ADVERTISEMENT

The Night Of - FINALE...The Call of the Wild (Spoilers)

So that reminds me of something. That original deer head picture I posted is from when Nas and Andrea walked into her apartment for the first time. In episode 2, it's the left eye they has blood under it. It's possible both eyes had blood previously, but only the right eye is shown in episode 1.

Photo_Grid_1471729469717.jpg

If I recall, we saw blood below the right eye in episode one but the police swabbed the blood below the left eye. The deer head. The cat. The cat allergies. The inhaler. The open refrigerator door. I am losing my mind even before I try to figure out if Freddie, Duane and the step Dad are connected. I have never re watched so many scenes of a show in my life. And it's gotten me nowhere

So we get deer heads that cry blood. Oh sure I hope HBO gives us something good tomorrow night.

I read a sneak preview mini review earlier that said Episode 7 will leave a lot to be wrapped up for the final episode.

I also noticed the show description for Episode 8 says "A controversy surrounding the defense puts Stone in the spotlight as Nas's trial reaches its climax."

I read a sneak preview mini review earlier that said Episode 7 will leave a lot to be wrapped up for the final episode.

I also noticed the show description for Episode 8 says "A controversy surrounding the defense puts Stone in the spotlight as Nas's trial reaches its climax."

Thanks. I feel so much better now.

Killer show. No pun intended.

I think the black bracelet has a pattern change on it when you go from one side to the other that fooled me between the two views I was looking at. But one of the other pictures you put up shows the change and I see how I was fooled.

BTW looking at these bracelets on the dead body do you see any blood on them? I don't but the pictures are not clear enough on my computer to be sure.

I think the black bracelet has a pattern change on it when you go from one side to the other that fooled me between the two views I was looking at. But one of the other pictures you put up shows the change and I see how I was fooled.

BTW looking at these bracelets on the dead body do you see any blood on them? I don't but the pictures are not clear enough on my computer to be sure.

They don't really show much detail on the post mortem footage of Andrea at all, so I can't really see much.

All this talk about Primal Fear made me put it on via Netflix, since my wife has never seem it. Figured it's a good idea to have her watch it before the show ends.

So far, there's so many similarities or items borrowed from Primal Fear. Some of the dialog between Gere and Norton echos that of Stone and Nas.

Last edited:
Basically it's Duane Reade. Gotta be at this point.

Also, cat comes back into play with how Nas's back got enflamed due to allergic reaction to cat. Just like Stone did when he scratched his neck. We keep getting teased with evidence but it doesn't seem to come up in court.

Also, big miss not mentioning to Box on stand that Duane Reade's preferred weapon of choice was knives.

The intensity of this show is nuts. The dark and light contrast as well. Every time they go to a prison scene I get ready for what trouble is to follow. Great show.

Reactions: dmm5157
Cannot believe Stone continued to work out the the step dad's gym.

Damnit I guess the cat isn't going to solve any gate/door questions.

I am disappointed that the inhaler scene was breezed over. It was not covered in blood in the picture.

Nor that Naz was not covered in blood. Where was the blood.

The two cab partners are so screwing Naz's dad on his 1/3 for the medallion.

Yeah I assume they are saving the not covered in blood argument for the finale.

Cannot believe Stone continued to work out the the step dad's gym.

Damnit I guess the cat isn't going to solve any gate/door questions.

I am disappointed that the inhaler scene was breezed over. It was not covered in blood in the picture.

Nor that Naz was not covered in blood. Where was the blood.

The two cab partners are so screwing Naz's dad on his 1/3 for the medallion.

About that cat. I have to watch the episode again, but did the investigator state that a second floor back window was open and you can get to it by the tree? So the murderer sees the cat that Andrea put out climb back in via the tree. That's how he knows he can get in that way. Cat gets in bed (just like with Stone) and Naz's back scratches become inflamed. But after that, I can't tie the loose ends. If Naz woke up and was bothered by the cat, did he go downstairs because he left the inhaler downstairs in the parlor? Did he get dressed and go down to get it? But why did he pass out and why was the refrigerator door open? And how did the inhaler get back on that bed?

Basically it's Duane Reade. Gotta be at this point.

Also, cat comes back into play with how Nas's back got enflamed due to allergic reaction to cat. Just like Stone did when he scratched his neck. We keep getting teased with evidence but it doesn't seem to come up in court.

Also, big miss not mentioning to Box on stand that Duane Reade's preferred weapon of choice was knives.

I hope the "who done it" part of the story is more than Duane or the hearse driver is a serial killer. But maybe that is the point, an average person (at least pre prison) arrested and convicted for a heinous crime without a full investigation exposing a failure in the justice system.

My son with perfect timing comes in at the beginning and I did not get to hear about the new victim. Are we to assume this is another victim from the same murderer and Box does not want this tied in with the other murder which would be the reasonable doubt to set Naz free?

Did anyone catch in the trial this picture had been changed to two knives in the box.

20160808_210434.jpg

I guess the writers decided it was more plausible to change it to the 4 knife to a set theory. Otherwise the investigator would not realistically have a clue as to a knife missing.

Naz is too far gone now. I think he is killed in next weeks show.

Last edited:
I hope the "who done it" part of the story is more than Duane or the hearse driver is a serial killer. But maybe that is the point, an average person (at least pre prison) arrested and convicted for a heinous crime without a full investigation exposing a failure in the justice system.

My son with perfect timing comes in at the beginning and I did not get to hear about the new victim. Are we to assume this is another victim from the same murderer and Box does not want this tied in with the other murder which would be the reasonable doubt to set Naz free?

Did anyone catch in the trial this picture had been changed to two knives in the box.

20160808_210434.jpg

I guess the writers decided it was more plausible to change it to the 4 knife to a set theory. Otherwise the investigator would not realistically have a clue as to a knife missing.

There is no reason to believe that Naz would be killed unless Freddie stops protecting him. Even if Freddie is somewhat involved with the Andrea killing, the case is too far along now. All the weird plot lines we have been following would progress whether Naz lived or died. If he was involved, Freddie needed Naz to either take the plea deal or at least would be certain of conviction. But doubt has been placed in that courtroom. Box has been damaged. He moved evidence. The name Duane Reade has been spoken,.

Perhaps we are all confused because the plot lines do not point to one suspect - because there are more - and there could have been two potential murderers that night. The other body that was discovered last night was killed in the same way but we have no investigation as to the similarities between that victim and Andrea.

The chauffer looks like the one that would murder in that fashion. And perhaps he killed Andrea. But she had no knowledge of him when she said "I can't be alone tonight".

Wasn't there a line in the first episode where we learned that there were no cameras on Andrea's street? That is why Box never knew about Duane because there was no film to review. If the chauffer drove up, no one would know. Someone commented earlier that the moose had blood in both eyes in the very beginning of the movie. I cannot verify that. The chauffeur serial killer could have put Andrea's blood there - kind of a freaky thing to do. Some serial killers like to leave a message without clues to their identity.

But - perhaps someone else came to kill Andrea that night. That's the best I can do so far.

20160808_210434.jpg

That was my immediate thought regarding the knives. And on the night of, there were only 3 knives in the drawer. That kinda screws everything up IMO. The investigator's picture must be at an angle where one knife is obscured. This also casts doubt on whether there were actually 4 knives in there. Footage from the 1st episode makes it appear there were only 3.

As for the serial killer aspect, I would like to think that police run a description of unusual methods of death (like stabbed a whole bunch of times) as a way to check.

So the one thing that keeps coming up is the inhaler. Why would the killer place it back on the bed if he/she was not setting up Naz? The whole thing about the real killer did not see Naz in the kitchen plays well in court but does not explain why the inhaler was placed back on the bloody bed.

So the one thing that keeps coming up is the inhaler. Why would the killer place it back on the bed if he/she was not setting up Naz? The whole thing about the real killer did not see Naz in the kitchen plays well in court but does not explain why the inhaler was placed back on the bloody bed.

The inhaler is important for all the reasons you stated. That is why I wondered if two people were in that house. If there is such a big deal about someone can walk in the lower level without seeing Naz, then that means that that person would not have seen the inhaler (assuming Naz had it on him). But I think the inhaler, the cat and the open refrigerator door are connected in a series of events that we can't figure out yet.

But will we? The only way we will learn the truth of that night is if the real murderer confesses, or if somebody else was there who say what happened

The inhaler is important for all the reasons you stated. That is why I wondered if two people were in that house. If there is such a big deal about someone can walk in the lower level without seeing Naz, then that means that that person would not have seen the inhaler (assuming Naz had it on him). But I think the inhaler, the cat and the open refrigerator door are connected in a series of events that we can't figure out yet.

But will we? The only way we will learn the truth of that night is if the real murderer confesses, or if somebody else was there who say what happened

Naz is dressed in the kitchen. The murderer could have come in the house, not seen Naz, done the murder, then gone back downstairs and seen Naz. At that point he realizes he can frame him, sees the inhaler that Naz potentially brought downstairs with him from the bedroom after he got dressed, and placed it on the bed.

Not saying that's my theory, just that it is possible.

Let's talk about the other murder. At first I thought it was just to show that when another person gets murdered it is not getting the same public response as Andrea/Naz.

BUT, was that Stone's prostitute? I wasn't sure after I thought about it.

There is no reason to believe that Naz would be killed unless Freddie stops protecting him.

I think either Freddie kills him or allows someone else do it. Freddie gives the illusion of protection but it appears to be more dangerous situation to be around him. I think Naz is too far gone now and his death will be the end of his suffering and drive home the point of the botched police investigation. That is my guess.

I think either Freddie kills him or allows someone else do it. Freddie gives the illusion of protection but it appears to be more dangerous situation to be around him. I think Naz is too far gone now and his death will be the end of his suffering and drive home the point of the botched police investigation. That is my guess.

When Freddie killed the other inmate last night, did it look like Naz tried to hurry and write more down on the paper where I assumed he was signing for a new inhaler? Did he rat out Freddie for killing that dude?

When Freddie killed the other inmate last night, did it look like Naz tried to hurry and write more down on the paper where I assumed he was signing for a new inhaler? Did he rat out Freddie for killing that dude?

I did not think of that during the scene but it did seem so now that you mention it.

I see no reason to believe why Naz would rat out Freddie unless he already figured out that he (Naz) was in danger. He has to see that he is the only non black person under Freddie's wing and he has to know that is "odd". But is there any hint that he is aware that he might be in danger? On the other hand, we know from last night that he sold prescription drugs to friends. He knows how to play the system for gain.

The multiple number of theories reminds me of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express. The detective was so confused by all the possible theories of who the murderer was until he figured out that there were multiple murderers for one victim. In that case, the murderers knew each other. Not so here. But I still think there were two people involved, albeit perhaps independently

But maybe that is the point, an average person (at least pre prison) arrested and convicted for a heinous crime without a full investigation exposing a failure in the justice system.

...and transforming that person into a more dangerous person while also seeing the effect it can have on other family members.

I don't think Nas dies in the final episode. I think he goes further down the spiral. Just my guess.

Good episode, but I think the show is fraying around the edges. The timing is really odd...really weird that it's gone to trial "already" (although we don't know for sure how much time has lapsed) and it seems odd that Stone is still in the heat of investigating alternative suspects while they're in the defense stage of the trial.

Also, it seems like the principals on the defense team have a hell of a lot of time in their day. From what I've seen of documentaries in high profile cases like this, both teams are basically in court all day, and then are strategizing, debriefing, game-planning well into the night. It's pretty much a 24/7 job when it hits trial.

Seems weird that Stone is in the courtroom for the trial, then he's working out, meeting with the financial planner for dirt, going to the Chinese doctor, showing off his shoes to his son, falling in love with a cat, etc. It sort of doesn't add up to me. Naz to a lesser extent sure seems to have time for a lot of extracurriculars during his trial as well.

Not sure what to make of the way the show is going SO far out of it's way to now create multiple strong suspects.

I like the show, but in my mind it's really kind of devolving from a strong A- prestige crime drama that that is supposed to be highly realistic, into just a solidly delivered B grade TV crime series. It's really well acted, and it's a fun whodunit, but it's really gotten fairly goofy and TV-ish.. Still really good for what it is, I think I just felt like it was "more" in the first couple episodes.

Reactions: GE Nole and DanC78
They don't really show much detail on the post mortem footage of Andrea at all, so I can't really see much.

All this talk about Primal Fear made me put it on via Netflix, since my wife has never seem it. Figured it's a good idea to have her watch it before the show ends.

So far, there's so many similarities or items borrowed from Primal Fear. Some of the dialog between Gere and Norton echos that of Stone and Nas.

I've been thinking Primal Fear for a while, but didn't want to mention it because it seemed spoilerish, but I must have missed it being mentioned.

I do think it bears similarities, and I'm still predicting a Primal Fear-esque conclusion.

Although, they are going SO far in making Naz a bad guy (he casually was an accomplice to murder this week), that it almost seems like the swerve is him NOT having done it.

Why would Nas or even Freddy care about killing victor? As Freddy put it before, "What's another life sentence?"

The previews for next week seem to be Freddy preparing Nas for the likelihood that he will spend the rest of his life in prison. He's always felt that was going to be the case.

I don't see any reason why Freddy needs Nas in prison, though. He doesn't really give him any value right now. And he's not really muscle the way Victor was.

I've been thinking Primal Fear for a while, but didn't want to mention it because it seemed spoilerish, but I must have missed it being mentioned.

I do think it bears similarities, and I'm still predicting a Primal Fear-esque conclusion.

Although, they are going SO far in making Naz a bad guy (he casually was an accomplice to murder this week), that it almost seems like the swerve is him NOT having done it.

Originally, I didn't think they'd go the "Primal Fear" route because it was "too new" ... then I realized it's 20 years old now.

The only way it would be shocking is if Nas remembers that he did it. So far, it seems like if he did it, he likely blacked it out. The show keeps showing flashbacks and teasing that he might remember more about that night, but we have yet to see it.

I'd say there is a 95% chance that Nas didn't do it. The show is spending way too much time chasing down other suspects and people with motive to end on "he did it". It's possible, but at this point I think it's unlikely.

Hopefully the finale doesn't end with a single "aha!" moment where the real killer confesses just in the nick of time.

It's interesting to me how watching an 8-hour series and as a viewer I still want tighter writing in certain scenes and more detail in the investigation and then compare it to the details in a 120 minute movie.

Originally, I didn't think they'd go the "Primal Fear" route because it was "too new" ... then I realized it's 20 years old now.

The only way it would be shocking is if Nas remembers that he did it. So far, it seems like if he did it, he likely blacked it out. The show keeps showing flashbacks and teasing that he might remember more about that night, but we have yet to see it.

I'd say there is a 95% chance that Nas didn't do it. The show is spending way too much time chasing down other suspects and people with motive to end on "he did it". It's possible, but at this point I think it's unlikely.

Hopefully the finale doesn't end with a single "aha!" moment where the real killer confesses just in the nick of time.

That's what's weird...the show is absolutely chasing down other suspects.

However, at the EXACT same time, they are taking pains to make Naz more and more believable as a murderer. Hell, he IS a murderer now. While the show is out chasing down Duane Reede and the gigolo stepfather and the hearse freak, they are ALSO establishing:

a) Naz was a drug dealer
b) Naz will beat a man nearly to death in retribution
c) Naz smokes crack
d) Naz sent two people to the hospital in high school
e) Naz participated in a murder
f) Naz clearly visually intimidating/threatening witnesses from the stand
g) And he has shown NO internal conflict
h) And he has admitted to not having a conscience

Just think through that, compared with the Naz for episodes one and two let's say. It's crazy, and it just gets piled up more and more every week. Again, he MURDERED a guy this week.

I just don't really get the end game here with the show with what they are doing, to be revealing Naz as more and more reprehensible each week, AND lining up more and more suspects.

I said this a few goes back as well. Its going to show a flashback of him doing it and then taking a shower and passing out...maybe?

Also who is following Stone?

Let's talk about the other murder. At first I thought it was just to show that when another person gets murdered it is not getting the same public response as Andrea/Naz.

BUT, was that Stone's prostitute? I wasn't sure after I thought about it.

I think that it is the step-dad, Don Taylor, that is following Stone, or at least we are made to believe it is.

What if that was Stone's prostitute. What if Stone isn't what he appears? He has had a lifetime of dealings with nefarious characters. What if it wasn't "dumb-luck" that he ended up at the same precinct that Naz was brought to?

That is probably too far fetched. Haha.

Reactions: ericram
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT