ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR NCAA March Madness Drinking Game Thread!

He is a very good coach, but he needs to adjust for sure. For his style of play to win in March it takes a combination of his guys being hot, and the other team not hitting shots. And that typically isnt going to happen for 6 straight games. At some point they have to be able to push it and essentially out athlete other teams when things arent going their way.

Your opinion is that in order to win one team must score more points than the other team. That’s a hot take

That floor is a problem. Slick. It put Savoy down earlier. Mann has a groin injury which will not heal quickly. Dang.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Your opinion is that in order to win one team must score more points than the other team. That’s a hot take

Never said anything about score, so that wasnt my opinion at all, but thanks for the observation. Not sure why you are so defensive. He is 10-7 in NCAA play, but ACC tournament champ 3 times, and regular season twice, and has made it past the sweet 16 once. So, give me your hot take on how that is working if you will? He has a .720 winning% at UVA, in a very good basketball conference, yet, he has made it to the sweet 16 twice, and past it once. Disagree all you want, I am all about conversation, but this is a team that is consistently highly ranked, who consistently bows out early in the tournament. YOu are telling me that is working?

IN an NBA series style, I think he would have at least 1, if not more national titles. But anybody can get beat once. In the college game, you need good guards in March who can dictate the flow of the game, and his style of play just doesnt have that.

Not a bad last couple of minutes. Agree with ATL, we got to run these guys and not start pulling up. Mizzou is gassed.

Reactions: noleclone2
Never said anything about score, so that wasnt my opinion at all, but thanks for the observation. Not sure why you are so defensive. He is 10-7 in NCAA play, but ACC tournament champ 3 times, and regular season twice, and has made it past the sweet 16 once. So, give me your hot take on how that is working if you will? He has a .720 winning% at UVA, in a very good basketball conference, yet, he has made it to the sweet 16 twice, and past it once. Disagree all you want, I am all about conversation, but this is a team that is consistently highly ranked, who consistently bows out early in the tournament. YOu are telling me that is working?

IN an NBA series style, I think he would have at least 1, if not more national titles. In the college game, you need good guards in March who can dictate the flow of the game, and his style of play just doesnt have that.

He was the number 1 seed in the tournament and lost in the first round for the first time in tournament history

/discussion

So I officially made the worst prediction. Not only did I pick Virginia to win it all and they’re out in the first round but they were never even in the game.

He was the number 1 seed in the tournament and lost in the first round for the first time in tournament history

/discussion

Yeah, that is a fact. Not exactly sure what that has to do with anything I am saying. At this point I dont even know your stance on him. Do you think he is a good coach, or not a good coach?

13-0 run. 2 more Tigers with foul troubles... both Porters. I hear Orlandnole and Roaminhomey doing the Warchantness.

Reactions: OrlandNole
They are talking about this kid Michael Porter going to the NBA. Lol

Which board is the echo chamber?

Lot's are. I got booted from the Gator site for saying Tebow wasn't a good NFL QB. I respect board rules and never talk trash about FSU, but I like different opinions on things, which I guess is frowned upon these days.

I love these announcer slobbering over this Turner kid who looks like he’s about to puke and has the slowest shot. Sure go to the draft

The slickness of the floor has been addressed, but the lime green sherbet on the edge is awful...freaking Tennessee

Telling the truth violated the rules over there? Who would have thunk it...

Well I just had a moderator ask me why I am here, so I guess this is meant to be an echo chamber too. Bizarre to me. I get not wanting trolls, but I am not that at all, but whatever, people like their little bubbles.

He is a very good coach, but he needs to adjust for sure. For his style of play to win in March it takes a combination of his guys being hot, and the other team not hitting shots. And that typically isnt going to happen for 6 straight games. At some point they have to be able to push it and essentially out athlete other teams when things arent going their way.

I'd take a direct swap.

Aah. Emotions run high on a night like this. Things were tightening up in the game, but all is better. My Uncle in Virginia is suffering mightily right now, tho. Dang, I feel for him.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Good to see Mann shaking hands. There is Cofer with a hug for Martin. Big Phil was on his way to Tennessee until Martin left town.

True, but small sample with a record setting upset. Id take big picture. Not too dissimilar to ole #11.

But UVA is always a disappointment in March. Good coach, good program, but they dont adjust to March well. at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT