ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Football Bowl Season Drinking Game Thread

Whelp, from week one Clemson and Alabama seemed clearly the two best teams.

Worth noting it appears the Alabama suspensions could have been PED related too. So Clemson and Bama winning that contest as well. But we all know from Tour de France and Baseball PEDs dont really help...

I think this ACC crew has done a great job. The backwards pass play was a close call, and had they whistled it dead (and been wrong), it would have cost Alabama a TD. Letting the play proceed was the prudent thing to do, and replay made the correct call.

Other than that play, I haven't seen a single bad call.

Reactions: cmanole
I think this ACC crew has done a great job. The backwards pass play was a close call, and had they whistled it dead (and been wrong), it would have cost Alabama a TD. Letting the play proceed was the prudent thing to do, and replay made the correct call.

Other than that play, I haven't seen a single bad call.
It was almost two yards downfield. It was a putrid call giving the TD scoring team false hopes.

Refs getting it wrong again on the knee down. Close doesn't count, at least Bama got a penalty and negated the poor call.

OU just doesn't seem to be able to get a stop and actually get in this. They aren't out of it, but not quite in it.

At least OU made it a game. Man, K Murray is really accurate with his long passes. Tua is too.

I think some of you are looking too hard for proof that an ACC crew is inferior. There will always be those calls that could have gone either way (like the downed knee), but I think these guys did a very good job tonight. I looked to me like the QB slide made the first down line, even if the spot gave the guy more progress than it perhaps should have.

Alabama is tough, but Oklahoma gave them a real fight after falling way behind to start the game.

It didn't look like Alabama had the best pass rush in college football (I'm sure Kyler Murray had something to do with that), and they made a lot of mental errors. They also didn't look as fast as Oklahoma, so maybe Clemson has a shot if they can spread the field out and play an error-free game.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
I think some of you are looking too hard for proof that an ACC crew is inferior. There will always be those calls that could have gone either way (like the downed knee), but I think these guys did a very good job tonight. I looked to me like the QB slide made the first down line, even if the spot gave the guy more progress than it perhaps should have.
ACC officials being the laughingstock of college football refereeing is an excepted fact. They are routinely called out for their incompetence nationally.

All season, I've seen the ball spotted where the QB begins his slide, and announcers have always said that's how the rule is properly interpreted. Tua would have been called a couple of yards short of the first down if the officiating was consistent with what I've seen all year.

Reactions: BelemNole
I'm not arguing the overall quality of ACC officiating. I'm arguing that last night's crew called a good game. Feel free to disagree...but you'll be wrong. :)

DLWJG5FV4AAAUQI.jpg

2f5ca5-d2237c6aba0246eb82432c093ed003a9_orig.jpg

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT