bucs need a young offensive mind like gase or jimbo to be the head coach

Koetter wasn't fired in Atlanta.

Wow, really? TB just demonstrated everything that is wrong with sports today. So, you bring Lovie Smith in for a year, and get Jameis Winston with the 1st overall pick. Smith and Winston take you from the worst team in the league to playoff contenders with just a couple weeks left in the season. You go from 1 win to 6 in just a year. Doug Martin finshes the year as one of the NFL's top RBs. Everything is looking bright moving forward, and you fire Lovie Smith??? I'm not a Bucs fans, but if I was I would be enraged with the absolute idiocy that was demonstrated by management today. TB will be back at the bottom of the barrel.

Thank God this kind of lunacy wasn't demonstrated with my Niners back in the day when Bill Walsh started coaching. He took a 2-14 49ers team in 1979 to 6-10 the following year with some rookie QB named Joe Montana. In 1981, the 49ers went 13-3, won the SB and began their dynasty. Not saying the Bucs were heading the same direction, but patience and time are apparently of no value anymore in sports. Absolutely pathetic.

Rant over.

I agree, did not see this coming. And soccer fans wonder why Man United is in the shitter!

Rant over.

First, this isn't 1979, there is far more money and far more fan interest that can easily lost.

Second, there may be the opinion that they recognized they made a bad/terrible decision. The sooner you cut ties the sooner you can start moving forward.

8-24 is the 2nd worst record over the last 2 years with him as head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT