ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Football Bowl Season Drinking Game Thread

Wow, Iowa St is going off the rails with targeting. So far 2 ejected and they got away with another one. Plus a personal foul on their coach.
They keep leading with their helmets.

Why are these playoff games so dang early this year? Hopefully in laws don't keep me from watching some.

Arizona Bowl
Arkansas St vs Nevada CBSSN 1:15

Belk Bowl
USC(e) vs Virginia ABC 12:00

Peach Bowl
uf vs the Fighting Khakis ESPN 12:00

Cotton Bowl
Norte Dame vs Clemson ESPN 4:00

Orange Bowl
Oklahoma vs Alabama ESPN 8:00

Why are these playoff games so dang early this year? Hopefully in laws don't keep me from watching some.

Arizona Bowl
Arkansas St vs Nevada CBSSN 1:15

Belk Bowl
USC(e) vs Virginia ABC 12:00

Peach Bowl
uf vs the Fighting Khakis ESPN 12:00

Cotton Bowl
Norte Dame vs Clemson ESPN 4:00

Orange Bowl
Oklahoma vs Alabama ESPN 8:00

If they continue to be insistent on playing the national title game the Monday after the first round of the NFL playoffs, the college playoff games have to be this given Saturday every year.

Reactions: NoleLizards
As much as I hate the Gates, their offense certainly has improved under Mullen

I brought my daughter to the Houston Children’s Museum to burn of energy and spend quality time so I don’t feel guilty sticking my butt on the couch and suck down snacks and beer starting at 3

Reactions: NoleinATL
Painful watching the Gators look good, esp after how FSU looked and finished the season. Hoping new coaches can resolve the obvious issues and make this team have an exciting O again.

Ive been watching some games, but definitely not as many as a normal year.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Ugh, do not like either team, but lets go Irish, lets knock some of that shine off Clempson

Ugh, do not like either team, but lets go Irish, lets knock some of that shine off Clempson
No way can I pull for ND. I think they should either get in the conference fully or get out. They are not bringing any cred to the ACC with the current arrangement. How is it good for anyone but them when they share basketball revenue but keep football $ to themselves??

No way can I pull for ND. I think they should either get in the conference fully or get out. They are not bringing any cred to the ACC with the current arrangement. How is it good for anyone but them when they share basketball revenue but keep football $ to themselves??
Agree and nobody ever mentions them as affiliated with ACC in football so we really get nothing.

I'm thinking about going to the game tonight. Why?

#MarriageMaterial

Last edited:
Reactions: noleclone2

no way i pull for a team in Orange, reminds me too much of a gator, guilt by association. Do you love gators?

As to the conference allegiance , the group think phenom is overstated. I can not imagine being one of those mouth breathers screaming ( conference name) when my team is not in the game because it might mean a few more crumbs from some plate, but to each their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: seminoleed
no way i pull for a team in Orange, reminds me too much of a gator, guilt by association. Do you love Gators?

As to the conference allegiance , the group think phenom is overstated. I can not imagine being one of those mouth breathers screaming ( conference name) when my team is not in the game because it might mean a few more crumbs from some plate, but to each their own.
Conference pride is what I hate more about the SEC than anything. My favorite was gator fans cheering for Johnny Football’s Heisman because he was SEC.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Alas, Mullen has done a very good job of righting the Gator ship. Maybe he inherited better players than Taggart, or maybe he brought better coaches with him, but whatever the reason, the results are obvious.

The dysfunction that has defined the Gators for the last several years appears to be over, so I don't expect any easy games with them for a long time. And that's fine...the winning team had to earn its stripes during the Bowden-Spurrier era.

no way i pull for a team in Orange, reminds me too much of a gator, guilt by association. Do you love Gators?

It’s not so much about conference allegiance. And no I’m not one of those who when my team falls flat suddenly takes the conference success as consolation. I just have never understood what ND brings to the ACC as a partial member. Oh yeah, and I have never liked ND except for the Sugar Bowl the year they beat the Gators—the team I despise most

I just have never understood what ND brings to the ACC as a partial member.

ND has brought a great deal of success, money, and attention to the ACC in non football sports. They are successful at women's sports across the board, which I think is extremely important for a well rounded University (Go Noles National Champs twice in 2018), as well as performed pretty dang well in BB. Football is its own beast, success begets success, who is in your conference is immaterial.

Discussion in this thread made me think about one of our all time plays

I never tire of watching that play. Jesse flat out busted a move that defined the season. All in, flat out, go for it.
Soccer caught the fever, turned up the heat, and followed the lead.
Let’s Go Noles!!
Who’s next? Track and field, beach volleyball, basketball, football? Who ya got?

no way i pull for a team in Orange, reminds me too much of a gator, guilt by association. Do you love gators?

That’s great, but screw the irish

Last edited by a moderator:
I think our next Championship is Mens BB. I love this team, we have a shot against anyone and everyone this year
That would be so amazing and certainly would be well deserved by Coach Ham and his crew. He has stayed the course against long odds and the talent now coming to FSU is a testament to hard work and determination.
Kids will sign on to a program that can point to obvious growth in basketball skills, educational excellence (his guys graduate consistently), nurturing leaders and staying the hay out of trouble. I am so proud of the way that FSU basketball represents the university and city of Tallahasse.
Let’s Go Noles!!

ACC refs blow a replay. Imagine that. He clearly did not maintain possession to the ground. It moved and he had to secure again with second hand.

Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT